C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

W204's driven by salespeople

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 C 350 2014 GLK350
W204's driven by salespeople

All the cars including competitor's models driven by salespeople
Attached Thumbnails W204's driven by salespeople-dsc05368.jpg   W204's driven by salespeople-dsc05366.jpg   W204's driven by salespeople-dsc05374.jpg   W204's driven by salespeople-dsc05370.jpg   W204's driven by salespeople-dsc05371.jpg  

Old 07-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
I saw one yesterday in Irving, TX. It had manufacturer plates. They're here.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:48 AM

MB / BMW
Originally Posted by MB-JIM
That is at the C-Class Training Seminar reserved for MB employees. My seminar is on Monday at Somerset, NJ.

Last edited by Ghetto2315; 07-14-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315
That is at the C-Class Training Seminar reserved for MB employees. My seminar is on Monday at Somerset, NJ.
How about some photos or videos?
Old 07-14-2007, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by MB-JIM
The *******! You can't toss in a bloody Acura TL in a queue of RWD cars...

I say those who clients who are comparing between an Acura TL and a Mercedes C-Class are by far too unsophisticated to be considered worthy for Mercedes-Benz ownership.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Damn its in Somerset, my dads main office is there. Can I sneak in haha.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
I'm actually kind of disappointed with the first picture. Something about the C doesn't make me look like it (and I LOVE the W204). I think it's the high front end (thanks a lot EU) and it doesn't look as sleek and low as the others.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:51 PM

MB / BMW
The seminar was fun and we did a total of 80 miles in all of the cars.

1.) Two (2) C300 Sports
2.) BMW 328i
3.) Acura TL
4.) Infiniti G35
5.) Lexus IS250

Sorry, I did not take any pictures or videos. I did not want to push the limits of what they let me do and didnt. The event was well thought out and planned. The seminar was not just about the new C-Class, but what Mercedes-Benz calls, "CustomerOne". Our dedication to customer satisfaction for us Mercedes-Benz employees.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
still have to see it in person but i'm glad i got my W203 for now
Old 07-20-2007, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
The seminar was fun and we did a total of 80 miles in all of the cars.

1.) Two (2) C300 Sports
2.) BMW 328i
3.) Acura TL
4.) Infiniti G35
5.) Lexus IS250

Sorry, I did not take any pictures or videos. I did not want to push the limits of what they let me do and didnt. The event was well thought out and planned. The seminar was not just about the new C-Class, but what Mercedes-Benz calls, "CustomerOne". Our dedication to customer satisfaction for us Mercedes-Benz employees.
Glad the event went well. I assume you work in a dealership here in NJ? Are you sales or service?

I am glad that they are focusing more on customer sat., as I think many Mercedes dealership employees I have encountered could use a lot of CustomerOne!
Old 07-20-2007, 01:32 PM

C32
Originally Posted by pmb600
Glad the event went well. I assume you work in a dealership here in NJ? Are you sales or service?

I am glad that they are focusing more on customer sat., as I think many Mercedes dealership employees I have encountered could use a lot of CustomerOne!
Wow, I had no idea that customer service is priority #1 for MB until now.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E53
Originally Posted by ultraseven
Wow, I had no idea that customer service is priority #1 for MB until now.
lol.. training and everyday life is often a "little" off.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:41 PM

MB / BMW
I can't speak for other dealers, but that is why my dealership is #1 in the East and #2 in the country in terms of sales and service... and its ALWAYS been our focus on customer service that has led us to be in our position today.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
I can't speak for other dealers, but that is why my dealership is #1 in the East and #2 in the country in terms of sales and service... and its ALWAYS been our focus on customer service that has led us to be in our position today.
Coming from a guy who has the word "ghetto" in his screen name, you'll have to pardon me for being a bit skeptical.

The real problem here is some people have lower standards for what is considered "good service."

Of course you're entitled to your opinion.

And naturally, I'm entitled to mine.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:35 PM

MB / BMW
Originally Posted by patrick_y
Coming from a guy who has the word "ghetto" in his screen name, you'll have to pardon me for being a bit skeptical.

The real problem here is some people have lower standards for what is considered "good service."

Of course you're entitled to your opinion.

And naturally, I'm entitled to mine.

Be skeptical all you want... its your attitude that we try to stay away from because its just a form of judging a person without knowing who they truly are. We call it pre-screening, and it is a horrible thing to do to a person as they walk through the doors of any dealership for that matter.

Just because they look or dress unacceptable and they seem like they will never buy, you should never pre-screen anybody. You're telling me you are going to pay less attention and be skeptical of their intentions to buy if, let's say, they walked in with a gold necklace and the gold charm said "Ghetto"?

Please drop by our dealership if you're ever in the area... I can assure you that you'll be treated better than what you have in your opinion of other dealerships. It's no wonder why we won, "The Best of the Best" award
Old 07-20-2007, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Geeze whats with all the snotty comments from everyone? This guy obviously works for Ray Catena since they are number one in the east and top five in the country. Catena's dealerships really are amazing, the difference between his people and every other MB dealer is incredible. I dont know what ghetto2351 or whatever the name is personal situation is, but his profile says he lives in Rumson which is the furthest thing from ghetto.

Last edited by pmb600; 07-20-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:54 PM

MB / BMW
Geeze whats with all the snotty comments from everyone? This guy obviously works for Ray Catena since they are number one in the east and top five in the country. Catena's dealerships really are amazing, the difference between his people and every other MB dealer is incredible. I dont know what ghetto2351 or whatever the name is personal situation is, but his profile says he lives in Rumson which is the furthest thing from ghetto.
Thank you for the compliments. I'm not here to brag or self-promote where I work, but more or less just trying to speak the truth because I stand proud of our service and commitment to our customers.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Be skeptical all you want... its your attitude that we try to stay away from because its just a form of judging a person without knowing who they truly are. We call it pre-screening, and it is a horrible thing to do to a person as they walk through the doors of any dealership for that matter.

Just because they look or dress unacceptable and they seem like they will never buy, you should never pre-screen anybody. You're telling me you are going to pay less attention and be skeptical of their intentions to buy if, let's say, they walked in with a gold necklace and the gold charm said "Ghetto"?

Please drop by our dealership if you're ever in the area... I can assure you that you'll be treated better than what you have in your opinion of other dealerships. It's no wonder why we won, "The Best of the Best" award
Residing in Silicon Valley, I'm very accustomed to seeing the unsophisticated, torn trouser wearing, neavou riche millionaire who made a pretty penny from his/her Google stock options. Thus, I'm not judging per say based on such a stereotype.

It's one thing to be looking at a client with the word "ghetto" written on them. As an agent of the dealership, it is one's job to attend to this person, a dastardly deed indeed.

However, the dealership would not permit its own employees to be wearing an article with "ghetto" inscribed because it would reflect poorly upon the dealership.

Lastly, I don't care that a dealership's clients think their dealership is fantastic and have rated it among the highest in the country. Some individuals have greater expectations than average and are aware of this.

The dealership that attends my vehicles is also award-winning; although I feel that they are far from ideal and even further from perfect. Thus, I put no stock in this award from Mercedes-Benz.

I'm sure that you're very good at your job. But don't think for a moment that you can comprehend what some of your will clients expect. There will always be demanding clients from sophisticated backgrounds who do not tolerate inefficiencies.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:05 PM

'06 SS
"Demanding clients from sophisticated backgrounds that will not tolerate inefficiencies."

Sounds a lot like an overly PC way to say; "Privileged rich people who think that the world revolves around them, and have no understanding that once in a while errors due occur, no matter how much money you have."

I can understand that when your are spending MB amounts of money, you have the ability to expect superior service. I would argue that spending ANY amount of money on my part is only done where I feel that I receive good service. But I don't give a damn what someone's background is, it does not change the fact that the real world has fault.

But hey, that's just the perspective of a guy who spent Friday dealing with someone who was not satisfied with 48% growth on an investment in A QUARTER, while my direct competitors showed losses of -8%, -16%, and -27% over the same time period.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by patrick_y
Residing in Silicon Valley, I'm very accustomed to seeing the unsophisticated, torn trouser wearing, neavou riche millionaire who made a pretty penny from his/her Google stock options. Thus, I'm not judging per say based on such a stereotype.

It's one thing to be looking at a client with the word "ghetto" written on them. As an agent of the dealership, it is one's job to attend to this person, a dastardly deed indeed.

However, the dealership would not permit its own employees to be wearing an article with "ghetto" inscribed because it would reflect poorly upon the dealership.

Lastly, I don't care that a dealership's clients think their dealership is fantastic and have rated it among the highest in the country. Some individuals have greater expectations than average and are aware of this.

The dealership that attends my vehicles is also award-winning; although I feel that they are far from ideal and even further from perfect. Thus, I put no stock in this award from Mercedes-Benz.

I'm sure that you're very good at your job. But don't think for a moment that you can comprehend what some of your will clients expect. There will always be demanding clients from sophisticated backgrounds who do not tolerate inefficiencies.
patrick, i don't understand what you're getting at because its not like he stated the dealership he works for, he merely inferred it--i was the one who pointed out the actuall name so its not like he was trying to represent his dealership with the name ghetto.

I am one that usually doesn't take stock in ratings either, I mean if I did, I wouldn't even purchase a Mercedes...but I can assure you, the ones Catena has earned are well deserved.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
patrick, i don't understand what you're getting at because its not like he stated the dealership he works for, he merely inferred it--i was the one who pointed out the actuall name so its not like he was trying to represent his dealership with the name ghetto.

I am one that usually doesn't take stock in ratings either, I mean if I did, I wouldn't even purchase a Mercedes...but I can assure you, the ones Catena has earned are well deserved.
This was my initial logical thought process...

Perhaps it's just my opinion, but a person who likes the word "ghetto" enough to put it in his callsign is probably overly proud that they come from the bad side of town (or overly proud that they associate themselves with the bad side of town). The people who lived and grew up in the bad side of town (or wish they had grown up there) are not usually the first people who can understand what good customer service is.

If you can't understand what good customer service is, then you cannot possibly provide it. If you didn't understand what good customer service was, yet someone said you provided good customer service, then you met a person who's easily satisfied.
That was my logical rationing initially. It makes sense to me. I'm not questioning the dealership.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by Stormin
"Demanding clients from sophisticated backgrounds that will not tolerate inefficiencies."

Sounds a lot like an overly PC way to say; "Privileged rich people who think that the world revolves around them, and have no understanding that once in a while errors due occur, no matter how much money you have."

I can understand that when your are spending MB amounts of money, you have the ability to expect superior service. I would argue that spending ANY amount of money on my part is only done where I feel that I receive good service. But I don't give a damn what someone's background is, it does not change the fact that the real world has fault.

But hey, that's just the perspective of a guy who spent Friday dealing with someone who was not satisfied with 48% growth on an investment in A QUARTER, while my direct competitors showed losses of -8%, -16%, and -27% over the same time period.
I think you're on track with your interpretation.

Put it this way though. Say you were a privileged person and you have to go in to acquire a motorcar. You are accustomed to a certain level of service, one that values your time and effort most highly. People who sell products that cater to these levels of people aren't always capable of fathoming this because they do not experience it themselves.

The real world has fault. Lots of them. It's just that some people expect to be insulated from those faults because they pay more money for a product that insulates them from faults.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:14 PM

'06 SS
People like that have someone meet them at the Maybach room of their local MB dealership.

They aren't picking up a C-Class unless they are punishing their kid and taking away their SL55 AMG...
Old 07-24-2007, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by Stormin
People like that have someone meet them at the Maybach room of their local MB dealership.

They aren't picking up a C-Class unless they are punishing their kid and taking away their SL55 AMG...
I've been in the Maybach room of one dealership in my local area, it's not that impressive; rest assured, you're not missing anything.

I'm fairly young myself and my C230 was my first car, I don't really consider it a punishment. I was even able to specify the colour and options just to my liking. Wouldn't consider this a punishment.

Had a lot of nice cars in my high-school parking lot (parents promised new cars for their children who got good SAT scores), but never saw a new SL 55 AMG. At least not a new one; a young lady drove an older body style SL 600 remaindered from her parent's fleet.

From what I heard, Los Gatos High School, a high school that had a better football team than we had (but a worse off debate team) had a student with his own brand new Lamborghini there. I've only heard, never confirmed that with a student at Los Gatos.