C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

an advantage of having the panoramic moonroof

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 09:48 AM
benzomonterey

It' seems like everyone loves the fact that they own a benz yet don't like the fact that people are going to comment or look at it.

As far as it being an entry level model, I have had 48 cars so far in my driving life, and I have owned German cars made in Mexico, Japanese cars made in Ohio and Indiana. I am quite happy that I found a Truly German made car with alot of standard features for around 25k. Everyone always moans and groans for the days of the old BMW 2002 and other little quick cars. We find one and all we do is gripe about what wasn't included. Just my 2 cents worth.

P.S. I Love taco bell and the benz looks great in front of the double wide. :p Unfortunately I don't have a pan roof or a transvestite friend to ask about it
Old 12-05-2001, 10:05 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
In addition to being a "sunroof" the Panorama package is a unique feature that distinguishes the Coupe from dozens of other "sunroof" cars, AND, like the SLK's convertible hardtop, it represents the kind of innovation one expects of... a MERCEDES-BENZ. Your friends will admire it, and prospective buyers of used Coupes will covet it. Plus, you get to enjoy it in the meantime, the most important reason of all.

Besides, the simple sunroof in my sedan cost 30% more than the enitre Panorama roof package in the Coupe, so, like the C7 package, both are bargains. Unless you are 6' 8" tall and need the steel roof for headroom, buying the Pana roof is a no-brainer for me. Just my 2-cents...

Last edited by MB-BOB; 12-05-2001 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
its not that they comment/look the car; its when they try to make you feel bad about it... "oh, you must be a snob" or "how can you spend so much money on cars...its so 80's" type of comments.

btw, most people love the car; i definitely don't mean to say that a LOT of people make snide remarks. very few actually do. and it doesn't bother me at all. :p

48 cars? wow.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:20 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Short story... Drove 700 miles from Dallas to St. Louis over the Summer to check in with the relatives. We stayed at my brother-in-law's house. He avoided walking out the door to look at my car when we arrived, and refused to ride in it when offered later.

Of course, it's his problem that he's a bitter, narrow-minded, trade laborer with a huge chip of jealousy on his shoulder. My Uncle, on the other hand, who is on his 16th Cadillac, loved the car! I've written off the former as a pr@#k, while I really love the latter. I've always admired his caddys, too.

Your results may vary...

Last edited by MB-BOB; 12-05-2001 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-05-2001, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
to CunningLinguist (off topic)...

Originally posted by CunningLinguist

Told my wife and her friend about your "handle" and they chuckled.
Old 12-05-2001, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 BMW Z3 2.3 Roadster (hardtop current ly attached)
Re: Re: Open mind

Originally posted by Rick

My girlfriend really likes it because she can....
you had me thinking you were headed somewhere totally different with that... something about extra headroom and animalistic urges...

my wife's first comment re: panorama (in front of sales manager)... "that's nice... I'm so sick of smacking my head on the roof while I'mmmm...."(trails off... everybody looks at everybody else kinda funny, then moves on like nobody said anything)