C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Well, the test drive didn't help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SS Brillant Silver
Well, the test drive didn't help.

I just can't seem dumping my '05 C230 for this. I'm disappointed...

+ & - from solely my prospective.

+ Cleaned up the dash. Really like the pop up screen.
+ Seems roomier than mine, bigger trunk too
+ like the door lock controls back on the door.
+ fully power passenger seat

- no pushbutton start
- I know its been mentioned, but damn can a get a memory seat option? Thats is truly sad for vehicle in this class not to offer that.
- Too much hard plastic in the interior. Waaay cheapens the look of the vehicle. I like the leatherette inserts on mine.
- Steering seems less sporty and bigger
- While bigger engine than mine, was not at all impressed with its power

I like to get the best bang for my buck in every situation. I went then and test drove a Infiniti G35 & used M35 that I could get for roughly the same price. I'd get more features with those plus 300hp which almost makes it a no brainer. I told the salesman that I'd have to see one with the panoroof and drive a 350, but even then, the pricing wouldn't be competitive enough. While I'm sure this as the case in '04 when I bought mine....but it was more the exterior styling that drove me to make that buy. The exterior styling on this one just doesn't have that draw to me. I'm use to driving with the upright MB symbol. Helps me gauge the nose of the vehicle. Even still I can see the edge. I couldn't in this thing no matter where I put the seat, seems all I could was 1/2 to 3/4 of way up...felt like the windshield was right up on me...and odd experience.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by jan ken po
I just can't seem dumping my '05 C230 for this. I'm disappointed...

+ & - from solely my prospective.

+ Cleaned up the dash. Really like the pop up screen.
+ Seems roomier than mine, bigger trunk too
+ like the door lock controls back on the door.
+ fully power passenger seat

- no pushbutton start
- I know its been mentioned, but damn can a get a memory seat option? Thats is truly sad for vehicle in this class not to offer that.
- Too much hard plastic in the interior. Waaay cheapens the look of the vehicle. I like the leatherette inserts on mine.
- Steering seems less sporty and bigger
- While bigger engine than mine, was not at all impressed with its power

I like to get the best bang for my buck in every situation. I went then and test drove a Infiniti G35 & used M35 that I could get for roughly the same price. I'd get more features with those plus 300hp which almost makes it a no brainer. I told the salesman that I'd have to see one with the panoroof and drive a 350, but even then, the pricing wouldn't be competitive enough. While I'm sure this as the case in '04 when I bought mine....but it was more the exterior styling that drove me to make that buy. The exterior styling on this one just doesn't have that draw to me. I'm use to driving with the upright MB symbol. Helps me gauge the nose of the vehicle. Even still I can see the edge. I couldn't in this thing no matter where I put the seat, seems all I could was 1/2 to 3/4 of way up...felt like the windshield was right up on me...and odd experience.
I think this is a fair assessment.

What are your thoughts about the current BMW 328i Coupe (specifically the coupe, not the sedan). If you haven't seen one in person yet, I strongly encourage you to do so.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SS Brillant Silver
I'm not a big fan of the 3 or 5 series BMWs, I like the 7s & X5s but toth of those are out of my price range. Having said all of that, Im kinda diggin what I've seen of the new 3 series coupe. But it won't go any fiurther than that because I need a sedan and not a coupe.