C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
View Poll Results: How many of you are considering buying the new W204 upon release?
Yes! Definitely will!
16.19%
No way!
44.76%
Maybe, Have to see the car in person, & weigh options.
39.05%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

How many of you are considering buying the W204 in Summer of '07?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
i think my next car would most likely be a 2 door E46 M3? or a bigger 4 door E 500 or 550i
M3 FTW!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 C350, 90 535im
no

We just picked up a 06 C350 last year. I am thinking about an 08 E63.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:20 PM

2008 C300 Sport Sedan: Panarama Roof, P2, Multimedia
Judging by the poll, it looks like that only me and a select few of us are seriously looking in to buying the w204. A lot of no ways! I know it's bad buy a car in the first year of production, they've tested the C-Class over 15 million miles! That's more than any other tests done!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:43 PM

c240 elegance
If I wanted a car that looks like a BMW, I would buy a BMW.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:45 PM

06 C 350 2014 GLK350
I have absolutely no concern about first year reliability after the extennsive testing. Also, knowing that Mercedes wants to get top ratings in the US, they will not ship anything that isn't the very best. In addition, if we buy this fall there will be quite a few produced and in the field before our cars will be built.
My only concern about buying the first year is that I'm sure there will be changes coming in subsequent years that would be nice to have. For one thing, the new higher horsepower piezo injected models will be coming.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Definitely not gonna buy the first year production.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:57 PM

2006 C230SS Blue/Black, 2003 SL500 Silver/Black
I'm liking the interior but not the exterior. I'll wait for body kits to make it look good.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by Boom vang
Benz-boi:

No offence: but maybe you should seek some help, reading through your posts I would say that there is no car in the world that would appear to satisfy you. OCD perhaps?

You had a C class, got bored of it and jumped to a IS250 and it is so new that the plastic is still probably on the seats and now you are thinking of dumping that and going to the new C-class. Problem is once you get the W204, there will be another new vehicle from another company that will be the rage and you will find faults with your new purchase and start the process all over. It is like buying a computer, it is obsolete as soon as we purchase it. The only way to keep up with cars, other than having bags of money is to work for a dealership selling them, that way you can drive the latest and greatest.

Just be grateful that you have the means to be able to purchase cars like you've had, and TRY to enjoy them. Think how many people can only afford to drive a Civic, Kia or Neon and only aspire in their dreams to have a Benz or Lexus. You on the otherhand are never satisfied!

I guess you enjoying the pleasure of paying the PDI and Freight

And one last point, just because it is new doesn't mean it is better or more desireable, tune into the Barret Jackson Auction on SpeedTV this weekend and you'll be amazed what old cars go for and what people are prepared to pay to get them. A 300SL roadster went for $575,000 which has a 1/3 of the horsepower a SLR has and comes with steel wheels and hubcaps. The cars of my youth (1970's american muscle) now go for insane amounts, wish I was stockpiling them
wow way to sum up my car ocd too! i'm always like that, after a year or two i want a different car
Old 01-22-2007, 08:19 PM

Ford Pinto
Originally Posted by MB-JIM
I have absolutely no concern about first year reliability after the extennsive testing. Also, knowing that Mercedes wants to get top ratings in the US, they will not ship anything that isn't the very best. In addition, if we buy this fall there will be quite a few produced and in the field before our cars will be built.
Tell that to my 2002 C240. The first 75,000 miles were total hell for me. My wife was so mad at the car because it was always something. They can claim they have drove it to the moon and back and I would wait until the 4th model year because of their $34,000 car in my garage they called "the best yet" when we purchased it.

Mark my words, what they ship won't be the very best. It will be better than the W203's introduction models and most of us here will applaud them for that but we deserve better when we purchase that three pointed star on the hood (or grill ).

However, I am glad you are optimistic about it and I hope I am wrong.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by wizkid
Tell that to my 2002 C240. The first 75,000 miles were total hell for me. My wife was so mad at the car because it was always something. They can claim they have drove it to the moon and back and I would wait until the 4th model year because of their $34,000 car in my garage they called "the best yet" when we purchased it.

Mark my words, what they ship won't be the very best. It will be better than the W203's introduction models and most of us here will applaud them for that but we deserve better when we purchase that three pointed star on the hood (or grill ).

However, I am glad you are optimistic about it and I hope I am wrong.
new cars = too many new computers and sensors = MORE PROBLEMS, more things to go wrong
Old 01-22-2007, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Buy that car? Are you nuts?

Seriously, its not doing anything at all for me. The dumpy narrow drooping butt, the headlights from a GL, and that cheap, almost knockoff looking grille on the sport version with the frisbee size star is just hideous. I like the body crease line...and that's about it.

Oh, the clamshell hood is OK...looks silly from the side however. The interior is an unmitigated disaster.

Also, whomever above listed the Acura RL as a car that hasn't aged well, I second and third that. I was watching an ad for the car last night during the Colts<>Pats game, and I just thought "wow, and I thought it was bad when it was new"....the proportions are just soooo wrong.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:17 PM

06 C 350 2014 GLK350
Why is it that nearly all complaints about the W204 are concerning cosmetics? Doesn't anyone look at the potential technical excellence of this new model? I feel it is a significant technical step up from the W203's and even the W211's.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:22 PM

Ford Pinto
Originally Posted by MB-JIM
Why is it that nearly all complaints about the W204 are concerning cosmetics? Doesn't anyone look at the potential technical excellence of this new model? I feel it is a significant technical step up from the W203's and even the W211's.
My complaints are not.

The electrical stuff sucks on the W203.

I vote for, Let's wait and see what happens. Proove me wrong MB!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:38 PM

08 C300 4-Matic, P1 P2 MM iPod Kit
I agree. I think we all need wait for driving/real world reviews. We can all comment on pictures because that's all we have to go by for now. For one, the car has REALLY grown on me and I think it's a great forward thinking design with a hint of the 190 history. Someone has to change the bar and MB is great for doing that. We are all so used to most recent design, like in our routine everyday habits, people resist change. I think the W203 after seeing the new W204, looks all of a sudden out dated inside and out.

When the new 5 series came out I hated the look: weird trunk and lights, swooping front end/grill but over time I actually really liked the car. At first glance the W204 didn't jump at me but after looking at many different pics and reading about the features the past few days I love it

This could possibly be the best built Mercedes in recent times and I'm hoping so....they really need this car to succeed. Give it time yet...
Old 01-22-2007, 11:08 PM

MB
Originally Posted by Chi-Benz
I agree. I think we all need wait for driving/real world reviews. We can all comment on pictures because that's all we have to go by for now. For one, the car has REALLY grown on me and I think it's a great forward thinking design with a hint of the 190 history. Someone has to change the bar and MB is great for doing that. We are all so used to most recent design, like in our routine everyday habits, people resist change. I think the W203 after seeing the new W204, looks all of a sudden out dated inside and out.

When the new 5 series came out I hated the look: weird trunk and lights, swooping front end/grill but over time I actually really liked the car. At first glance the W204 didn't jump at me but after looking at many different pics and reading about the features the past few days I love it

This could possibly be the best built Mercedes in recent times and I'm hoping so....they really need this car to succeed. Give it time yet...
Hopefully MBUSA hears you. Those idiots will strip the car and give us what THEY think is best for consumers
Old 01-23-2007, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Chi-Benz

Same here. At first glace, the w204 didn't do anything, but after all the press, I'm starting to like it more and more!
Old 01-23-2007, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is SOLD
i have to see the car in person and always wait a year or two after the first year for mb to get rid of some of the quirks.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:28 PM

2007, C280
When I first saw pictures of it, i hated it. I must admit it's growing on me more now, but I still likely will not get it.
I just leased my 07, and likely the next car (March 2010) will be an E-Class.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:58 PM

Ford Pinto
Is it more aerodynamic?

That is what I want to know.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 C300 Wagon; '75 Triumph TR6; previous: 2004 C230 6spd sold after 17 years of driving
the cd is the same at .27

Which is good considering the car is longer and wider so I guess that is success. The front is still hideous. Wish the car had the smoothness of the new S or the avantguard shape of the CLS. Bring back Bruno to do the styling and fire the monkey rookies in that department. Wonder what is happening in Germany these days as there cars are getting ugly, witness the new A4 with that horible long overhang front, the borring Jetta and the hideous 3 series sedan. Even the Cayman looks awkward.

Cars that require an acquired taste in the way they look tells you that at the get-go there is something wrong in the styling. It is an ugly duckling and yes by starring at it for a long time you get used to it...just like having an ugly girlfriend you get used to her and start to see some the beauty in her until you get a reality check when you introduce her to someone new. Ugly is ugly no way to skirt this issue

Never heard anyone say that they once they got used to the look that they ended up liking the way it looked eg> Maranello, Daytona, 300zx, SLR, Carrera GT or E type, SL
Old 01-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Banned

05 C230
I like the new design. Its unique. Must wait till it comes out until I decide.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by Boom vang
the cd is the same at .27

Which is good considering the car is longer and wider so I guess that is success. The front is still hideous. Wish the car had the smoothness of the new S or the avantguard shape of the CLS. Bring back Bruno to do the styling and fire the monkey rookies in that department. Wonder what is happening in Germany these days as there cars are getting ugly, witness the new A4 with that horible long overhang front, the borring Jetta and the hideous 3 series sedan. Even the Cayman looks awkward.

Cars that require an acquired taste in the way they look tells you that at the get-go there is something wrong in the styling. It is an ugly duckling and yes by starring at it for a long time you get used to it...just like having an ugly girlfriend you get used to her and start to see some the beauty in her until you get a reality check when you introduce her to someone new. Ugly is ugly no way to skirt this issue

Never heard anyone say that they once they got used to the look that they ended up liking the way it looked eg> Maranello, Daytona, 300zx, SLR, Carrera GT or E type, SL
Old 01-23-2007, 10:53 PM

I've got several buddies that are techs at the dealership and they recently attended a training session on the new w204, and he says that it's sick and it's got the most features for that type of car in the class. I don't know......we'll see. Reliability isn't that much of an issue, I know a clock keeper, a service rep, and a few mechanics, and 2 guys working at parts. It'll make it easier for me to service and cheaper once out of warranty.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:20 PM

Ford Pinto
Originally Posted by benzo-boi
I've got several buddies that are techs at the dealership and they recently attended a training session on the new w204, and he says that it's sick and it's got the most features for that type of car in the class. I don't know......we'll see. Reliability isn't that much of an issue, I know a clock keeper, a service rep, and a few mechanics, and 2 guys working at parts. It'll make it easier for me to service and cheaper once out of warranty.
What is a clock keeper?
Old 01-23-2007, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 C300 Wagon; '75 Triumph TR6; previous: 2004 C230 6spd sold after 17 years of driving
so soon? it was just previewed in Germany on Thursday. I find it a bit hard to believe that the techs at a dealership (no doubt) were given a training session on the new car?? It has not even made its public debut which upcoming for the Geneva show

I know some senior people in Mercedes Benz Canada head office and they have been minorly briefed on the new car ( a couple of them flew over) but nothing such as a training sessions.

I think that your buddies are giving you a line and you are buying in. The date of launch for North America has not been announced yet nor have the lines and equipment levels been set. Have the dates in Europe even been yet?

The timing after the announcement is just too soon

Benzo-boy is now determined to buy the first versions despite all cautions and knowing him and his flip-flopping buying habits he'll probably change cars about another 4-5 times by the time we decide to buy it in mid model year

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many of you are considering buying the W204 in Summer of '07?