C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

sirius sat install question? Please Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 E63s AMG
sirius sat install question? Please Help

I have the c320 ss and I was bought for christmas the sirius sat radio. It is not the intergrated one for the cammand that I have. It is that other one. Where is the best place to put it to get the best sound and reception. I also do not want it to look bad either. Any help will be appriciated
Old 12-27-2004, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have no clue what you got as there are so many different brands and types. Is it a PnP type where everything is in one display, is it a seperate display and receiver? Check with ProFit or Panavise for mounts that will put it next to the radio, the best place from a usability point of view. Sirius PnPs tend to be large and for the most part, ugly but that's just the way it is, one main reason I switched from Sirius to XM. Also you'll need to get the Aux cable from the MB dealer and wire that in (STF for more info). As for the antena, I mounted mine inder the dash pad just above the instrument cluster, worked OK but not great. Many mount it on the rear shelf or use the magnetic mount on the edge of their trunk lid. I've found Sirius to have mediocre reception so you may have to try a couple of different areas, of course the center of your roof is best.