C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Realistically Spending -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'16 528i MSport
Realistically Spending -

So I built it and came out to MSRP 41K (P2, Multimedia Package, 18" AMG Double Spoke Wheels). WHat am I realistically looking to pay here on a new model? I mean I was able to get 500 over invoice on a brand new S550 and that was 1-2 weeks into its release.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by DaCeptak0n
So I built it and came out to MSRP 41K (P2, Multimedia Package, 18" AMG Double Spoke Wheels). WHat am I realistically looking to pay here on a new model? I mean I was able to get 500 over invoice on a brand new S550 and that was 1-2 weeks into its release.
Wow thats pretty good getting 500 over invoice, any tips for a poor college student? I am planning to get one sometimes soon but everybody told me to just pay MSRP and theres no point negotiating.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:51 PM

'16 528i MSport
It's never good to walkin' in expecting to pay MSRP, especially for a "poor college student." I negotiated the S550 to that low because I held my ground but we didnt end up getting that due to my calamity with the MDX, forcing us to get a GL450. I even got the GL450 at $500 over invoice (it's fully loaded) and the S550 was loaded with AMG & P2 package as well.

It'll take some time sitting in front of the salesman/woman to get this accomplished but screw it, I can careless about the salesman's time.

But anyways, I expect to walk in and pay $500-$1000 over invoice. I figure there's no way they can be that bad when I was getting that deal on a 96K MSRP'd S550. In reality, anything more and I'll walk. I have an 06 G35 Coupe so I'm technically not in dire straits.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:55 AM

Thanks man! So I guess just tell them that I am in no rush in getting a car and stand firm..will they tell you what the invoice price is tho? If not, would you happen to know what it is on a C300 Sport? Sorry for all the bother.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:51 AM

'16 528i MSport
They won't tell you the invoice price. Matter of fact, they will be working from the MSRP down but the key is to work from the invoice and up or stay at invoice +$500. THE KEY IS FOR YOU TO KNOW THE INVOICE BUT NEVER MENTION THE ACTUAL PRICE AND SAY 500 over invoice. HE'll THEN BUST OUR A FLYER WITH THE DIGITS and you'll verify that is the invoice figure and we're working from that. More or less, that's usually my first offer and I let them ruminate about it for a day or so and they usually call me back in. Be ready to walk and show that you will walk. With my salesman and the relationship I've built with him and Ray Catena dealership's manager overall, they don't let us walk away.

When we've gone to that dealership and have spoken with these two, we walk out with a deal closed. I'm hoping for the same in this matter and I can't drop that practice because it's a new shape and they think it's the hottest thing to hit the automotive world. Dot get me wrong, I love the design and the car itself but if the salesman knows anything about you from prior experiences, he already knows what you want. If he does and thinks it won't work out, he wouldn't even tell ya to come in and sit down, at least my guy does that.