C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New C-Class to make US debut in NY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C300 4-Matic, P1 P2 MM iPod Kit
Great pics pmb, thanks!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:30 AM

08 C300 4-Matic, P1 P2 MM iPod Kit
Originally Posted by cracker123
Where is the three zone climate control ?
keyless go ?
parktronic ?
are adaptive breaks standard ?

did America get shafted on the options ?
I think MBUSA is very scared about the reliability perception of this 1st year car. Their ratings are already at the bottom and can't afford anymore bad press especially with this car.

It seems they are not giving us all the options this first year to cut down on complaints etc..Why no new engines?? They don't want to deal with something new on a new car etc, etc, etc... They are being VERY cautious...but I don't blame them.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 silver
This white one is pretty darn sweet..I think the twin spokes make it look much better than the others posted in the NJ thread.
Attached Thumbnails New C-Class to make US debut in NY-c-class.jpg  
Old 04-06-2007, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Chi-Benz
I think MBUSA is very scared about the reliability perception of this 1st year car. Their ratings are already at the bottom and can't afford anymore bad press especially with this car.

It seems they are not giving us all the options this first year to cut down on complaints etc..Why no new engines?? They don't want to deal with something new on a new car etc, etc, etc... They are being VERY cautious...but I don't blame them.
Thanks for the compliment on the pics. I hadn't thought of your reasoning, but now that you mention it, you are right they cannot afford to mess up the C-Class since it is such a high volume vehicle. I hope to see these options available in the near future, and I hope we don't have to wait until the mid-life update otherwise that's when I'm going to have to wait to buy it.

Also sort of related, I spoke with Mark Ramsey last night and I told him that there are a lot of enthusiasts that would like to see more options in American cars that they have in Europe and what can we do to let MBUSA know what we want to see. He just said to write/call and that they really do listen to that.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:02 PM
GPI
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 (sold), W204 (sold), W124
Originally Posted by 2301tom
Where is the rear third break light for US C Class ?
Here is the third brake light:
Old 04-07-2007, 09:56 PM

'08 C300 Sport White w/ P2 MM & Pano
Originally Posted by pmb600
Ok I have really bad news. I just got home a little while ago I was at the AMG Preview in the city and the C-Classes were on platforms and closed. So no interior pics at all. They unveiled the CL65 AMG and the CLK63 AMG Black Series AND let everyone sit in both of them, yet we can't sit in the C-Class.

EDIT: I will be posting lots of pics and videos from the night soon!
I was there, and I requested (begged) them to open it up- they did after a while and I must say, all the pictures do it no justice. The interior is GREAT, definitely better than I expected.
I would have taken pictures if my boyfriend hadn't left the camera at home lol.

If you do decide to go again, just ask them to open it up for you, and express your enthusiasm.
Also, if you bring your car key, you can go up to the VIP section for complimentary refreshments- only for Mercedes owners
Old 04-07-2007, 10:06 PM

2008 . RX 350.
I was there also , car looks good.
beter then i expected.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
I was on the fence about the W204 but after looking at countless pictures, I'm liking the C350SS, especially in white
Old 04-08-2007, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by atiqa
I was there, and I requested (begged) them to open it up- they did after a while and I must say, all the pictures do it no justice. The interior is GREAT, definitely better than I expected.
I would have taken pictures if my boyfriend hadn't left the camera at home lol.

If you do decide to go again, just ask them to open it up for you, and express your enthusiasm.
Also, if you bring your car key, you can go up to the VIP section for complimentary refreshments- only for Mercedes owners
I went back yesterday and they had the doors on the red one open on the platform. Did they actually let you get in the car? Or just look in?
Old 04-08-2007, 06:47 PM

I went back yesterday and they had the doors on the red one open on the platform. Did they actually let you get in the car? Or just look in?
Well, they said they weren't supposed to let anyone on the platform but I almost convinced one of the guys (I think his name is Scott) to let me on one day this week, not the weekend since it was so busy- I promised that I'd sign a contract saying that I wouldn't sue if I fell lol.
I really think that with a little bit of convincing, you should be able to get on that platform- on a slower day, maybe Tuesday afternoon?

If they don't let you on, ask them to open up the Sport, the black interior looks much nicer than the tan.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Well, they said they weren't supposed to let anyone on the platform but I almost convinced one of the guys (I think his name is Scott) to let me on one day this week, not the weekend since it was so busy- I promised that I'd sign a contract saying that I wouldn't sue if I fell lol.
I really think that with a little bit of convincing, you should be able to get on that platform- on a slower day, maybe Tuesday afternoon?

If they don't let you on, ask them to open up the Sport, the black interior looks much nicer than the tan.
Cool, yeah I was thinking they would be more flexible on a weekday. For the past few years they were extremely flexible with me, and they let me in several cars that were up on platforms even some that were spinning. The woman that helped me two years ago was there but she was a lot less friendly that she was when I first met her.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:31 PM

Cool, yeah I was thinking they would be more flexible on a weekday. For the past few years they were extremely flexible with me, and they let me in several cars that were up on platforms even some that were spinning. The woman that helped me two years ago was there but she was a lot less friendly that she was when I first met her.
Well, there were supposedly several incidents of vandalism of cars at the show- people were scratching the paint, slashing seats etc. They had all the cars on lockdown for a while for that reason. That also may be why they were being so strict with letting people in the cars.

A moronic few ruin it for the rest of us

Nevertheless, try a weekday! lol.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Well, there were supposedly several incidents of vandalism of cars at the show- people were scratching the paint, slashing seats etc. They had all the cars on lockdown for a while for that reason. That also may be why they were being so strict with letting people in the cars.

A moronic few ruin it for the rest of us

Nevertheless, try a weekday! lol.
Ugh, yeah. I know I have seen some bad stuff at the car show because I usually go on the Friday before it ends. I have seen door lock pins ripped out, a variety of broken interior parts and a missing hood emblem. It will never cease to amaze me the disrespect and primitive way that people treat other people's stuff.

Thanks for the tip though...I will see if I can get there on a weekday. Unfortunately this week is pretty packed for me, my only day off from work or school is a day I have an interview scheduled for a summer internship.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:16 PM

Ugh, yeah. I know I have seen some bad stuff at the car show because I usually go on the Friday before it ends. I have seen door lock pins ripped out, a variety of broken interior parts and a missing hood emblem. It will never cease to amaze me the disrespect and primitive way that people treat other people's stuff.

Thanks for the tip though...I will see if I can get there on a weekday. Unfortunately this week is pretty packed for me, my only day off from work or school is a day I have an interview scheduled for a summer internship.
Aw, well, that stinks.
I guess you'll just have to take my word for it - it looks great!
Old 04-10-2007, 11:07 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Us Equipment Package Prices

Originally Posted by 2301tom
This is the option lists for US W204

The 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Standard Equipment:

* 3.0-liter, 228 hp V6 Engine (C300)
* 3.5-liter, 268 hp V6 Engine (C350)
* Six-speed Manual Transmission (C300 Sport only)
* Seven-Speed Automatic Transmission (C300 Luxury and C350 models)
* 17-inch Alloy Wheels with All-Season Tires
* Four-Wheel Disc Brakes
* ABS Anti-Lock Brakes
* ESP Stability Control
* Brake Assist
* Integrated Fog Lights

* Adaptive Front Air Bags
* Curtain Air Bags
* Side Air Bags
* Three-Point Inertia-Reel Seat Belts
* Electronic Belt Tensioners
* Belt Force Limiters
* Active Front Head Restraints

* Power Sunroof
* Eight-Way Power Front Seats with Lumbar Support
* Power Windows
* Central Door Locks
* Eight-Speaker Audio 20 Radio/CD/MP3 Sound System
* Two-Zone Automatic Climate Control
* 12-Button Multi-Function Steering Wheel
* Electronic Controller
* Bluetooth Connectivity

Sport Models: Additional Standard Equipment

* Sport Suspension
* Sport Grille
* AMG Cladding (side skirts, front and rear aprons)
AMG Trunk Lid Spoiler (C350 only)

P1 Option Package

* Sirius Satellite Radio
* Heated Front Seats
* Auto-dimming Mirrors
* Garage Door Opener
* Rain Sensor
* Power folding mirrors

P2 Option Package

* Includes equipment from P1 Package plus:

* Bi-Xenon headlamps with corner-illuminating fog lights
* Heated headlamp washers
* Split Folding Rear Seat
* Power Rear window Sunshade

Multimedia Package

* COMAND Navigation
* Six-Disc in-dash CD/DVD Changer
* Harman/Kardon LOGIC7 Surround Sound
* Linguatronic Voice Control
* PCMCIA slot

Other Options (Available Separately)

* 4MATIC All-Wheel Drive (C300 Sport and Luxury models only.)
* Leather Upholstery
* Metallic Paint
* Panorama Sunroof
* Six-Disc CD Changer
* Tele Aid
* 18-inch AMG Wheels (RWD Sport Sedans only)
* Seven-Speed Automatic Transmission (C300 Sport RWD only)

I obtained these prices today from my MB salesman who looked them up in the internal MBUSA website. There is NO link available. I have edited the package contents above to agree with the MBUSA package contents.

But first.....

Since I will be buying the underpowered Luxury version, I am going to use the outgoing C280 price ($33400) and add 5% for the '08 figure. Pure guesswork on my part because base prices are not yet available.

Shipping charge is $700

These numbers are from the C300W (MY 08) price chart. NOT C350 Sport.

Colors: There are eleven exterior colors and three interior colors in Tex or Leather. Any color exterior can be matched with any color interior which is something new for MB. About time, I'd say.

Black
Grey/Black
Savanna/Cashmere Beige

Leather charge is $1550

Sand Beige Metallic C300 Luxury sedan only
Savanna/Cashmere interior C300 Luxury only
Mars Red C300 Sport only

The new metallic red shown on the MB Germany website, Carneol Red, is not listed on the color sheet but rather the old metallic red, Barolo Red. I am very disappointed about this MBUSA decision.

Metallic paint is $710 extra.

Multimedia Package $2700

P1 Premium Package I $1400

P2 Premium Package II (includes P1 package) $2750

TeleAid $830

Panorama sunroof $1000

AMG 5 twin-spoke Aluminum wheels $1000

I'm guessing this is the 18" wheel since 17" is standard. The 18" wheel can be seen on the MB Germany website car configurator. It is vastly more attractive than the 17" wheels (245/40-17 tires), either stock or AMG. I will order the 18s but don't know the tire size. I am concerned that the tire profile will be so low that the ride will be affected and wheel or tire damage will be possible when hitting a chuckhole or some such. M3 drivers are well aware of this problem.

There are a few other items with no prices so I omitted them. The rear trunk drawer, for example.

Using an estimated base price of $35070 for my C300 Luxury Sedan:

Freight $700
Metallic paint $710
Leather interior $1550
Multimedia package $2700
P2 Package $2750
18" AMG wheels $1000

Total $44530

So, now we wait.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by RLE

I obtained these prices today from my MB salesman who looked them up in the internal MBUSA website. There is NO link available. I have edited the package contents above to agree with the MBUSA package contents.

But first.....

Since I will be buying the underpowered Luxury version, I am going to use the outgoing C280 price ($33400) and add 5% for the '08 figure. Pure guesswork on my part because base prices are not yet available.

Shipping charge is $700

Colors: There are eleven exterior colors and three interior colors in Tex or Leather. Any color exterior can be matched with any color interior which is something new for MB. About time, I'd say.

Black
Grey/Black
Savanna/Cashmere Beige

Leather charge is $1550

Mars Red C300 Sport only

The new metallic red shown on the MB Germany website, Carneol Red, is not listed on the color sheet but rather the old metallic red, Barolo Red. I am very disappointed about this MBUSA decision.

Multimedia Package $2700

TeleAid $830

Panorama sunroof $1000

I'm guessing this is the 18" wheel since 17" is standard. The 18" wheel can be seen on the MB Germany website car configurator. It is vastly more attractive than the 17" wheels (245/40-17 tires), either stock or AMG. I will order the 18s but don't know the tire size. I am concerned that the tire profile will be so low that the ride will be affected and wheel or tire damage will be possible when hitting a chuckhole or some such. M3 drivers are well aware of this problem.

There are a few other items with no prices so I omitted them. The rear trunk drawer, for example.

Freight $700
Metallic paint $710
Leather interior $1550
Multimedia package $2700
P2 Package $2750
18" AMG wheels $1000

Total $44530

So, now we wait.
Great info. I got a call from the dealer yesterday saying that he had all the info in his computer so I went over and took a look. The prices for the packages actually seem really reasonable. Just one thing I noticed, when he was punching in all of my choices in NetStar, there was the choice of Saddle MB Tex, I assume this was a mistake, but I got excited thinking that there might be a brown interior color available like in the E-Class sport. There are some great pictures on Auto Spies which show that the European markets will get the two-tone sport interiors like on the E-Class, I assume we will not be as lucky. He was also really disappointed that Keyless Go will not be available.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Something else I noticed is that in our luxury models the leather will not have the vertical ridges like the current C-Class luxury. In pictures of the European Elegance version (sort of equivalent) to our luxury model they have this.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by RLE

But first.....

Shipping charge is $700

Black
Grey/Black
Savanna/Cashmere Beige

Leather charge is $1550

Mars Red C300 Sport only

Multimedia Package $2700

TeleAid $830

Panorama sunroof $1000

Freight $700
Metallic paint $710
Leather interior $1550
Multimedia package $2700
P2 Package $2750
18" AMG wheels $1000

Total $44530

So, now we wait.

Are these options prices set in stone? My MB Salesman seems to be the last one to get the information, it's really frusterating!
BTW, I was told that there would be a 3% price increase from the W203, not 5%.

I ordered :
C300 Sport
4Matic
P2 Premium Package
Multimedia Package
Panorama Sunroof

I ordered it in white, so I don't have the metallic paint charge. Also I am most likely doing European Delivery so I don't think I'll have the Delivery Fee, plus I'll be saving up to 7%.

I've heard that the C300 4Matic is probably close in pricing to the C350. I'm still debating whether I should get the C350, and deal with getting stuck in the snow a couple of times.
I've had horrible experiences with the snow in my C230KSS so that's the only reason I am considering the less powerful C300 4Matic.

Opinions on the matter are welcome!
Old 04-11-2007, 12:02 PM
GPI
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 (sold), W204 (sold), W124
I was wondering if you do European Delivery, will you be able to get the options that are available in Europe and not in the U.S? (Keyless Go, two-tone interior etc.)
Old 04-11-2007, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Are these options prices set in stone? My MB Salesman seems to be the last one to get the information, it's really frusterating!
BTW, I was told that there would be a 3% price increase from the W203, not 5%.

I ordered :
C300 Sport
4Matic
P2 Premium Package
Multimedia Package
Panorama Sunroof

I ordered it in white, so I don't have the metallic paint charge. Also I am most likely doing European Delivery so I don't think I'll have the Delivery Fee, plus I'll be saving up to 7%.

I've heard that the C300 4Matic is probably close in pricing to the C350. I'm still debating whether I should get the C350, and deal with getting stuck in the snow a couple of times.
I've had horrible experiences with the snow in my C230KSS so that's the only reason I am considering the less powerful C300 4Matic.

Opinions on the matter are welcome!
Congrats! Sounds like an awesome car and nicely loaded. Keep us updated.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
I went to the Auto Show today one last time...I know I'm insane...but they still would not let me sit in the C-Class. I got into every luxury/exotic booth at the show (Lambo, Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley, Aston, and even the S8 with Bang & Olufsen sound) but yet they will not let me sit in the C350. They insisted that there was no way they could let me in but the woman did go over to the sport sedan so I at least got to look inside. She opened the doors while I stood behind the glass, which was close so I got a good look--the car is BEAUTIFUL. I feel bad for saying everything bad I did. The interior was great. Of course the C350 does come with the Black wood which makes it look nicer (the C300 sport comes with alumninum, the luxury with burl walnut). Anyway the car is beautiful, awesome, and I want one now haha. I asked her to push the button so I could see the new COMAND system pop out and she said no, and then tried to say that there was no battery in the car. I wanted to say if there is no battery in the car then why did the remote work and why did the dash light up when you opened the door you stupid c***.

It's so pretty!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:08 AM

I went to the Auto Show today one last time...I know I'm insane...but they still would not let me sit in the C-Class. I got into every luxury/exotic booth at the show (Lambo, Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley, Aston, and even the S8 with Bang & Olufsen sound) but yet they will not let me sit in the C350. They insisted that there was no way they could let me in but the woman did go over to the sport sedan so I at least got to look inside. She opened the doors while I stood behind the glass, which was close so I got a good look--the car is BEAUTIFUL. I feel bad for saying everything bad I did. The interior was great. Of course the C350 does come with the Black wood which makes it look nicer (the C300 sport comes with alumninum, the luxury with burl walnut). Anyway the car is beautiful, awesome, and I want one now haha. I asked her to push the button so I could see the new COMAND system pop out and she said no, and then tried to say that there was no battery in the car. I wanted to say if there is no battery in the car then why did the remote work and why did the dash light up when you opened the door you stupid c***.

It's so pretty!!!
lmao that's hilarious!
I hope you agree that the pictures do it no justice!
After seeing it in person, I'm almost obsessed with this car. I cannot wait until the delivery date! It's less than 4 months away!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
lmao that's hilarious!
I hope you agree that the pictures do it no justice!
After seeing it in person, I'm almost obsessed with this car. I cannot wait until the delivery date! It's less than 4 months away!
I know I love it now. But I will probably wait because I want them to offer a C350 Sport 4Matic. More importantly though, I have to see what I'm doing after graduation next year. If I move in the NYC I will sell my current Benz and have no car.

Btw, welcome to MBWorld atiqa!

Last edited by pmb600; 04-13-2007 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:11 AM

I know I love it now. But I will probably wait because I want them to offer a C350 Sport 4Matic. More importantly though, I have to see what I'm doing after graduation next year. If I move in the NYC I will sell my current Benz and have no car.

Btw, welcome to MBWorld atiqa!
Thanks!
I'm in a similar situation- I've had my current car for 2 years, but it was worth every minute. I have 2 years until I leave NY for Medical School so I figured I'd get the '08 for those 2 years at least.
And I'm very impatient so I'll deal with the choices they're offering now, lol.