C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

side view mirrors stolen, anyone else?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203
this happened to me about a year ago, the first week i picked up the car....
Old 02-21-2005, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230K
That Sucks!!
But, indeed, can be replaced!
Old 02-21-2005, 02:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by f00b4r
Yesterday afternoon I walked out of my office building into the parking garage and got in my car... just like any other afternoon... Went to turn on my car and notice a warning on my hud... left blinker error... then right blinker error... So I look out my window and instead of seeing a side mirror I see a couple wires sticking out. I look at my passenger side mirror and only see the mirror (no casing!).

Get out of the car and it looks like someone removed the entire driver side mirror and the casing around the passenger side mirror. No other damage to the car or the mirror mount area. Looks like whoever did it knew how to remove the mirror.

I am pretty upset, made the police report, insurance claim, and call into my service advisor... Is the resale market for the mirrors pretty hot?? I have no idea why someone would go through the trouble to do this in a large, fairly busy office parking garage...

There is a clk convertible that also parks in the garage that I looked at to see if it was bothered. It had the folding mirrors but I notices one of them was folding in and the other was bent backwards a bit. I am thinking they were trying to remove it (and my passenger side mirror) but were interupted and gave up.
I would talk to Steve and replace them with optioned mirrors.

There is no market for them ...... someone was just being weird.