C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

already ordered an e92.. but..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 BMW 335xi Coupe
already ordered an e92.. but..

hey everyone, i'm having a small dilemma.
I ordered a BMW 335i Coupe on March 3rd. My dealer said i'll take delivery end of april/beginning of may, which is all nice and wonderful... if it was true. It seems BMW has been having shortages with their new 335 twin-turbo engine and it looks like I won't be getting this new car until about July. This is something I really do not want to have to do...

So now I am starting to consider the new C-class.. which is why I waited so long before ordering the BMW (i'm a huge mercedes fan obviously, so i do have a bias). I was hoping to fall completely in love with the new C but I just thought it was ok next to the BMW. So I was hoping for some advice from everyone. If I were to go to dealer this weekend and put an order in for a new C350 Sport, around how long do you guys think it will take for me to take delivery? I know this all has to do with each persons taste, and one is a sedan the other is a coupe.. and i am expecting a BMW bashing lol. Anyway, the BMW came out to $52000.. I'm not sure if it's worth the switch and was looking for some advice. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:31 PM

C32
Originally Posted by kostas
I ordered a BMW 335i Coupe on March 3rd. My dealer said i'll take delivery end of april/beginning of may, which is all nice and wonderful... if it was true. It seems BMW has been having shortages with their new 335 twin-turbo engine and it looks like I won't be getting this new car until about July. This is something I really do not want to have to do...

So now I am starting to consider the new C-class.. which is why I waited so long before ordering the BMW (i'm a huge mercedes fan obviously, so i do have a bias). I was hoping to fall completely in love with the new C but I just thought it was ok next to the BMW. So I was hoping for some advice from everyone. If I were to go to dealer this weekend and put an order in for a new C350 Sport, around how long do you guys think it will take for me to take delivery? I know this all has to do with each persons taste, and one is a sedan the other is a coupe.. and i am expecting a BMW bashing lol. Anyway, the BMW came out to $52000.. I'm not sure if it's worth the switch and was looking for some advice. Thanks in advance.

IMHO, 52K for a non M 3 series is an abomination. I would also echo comparing the car to the 4 door instead since there's a 4 dr 335i.

The 335i however, is a better performer than the C350. It isn't a fair comparison, but needless to say the C350 ideally should get you southward of 50K.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:58 AM

2007 C280 Avantgarde
I say 335i coupe all the way... has crazy performance if you ask me. But then I guess I am biased too, but in the opposite direction... I don't really like the New C... I like the OLD C.... ever since I saw w204, I shaked my head and started to lean against BMW 3 Coupes E46 OR E92 would do for me
Old 03-29-2007, 02:45 AM

1993 190E 2.6
How about a 05-06 AMG? Cant go wrong there.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:33 PM

2008 BMW 335xi Coupe
yeah i took the C55 into consideration.. only reason I didnt jump for it is that I really wanted a new car rather than a used.. not to mention I think that a C55 will have been abused by its previous owner.. just like a used M3.. something I will probably look into this weekend when I head over to my local Mercedes dealer
Old 03-30-2007, 02:56 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I say stick with the E92 for now. If you really want a new W204 then wait till they announce the new engine with the 335 beating power. I'm sure you don't want to be like those that bought the E90 330i and only a year later a marginally more expensive 335i will totally blow them away.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:49 AM

Mercedes is gone physically, but still in my heart.
Originally Posted by kostas

52k also seems a bit high. A friend of mine picked one up with all options earlier this year for 46k out the door. Maybe look around and just see some other options, although either way, you're in great shape
Old 04-01-2007, 10:34 PM

1993 190E 2.6
Find an 06 AMG that certified from MB. Even if it was driven hard, you know it was taken to the dealer for any problems. Oil changes. and all that.

Keep in mind, driving an AMG hard, is like you breathing. You were made for it.