C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

'06 C Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by silberrosa
Well said Citron. I would be willing to bet the "square headed" *****s at MBUSA are more disapponted than even vadim with the sales numbers for the coupe.
I doubt it. MBUSA didn't want this car to begin with... The dealers **** all over it. And they still sold a ton the first year. Advertising? What advertising?

On a more positive note, they got the sport sedan write.
This implies the Coupe is wrong. I disagree, but to some extent, agree MB botched several aspects. I love the styling, but think the AMG rear bumper should have been on every car. I like the performance, but given how MB marketed it, and the fact that its #1 direct competitor had more HP, MB should have upped the power at launch. I like the handling, but it should have had the AMG sways and the direct control package at launch. I think the manual is OK, but I agree its no Ferrari box.

No car is perfect. The power of the G35 eclipses the fact that the car is kinda generic in the styling dept, it rides poorly and is noisy inside, has a cheap 'panasonic plastic' interior, is pretty cramped. So, the lesson here to Benz is that 272HP will make us ignore everything you did wrong. Even the B Class. Well, only with get our C350 Coupes! :v

You guys are lucky to have all the cool stuff (sport packet und AMG cladding) standard. I guess it is the case of putting your efforts on the cars they can sell.
So, the CLK, CL, SLK, etc, all should be cancelled then? There volumes are small too.

Last edited by Outland; 02-07-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 CLK 500 cab
Originally Posted by vadim
One of the points that MB-USA are missing is that the C Coupe is a niche car. ....
That's a great post and I agree 100% with it. I wanted to buy a hatchback coupe and the C-coupe was the best one I could find. If I wanted a sedan, I would probably not be driving an MB. I've owned three MB sedans and they just don't appeal to me anymore.