C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

A quick question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C320 pewter/charcoal
Based on those Pics I really don't think your Mercedes color is Pewter (I have a pewter car and it is much darker with more greyish tones). I believe your color is the metallic Desert Platinum. If I'm not mistaken you can open your driver's side door and it should have a color code on a metallic plate there.

I too advise against chrome (bit gawdy for that color).

My $.02
Old 12-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Almost a Member!

2k3 C230 Kompressor Sports Sedan
Originally Posted by respdoc
Isn't the name in the upper right hand corner of the pic? It's cut off but if I would have to guess it looks likes it says "Momo"
no its the heading of autowerks.com... and i tried thep properties but it didnt say, named heading
Old 12-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by jugdishoh1
Based on those Pics I really don't think your Mercedes color is Pewter (I have a pewter car and it is much darker with more greyish tones). I believe your color is the metallic Desert Platinum. If I'm not mistaken you can open your driver's side door and it should have a color code on a metallic plate there.

My $.02

thanks for the input..... yeah i thought a CERTAIN chrome rim might look good, but now i see why everyone is telling me no.... im so confused on what rims to get still
Old 12-03-2004, 01:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS
Originally Posted by AlpineBenzsLdy
thanks for the input..... yeah i thought a CERTAIN chrome rim might look good, but now i see why everyone is telling me no.... im so confused on what rims to get still
Maybe these ? :p
Attached Thumbnails A quick question!-bear.jpg  
Old 12-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Almost a Member!

lol.... no thanks! but they might look good on yours!! :p
Old 12-03-2004, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is not yet completed
oooo those are sick.. i want to put that on my car... are they spinners? if so ill definitly buy those.....SIKE!!! those are hella ugly...
Old 12-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Actually since her car is desert silver I think these would provide a nice offset.

I know she calls it silver/beige. But wouldn't the added red enhance it?

Old 12-03-2004, 03:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch

I know she calls it silver/beige. But wouldn't the added red enhance it?

lol sorry i didnt know the name of the paint,.. haha, you guys keep making fun of me!
Old 12-03-2004, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Are those ***** in the reflection?!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
lol sorry i didnt know the name of the paint,.. haha, you guys keep making fun of me!
We would never do that. We just never had anybody that had so many blond moments in a row. :p
Old 12-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Guest0001

Originally Posted by jugdishoh1

My $.02
metallic desert platinum? There is no such color. There is "desert silver"(which is gold) and her car looks nothing like that. Her car is pewter since pewter changes colors in light and turns to goldish.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
We would never do that. We just never had anybody that had so many blond moments in a row. :p

lol, ok ok ok... haha, lately i been stressed out and have alot of things on my mind. but im usually not so "blonde" lol... oh well
Old 12-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Imperial C320
metallic desert platinum? There is no such color. There is "desert silver"(which is gold) and her car looks nothing like that. Her car is pewter since pewter changes colors in light and turns to goldish.
ill check it tonight,... im at work right now.... but regardless, chrome is seeming to be a no no according to you guys... so yeah i like the HRE rims you posted,... those are NICE
Old 12-04-2004, 06:41 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
yup...Chrome + bad styling =

chrome + good styling =

polished =

brushed =

black w/ polished lips =
Old 12-04-2004, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c230 kompressor
I would go with bbs, but thats me, chrome on mercedes=ugly

I also think anything over 18 is over kill, and make sure your wheels are not heavy!!!!

Last edited by HITMAN; 12-04-2004 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
Originally Posted by Imperial C320
What horrible taste.
Ha Ha Ha!!!
Too funny
Old 12-04-2004, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
Those Brabus wheels are sooo slag.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
Dont listen to these suckas, negrofied cars w/chrome rims are in YO! Check 'Pimp my Ride' and you will see wassup
Old 12-06-2004, 05:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Originally Posted by LorinserCClass
Dont listen to these suckas, negrofied cars w/chrome rims are in YO! Check 'Pimp my Ride' and you will see wassup
Listen to the

[]D [] []V[] []D
Old 12-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by FrankW
yup...Chrome + bad styling =

chrome + good styling =

polished =

brushed =

black w/ polished lips =
yeah i was thinking black with polished lip. but i didnt think those would go with my color either... the color on the car is tricky to match rims up to.... im trying here guys. i found a couple HRE's that i like....

and you guys think 19s is too much?
Old 12-06-2004, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
yeah i was thinking black with polished lip. but i didnt think those would go with my color either... the color on the car is tricky to match rims up to.... im trying here guys. i found a couple HRE's that i like....

You can't go wrong with HRE's. I agree that black wheels wouldn't look right with your color. About 19's being "too much", it just depends how much you value your ride quality. It will be a lot rougher than it is now and the likelihood of getting flats will also be increased. Due to these factors, I decided on 18's but many forum members prefer 19's. Have you looked at any of the AMG wheels? The designs aren't very aggressive, but they are good quality wheels that you can find at quite reasonable prices. If your car is indeed pewter, here's what the staggered 18" AMG IV wheels would look like...
Old 12-06-2004, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203

Chrome rims are tricky....it can be pulled of but not all the time. On silver cars its a definite no no, it does look bad/tacky IMHO. I like the look on how they came out on my car when I did it approx 2 yrs ago but I am kinda bored with it now myself.

Chrome always looks good on white and black w/few exceptions. FOr instance I had chrome rims on my black audi before but it didnt look right so I blacked them out w/chrome lips

Came out much better. Black rims on silver cars do look good if you complete the 'look' like my buddy Ben did.

Also IMHO again I dont think you should shell out the cash for HRE unless you are going to do competition, its just not worth it unless you buy second hand. Just go for Iforged or DPE. Good luck though on everything and just check and post all your probs on all mb forums to make sure you are making good choices

Last edited by LorinserCClass; 12-06-2004 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by LorinserCClass
Chrome rims are tricky....it can be pulled of but not all the time. On silver cars its a definite no no, it does look bad/tacky IMHO. I like the look on how they came out on my car when I did it approx 2 yrs ago but I am kinda bored with it now myself.

Chrome always looks good on white and black w/few exceptions. FOr instance I had chrome rims on my black audi before but it didnt look right so I blacked them out w/chrome lips

Came out much better. Black rims on silver cars do look good if you complete the 'look' like my Ben did.

Also IMHO again I dont think you should shell out the cash for HRE unless you are going to do competition, its just not worth it unless you buy second hand. Just go for Iforged or DPE. Good luck though on everything and just check and post all your probs on all mb forums to make sure you are making good choices
thanks for all the pics that helped alot! my car isnt the silver tho, its pewter or whatever, so i still dont think the black with polished lip would look good. i like the chrome rims you had, but again my car is a different color.... this gets harder every day!