MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   W204 Owners - Post how much you paid for it (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/206967-w204-owners-post-how-much-you-paid.html)

ndabunka 12-18-2007 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by tanktube67 (Post 2547241)
$2000.00 below dealer invoice:confused: the dealer after getting there 3% from MB still losing about $800.00 :confused:

I think he meant $2K off MRSP. The only ones I know that get "It at cost" are friends and family at most dealerships. By Cost I mean Invoice less the dealer holdback. As the guy above ^^^ pointed out, nobody is going to LOSS money on ANY car no matter HOW many you may have bought from him in the past. It's not like he's gonna make it up in volume... I call BS on the original claim. :bs:

badassgoat 12-18-2007 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by ndabunka (Post 2557908)
Maybe he traded in a car worth more than $37,000 in which case his taxes are nada, zip, zilch, etc. Or he could well live in a state where there are no sales taxes so maybe all he got was the $1,300 off. If he did get "around"$1,300 off, it's an OK deal, not a GREAT deal. I've heard of others getting $1,800 off.

It seems that so many on here think that their high tax rate applies to everyone when in fact, it often does not.

noep traded ina car that was 18000 and got around oh wait no just realized that i put 1000 down on the car to order
so that puts me around 38 115.... not bad... i guess but it puts me at more real of anumbe rin yoru guys eyes i think

supernsx 12-19-2007 04:20 PM

Just got C sport for $1200 under MSRP (price is not great) but the dealer throws in the free maintenance for 4yrs/50K miles.

So, I think my deal comes out ok. :zoom:

pmb600 12-19-2007 06:58 PM

So you got a C-Class for $1200 off AND free maintenance? That is an excellent deal. I've never heard of a dealer negotiating maintenance like that. What exactly are they including.

Stiggs 12-19-2007 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by pmb600 (Post 2559379)
So you got a C-Class for $1200 off AND free maintenance? That is an excellent deal. I've never heard of a dealer negotiating maintenance like that. What exactly are they including.

Yeah...no kidding. I didn't think something like that would even get on the table.

ndabunka 12-19-2007 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by badassgoat (Post 2557933)
noep traded ina car that was 18000 and got around oh wait no just realized that i put 1000 down on the car to order
so that puts me around 38 115.... not bad... i guess but it puts me at more real of anumbe rin yoru guys eyes i think

OK, this starts to make more sense. the new car less the $18K for the trade in yields a lower "taxable" event than a straight out purchase. There anywhere from $400 to $1,040 difference in final value (3% tax first and 8% later). Drop another $1K deposit on top of that and your right there where most others are. Probably still a good deal though not the "barn burner" some had thought had occurred. The devil really IS in the details sometimes. Thanks for the clarifications.

supernsx 12-20-2007 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Stiggs (Post 2559631)
Yeah...no kidding. I didn't think something like that would even get on the table.

It is a year end sales event from that specific MB dealership to give out free maintenance.

I can only go to that one dealer for all the free services including services A and services B for the first 4 years or 50K miles. Since the dealer is only 15 miles from where I am and it will also provided a loaner, going to that one dealer is not a big deal.

So with my $500 Fleet Employee Discount, $1200 off from MSRP and free maintenance ($1300 value), I am quite happy with the deal. Since the dealer is rushing all orders in before end of the year, our C will be at the dealership before the new year. :zoom:

nanotech 12-20-2007 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by supernsx (Post 2559792)
It is a year end sales event from that specific MB dealership to give out free maintenance.

I can only go to that one dealer for all the free services including services A and services B for the first 4 years or 50K miles. Since the dealer is only 15 miles from where I am and it will also provided a loaner, going to that one dealer is not a big deal.

So with my $500 Fleet Employee Discount, $1200 off from MSRP and free maintenance ($1300 value), I am quite happy with the deal. Since the dealer is rushing all orders in before end of the year, our C will be at the dealership before the new year. :zoom:

woah, I didn't even know that maintenance wasn't free already....BMW's are so I guess that's why I automatically assumed MB would be. You think the dollar amount of total maintenance a c300 sport will need over the course of four years is only about $1300?

supernsx 12-20-2007 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by nanotech (Post 2561171)
woah, I didn't even know that maintenance wasn't free already....BMW's are so I guess that's why I automatically assumed MB would be. You think the dollar amount of total maintenance a c300 sport will need over the course of four years is only about $1300?

The quote I got:

Service A: $210
Service B: $480

don't know about brake service but since my wife drives only $5K/yr, not sure we will use that.

pmb600 12-20-2007 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by supernsx (Post 2561185)
The quote I got:

Service A: $210
Service B: $480

don't know about brake service but since my wife drives only $5K/yr, not sure we will use that.

I can't imagine that deal would also cover brake services, they would be insane to do that...

Free A and B services does make sense as a promotion I guess because in reality that isn't costing them that much. A and B services are basically oil plus labor. If they are including brakes though, that would be about $1000 for pads and rotors all around.

supernsx 12-21-2007 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by pmb600 (Post 2561406)
I can't imagine that deal would also cover brake services, they would be insane to do that...

Free A and B services does make sense as a promotion I guess because in reality that isn't costing them that much. A and B services are basically oil plus labor. If they are including brakes though, that would be about $1000 for pads and rotors all around.

May be I should have them to put in writing for the brake service then. Wish me luck on that.:smash:

bonds 12-21-2007 05:36 PM

Anyone purchase a c300 6pd? or are they all leased? I am considering buying it. Anyone think its a bad idea?

pmb600 12-22-2007 12:49 PM

Not a bad idea if you put a lot of miles on your cars or plan to keep it for a while. If you plan to keep it past 4 years or 50,000 miles I would highly recommend the Mercedes extended warranty. The $1500 or so will probably pay off in the future or at least make it easier for you to sell it privately later.

RLE 12-22-2007 05:01 PM

Free service?

<<I can't imagine that deal would also cover brake services, they would be insane to do that...
Free A and B services does make sense as a promotion I guess because in reality that isn't costing them that much. A and B services are basically oil plus labor. If they are including brakes though, that would be about $1000 for pads and rotors all around.>>

Depends what you think free service includes. My '01 C320 had free service for the first four years and I did not reach 50K miles during that time.

Regular service based on today's car:

Three engine oil & filter changes, each 13K miles. Mobil 1 5W40 EP
One trans fluid & filter at 39K miles
Annual cabin air filter change
Wiper blades when needed
Brake fluid change every other year

You supply the dealer's charges if you were paying.

Brake pads all around at around at 40-45K miles on your nickel, discs not required. Clutch parts, if you have one, on you.

nanotech 12-22-2007 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by RLE (Post 2563904)
<<I can't imagine that deal would also cover brake services, they would be insane to do that...
Free A and B services does make sense as a promotion I guess because in reality that isn't costing them that much. A and B services are basically oil plus labor. If they are including brakes though, that would be about $1000 for pads and rotors all around.>>

Depends what you think free service includes. My '01 C320 had free service for the first four years and I did not reach 50K miles during that time.

Regular service based on today's car:

Three engine oil & filter changes, each 13K miles. Mobil 1 5W40 EP
One trans fluid & filter at 39K miles
Annual cabin air filter change
Wiper blades when needed
Brake fluid change every other year

You supply the dealer's charges if you were paying.

Brake pads all around at around at 40-45K miles on your nickel, discs not required. Clutch parts, if you have one, on you.

that's interesting RLE....basically you are saying that there is not much maintenance to do in today's cars anyway...right?

RLE 12-22-2007 07:40 PM

Service costs

<<....basically you are saying that there is not much maintenance to do in today's cars anyway...right?>>

Theoretically, yes. A lot of owners will be uncomfortable with 13K mile oil changes and will perhaps change at the midpoint. My experience with the cabin air filter is that they have to be checked more often because (based on my W203) they get pretty dirty which slows down airflow which could effect AC operation in the hot months. I bought my engine and cabin air filters online and saved a bundle, changing them on condition versus time or mileage. My dealer tech told me that observing the factory recommendation on engine air filter changes can result in damage to the mass air flow sensor because of dirt getting through. Out of warranty, this is an expensive fix.

As to brakes, usually it's a disk change every other pad change. I was amazed that my C320's pads wore out front and rear at the same mileage (44000) and when I changed them myself (bought online) , it was obvious that the brake disks did not need changing. And, BTW my driving style is not one that tries to conserve brakes or tires, particularly.

Anyway, brakes are never a warranty item so whenever they need pads, you pay.

At my dealer, the lowest hourly service rate is $80 and the top is well over $100 so anything you can do yourself is money in your pocket. And, you are not required to let them do ANYTHING as long as records are kept and you don't screw anything up.

C230 Sport Coup 12-22-2007 07:47 PM

I'm amazed at the pricing on the W204.
I stopped at the dealer and sat in one.
Very nice.
A v6, leather, sunroof, drilled rotors etc, INCLUDED for around 30K ?
Wow. BMW would be 10 grand more for the same thing.

My W203 coupe was about 33k out the door in 2002, and then I had to beef up the suspension, brakes etc. and only a 4 banger.
I've got 38 grand into it.
The dollar is worth 1/2 it was in 2002, hence MBZ is getting paid only 1/2.

So, where is the W204 mfg?
I'd take the European delivery option, which I beleive is 8 % off or it used to be.

I did get free maint. though which really paid off, as I could drop it at the dealer for anything without any fear I'd get hit with a bill.

80 an hour at the dealer? wow it's double that here in the bay area.
1000 for brakes? Wow.
I did mine (AMG) for $300 in parts, and an hour of my time,
including ceramic pads which last much longer than the stock ones.

RLE 12-22-2007 08:07 PM

30 Grand? not likely

<<I'm amazed at the pricing on the W204. I stopped at the dealer and sat in one. Very nice. A v6, leather, sunroof, drilled rotors etc, INCLUDED for around 30K ? Wow. BMW would be 10 grand more for the same thing.>>

I think the car is well priced, even after optional equipment is factored in. But the advertised base price is a sham because there are no cars built at that price. For example, my C300 Luxury's real base price was $33475 with no options. Either the "Luxury" or "Sport" package is mandatory (at a price) to build the things. It's like saying, "Oh, you wanted wheels, seats and windows? Well, then, this is the price...."

The artificial base number is just to compete with BMW, nothing more. The drilled rotors (actually not drilled since the holes are cast in) are only on the Sport version which BTW means a black interior. And so on.

To get a real feel for the cost, go to mbusa.com, click on "build your own" and spec it out they way you may want it. The final before T&L numbers have been negotiable in some parts of the country.

nanotech 12-22-2007 10:53 PM

I am looking to lease a c300 sport and I am thinking about doing a one-pay lease to avoid the finance charge on atleast the depreciated amount. I have heard that if you do the one-pay lease w/ MBfinance that you get a .00110 discount on the MF for the remaining part of the lease that still incurs a finance charge (the residual amount).

does this seem correct to you guys:
37,325 msrp
34,767 invoice
36,000 final negotiated price (w/ acq fee, dealer fees, etc...all except state tax fees)
0 down
at 15kmi/yr for 4yr the residual is 50%
residual amount 18662.50 ($37,325 x .50)
interest on residual (at .00280 - .00110 mf (discount on rate for one-pay lease) or 4.08%) is $3,308.14
depreciation is $36k - $18,662.50 = $17,337.50
add on interest on residual ($3,308.14) and total one-pay lease payment comes out to $20,645.64
plus 7% tax = $22,090.83
divided by 48 = $460/mo after taxes (ofcourse this is not what I am really going to pay since this is a one-pay lease...plus we have to account for the time value of money for me paying $22k upfront instead of just monthly lease payment)

It seems kinda foolish for me to pay $22k to lease a car for four years when I can just buy that exact same car outright for $39k ($36k + taxes)....but the bottom line is that I believe that if I go to sell this car four years later (imagine selling a 2003 c240 w/ 60k miles now..kbb gives trade-in as $14k) I wouldn't get more than $17k for it (so $39k - $17k i expect = $22k that I am paying upfront to lease it)...and ofcourse this doesn't even account for the higher time value of money effect on the $39k vs the $22k simply because its a larger amount so will have a larger dollar figure.

DJ Kyro 12-23-2007 04:11 AM

How about $67,000 after Taxes for a locally assembeled model! :) And no maint. No nothing. Oh yeah did i mention it's a C200 Kompressor too? :)

C230 Sport Coup 12-23-2007 01:22 PM

Hmmm....well a stripped model still isn't bad, but yeh, I went to the MBUSA site, and I see, you can only order most options as packages.
Only 3 packages to choose from which sux.
And the dumass salesguy who told me leather was included was wrong.
It's 1550 I think.
So, my car, with leather, pano, and an ipod kit, quickly went to 35K before tax and license, so I'd be looking at 40K out the door with very little options.
Xenon's can only be had with some nearly 3 grand package, and the
1st level package comes with a lot of stuff that was free on my current car.
I like the garage door opener and the rain sensing wipers (wish they had an adjustment) but I'm not paying a grand for it.

Guess I'll be keeping my Coupey for a while.

Originally Posted by RLE (Post 2564111)
<<I'm amazed at the pricing on the W204. I stopped at the dealer and sat in one. Very nice. A v6, leather, sunroof, drilled rotors etc, INCLUDED for around 30K ? Wow. BMW would be 10 grand more for the same thing.>>

I think the car is well priced, even after optional equipment is factored in. But the advertised base price is a sham because there are no cars built at that price. For example, my C300 Luxury's real base price was $33475 with no options. Either the "Luxury" or "Sport" package is mandatory (at a price) to build the things. It's like saying, "Oh, you wanted wheels, seats and windows? Well, then, this is the price...."

The artificial base number is just to compete with BMW, nothing more. The drilled rotors (actually not drilled since the holes are cast in) are only on the Sport version which BTW means a black interior. And so on.

To get a real feel for the cost, go to mbusa.com, click on "build your own" and spec it out they way you may want it. The final before T&L numbers have been negotiable in some parts of the country.

dsiebenh 12-28-2007 02:27 PM

2008 300C Sport

Black / Black
4Matic
P1 Pkg
Ipod Kit

$35,300, plus sales tax and registration fees.

This was purchased in the NY area via the Costco buyer program.

achu717 12-30-2007 10:43 PM

Cash price for 2008 C300 Luxury

2008 C300 Luxury in NorCal

Iridium Silver
7 Speed automatic
P1 option
Multimedia pkg
Ipod integration

MSRP $39,110
paid $37,000 plus tax and fees.
or
$100 over invoice

mac911 01-01-2008 01:48 AM

Do you guys get much off MSRP?

I'm looking at 2008 C300 Sport.

There is one close to my liking on the boat supposedly, and I might get it in early Feb, if I push ahead.

I just wanted to ask cause I really can't find much on this from Mercedes Benz people, just generic car stuff. Do you guys get much off the MSRP, when you get your C-Class? The dealer has offered close to $1500 off MSRP, without me even asking.

I guess I'd be cool with that it's just last time I got a car it was s cheap 20k japanese sedan, and I got $2000 off plus extended warranty.

Things a little different with Mercedes Benz maybe though? Thanks so much.

C-Class has been something I've longed for, for some time, and this new one is just oh so gorgeous. Such a beautiful machine. I've been in a few now, and they really make you smile, don't they?

Hope all of you continue to enjoy your beautiful C-Classes. Love the few picture threads too, so much fun.

achu717 01-01-2008 03:19 AM

paid $80 over invoice price + tax and fees in N Callif. or 5.2% off msrp.
C300 luxury. i guess its the year end special, saleman got to make the volume number for 2007.