C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

new C Coupe check it out It's still alive!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 c300
C Coupe

The coupe thread got so long I decided to post this as a new one Here's a review of the new Coupe by a British newspaper.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol...cle3812156.ece

Old 04-26-2008, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
That article is spot on, I live in the states and will never see the C coupe here, but I can see how it will fill their "oh BMW has one we must too" quota. I'm never a fan of car trickery though, the ever popular rebadging of a car from another manufacturer just so you can have one in your line up, or in this case taking something old and putting a pretty face on it. Honestly if they would have updated the interior better (its improved over the w203 version), with say the same interior as the new w204 car, then no one would have been the wiser. I just wonder if this will come back to bite them in the ***, with a new BMW 1 series, a BMW 3 series real coupe/conv, Audi A5 and maybe a coupe version of the A2 being built, there will be too many choices that would over power this old school setup.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 c300
Yeah, It may rebound on MB. Piece of cynical marketing.

Loved the headline "Pensioner in a young gun’s sharp suit"

Probably killed sales to young guys right there!
Old 04-27-2008, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
This topic is some letters I wrote to MBUSA detailing the impediments they've erected against US consumers. The content includes requests for them to permit resumption of importation of the C-Coupe.

Not every motorist needs, or appreciates, the practicality afforded by a 2+2 hatchback coupe. For me, this is my stealth pickup truck. It is AMAZING how much stuff can be loaded into this format vehicle.

Of all the vehicle types, I've owned 'em all, except a convertible (I'm not attractive enough) and a pickup truck (they're not attractive enough). For me, the 2+2 hatchback coupe works best. It's not just the load / volume capacity, 90% of my miles are solo, so why carry extra volume / weight around? I've owned several 2+2 hatchback coupes and would like another for my next vehicle.

Visually, the body style is my favorite too.

The only ones in the US now are front-drive. While I appreciate the cost-savings from front-drive vehicles, I don't want to saddle myself with years of tolerating front-drive vehicle dynamics.

At this point, given the intransigence and contempt for consumers displayed by MBUSA, I think my next ride will have the propeller logo. We'll see how that goes...
Old 04-27-2008, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting for W204 Facelift
Originally Posted by wingless
This topic is some letters I wrote to MBUSA detailing the impediments they've erected against US consumers. The content includes requests for them to permit resumption of importation of the C-Coupe.

Not every motorist needs, or appreciates, the practicality afforded by a 2+2 hatchback coupe. For me, this is my stealth pickup truck. It is AMAZING how much stuff can be loaded into this format vehicle.

Of all the vehicle types, I've owned 'em all, except a convertible (I'm not attractive enough) and a pickup truck (they're not attractive enough). For me, the 2+2 hatchback coupe works best. It's not just the load / volume capacity, 90% of my miles are solo, so why carry extra volume / weight around? I've owned several 2+2 hatchback coupes and would like another for my next vehicle.

Visually, the body style is my favorite too.

The only ones in the US now are front-drive. While I appreciate the cost-savings from front-drive vehicles, I don't want to saddle myself with years of tolerating front-drive vehicle dynamics.

At this point, given the intransigence and contempt for consumers displayed by MBUSA, I think my next ride will have the propeller logo. We'll see how that goes...
http://www.channel4.com/4car/rt/mercedes/clc/21440/2

http://www.autocarmagazine.co.uk/Car...LC-350/232329/

1. this is good car for entry level of mercedes and IT MUST (market want 1 series A3 stand here ) but they have some design and commercial problems

2. Price : in EUROPE you can buy CLC (or SC) same price C sedan saloon .,,(and some model it pass them ) ( in state Would you buy a CLC with same price C300 / C350 ? )

3. new CLC should be different style not same sc (and CLC's rear is ugly )

4. and most important for me new CLC are buillt in Brazil . mine write under skin MADE IN GERMANY

and W203 coupe ( named CL203 SC ) has CHARACTER . I can not see CLC

Last edited by ismeto; 04-27-2008 at 08:43 AM.