C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Just test drove the C300!!! Impressions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ML500
Just test drove the C300!!! Impressions...

Well, my previous MB's include 2 CL's (a 500 and 600 2003) and a 2003 S55. After maintenance nightmares, I stayed away from MB products for a while. The word is the new C class has years of development in it as MB NEEDS A RELIABLE BULLETPROOF car desperately! Let's hope this one turns out that way.

On to the drive..

I'm 6'7" tall and did not expect to fit in the new C. I actually did and I was comfortable. Not only did the seat go way back, but the steering wheel telescoped aft very far which is a great thing for me. This car had the multi-media option. Pretty cool, although I kinda wish the screen didn't have to pop out of the dash. More motors to break in the future?

The car was very light on its' feet and almost overresponsive to steering inputs. Brakes felt ok. My complaint is the power. It felt like I always had to keep my foot in it to go anywhere. If I floored it, I went ok, but I would definetly go for the 350 as the 300 felt anemic. Paddle shifters would've been nice. I think that is a pretty big oversight by MB since the Lexus and Infiniti has them. Also for the price..where is the keyless go type system?

The car had the 18" wheels. They look nice but not sure if they are worth the price. The car looked sharp overall. The front grill seems out of place. The star is bigger than a frisbee! I'm sure aftermarket grills will fix this. The rear looked a bit boring, but at least it flowed more smoothly than the front.

I think I'll drive a C350 in black, with multimedia package, and maybe the wheels. Should put it in the $43k range with MSRP, shipping fee, taxes, and dealer fee. The dealer said they are back-ordered and will not discount the car. That is a big pill to swallow for a little car. I'll see how I feel after driving the C350.

Will talk to the wife about getting one. Wish me luck..haha
Old 07-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Almost a Member!

00' 330i
Originally Posted by red00lght
Well, my previous MB's include 2 CL's (a 500 and 600 2003) and a 2003 S55. After maintenance nightmares, I stayed away from MB products for a while. The word is the new C class has years of development in it as MB NEEDS A RELIABLE BULLETPROOF car desperately! Let's hope this one turns out that way.

On to the drive..

I'm 6'7" tall and did not expect to fit in the new C. I actually did and I was comfortable. Not only did the seat go way back, but the steering wheel telescoped aft very far which is a great thing for me. This car had the multi-media option. Pretty cool, although I kinda wish the screen didn't have to pop out of the dash. More motors to break in the future?

The car was very light on its' feet and almost overresponsive to steering inputs. Brakes felt ok. My complaint is the power. It felt like I always had to keep my foot in it to go anywhere. If I floored it, I went ok, but I would definetly go for the 350 as the 300 felt anemic. Paddle shifters would've been nice. I think that is a pretty big oversight by MB since the Lexus and Infiniti has them. Also for the price..where is the keyless go type system?

The car had the 18" wheels. They look nice but not sure if they are worth the price. The car looked sharp overall. The front grill seems out of place. The star is bigger than a frisbee! I'm sure aftermarket grills will fix this. The rear looked a bit boring, but at least it flowed more smoothly than the front.

I think I'll drive a C350 in black, with multimedia package, and maybe the wheels. Should put it in the $43k range with MSRP, shipping fee, taxes, and dealer fee. The dealer said they are back-ordered and will not discount the car. That is a big pill to swallow for a little car. I'll see how I feel after driving the C350.

Will talk to the wife about getting one. Wish me luck..haha
That's nice to hear about the legroom because that was a concern for me since I'm 6'9.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:55 PM

2006 ML500
6'9" may be getting a bit tight, but the BIG advantage the new C has is that the steering wheel comes back really far so you can recline the seat quite a ways and have enough headroom even with the sunroof. Legroom was good, and the center console didn't jut out into my leg (they usually hit my knee/shin area) so that was a big plus.

I have a horrible time finding a car I can fit in and drive comfortably, but sometimes the smaller cars are actually a better fit than the bigger ones.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:02 PM

'06 SS
I think that the lack of paddle shifters is the biggest loss in the new C (and I'll never buy one with an automatic anyways). I do believe that MB will wise up and put them in within a couple years as part of a few possible changes.

That said, I am not upset about the lack of keyless go. I know that the option can be remarkably convenient, but I feel that the car offers enough luxury and comfort that I don't miss it now and wouldn't in the future.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Stormin
I think that the lack of paddle shifters is the biggest loss in the new C (and I'll never buy one with an automatic anyways). I do believe that MB will wise up and put them in within a couple years as part of a few possible changes.

That said, I am not upset about the lack of keyless go. I know that the option can be remarkably convenient, but I feel that the car offers enough luxury and comfort that I don't miss it now and wouldn't in the future.
Hi,

I am getting my 320 CDI auto in August with Avdvanced agility which includes paddle shifts (South Africa)

fuzzzzy