C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Trouble Placing An Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche Cayenne S
Trouble Placing An Order

Hello to all, this is my first post here. I have been lurking here for the last year or so and decided to register because I am close to pulling the trigger on getting a C-class.

Last weekend I went with my brother to get a W204 C350 Sport. None of the dealers had a car with the color & options he wanted so he decided to order a car.

Dealer #1 refused to take the special order. They wanted him to pick one from the lot or they will find him one.

Dealer #2 said they'll take a $1K deposit and order the car. When it arrives he would have 48 hours to inspect the car, negotiate the price and decide whether to take it or not. We wanted to finalize the price right there so we know exactly what he'll be paying when it arrives. We could potentially waste 2 to 3 months waiting if we did not agree on price and decide to walk away. Dealer refused saying the market conditions could be different when the car arrives in a couple of months. It as an obvious way to get my brother on the hook and make him pay any price to bring the car home after months of waiting.

For those that ordered their cars, how did the deal go? I have a personal interest in this since it seems likely I will also have to order mine when the time comes.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:34 PM

2008 C350 Black/Black Leather, P2, 18" AMG, Pano, illuminated door sills, chrome handles, long wait
There are lots of posts about this, I personally just got $300 off and the installation of the illuminated door sills thrown in. (C350)

I've never heard of a dealer refusing to order a car for someone. That's just bad business. So don't expect to get too much off of it, and order it sooon because the wait times are getting crazy. Order it before the 15th of the month because thats when all the orders are actually sent to the plant.

My 2 cents
Old 09-06-2007, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350
I placed an order on a C300 with p2, 18" AMG wheels, and multimedia package at first. Then I got impatient when they told me to wait another month or so from the eta date that they told me. So I went ahead and got myself a Steel Gray C350 with 18" AMG wheels and P2 package also I got my deposit back and a 250 gift certifcate a 250 check from the dealership
Old 09-06-2007, 02:37 PM

c300
I'm finding that the Benz dealers in my area are using sales techniques usually reserved for lesser brands. I've been buying BMW and Audi for years, so got used to easy honest negotiations, even on just introduced models. I was a little taken back by the Benz dealer pulling stuff I haven't seen since I bought a Toyota.

I was even waiting for the 4 square to come out.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Almost a Member!

My deal went really smoothly. I told my salesman exactly what i wanted and got it done. To negotiate the price i went and talked directly to the manager leaving the salesman out of the equation. I hate when salesmen leave to go and talk to the manager over and over.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:27 PM

Porsche Cayenne S
Thanks to all for the replies.

For those of you that ordered successfuly, did you walk out of the dealer knowing how much you were going to pay for the car?

Tax and reg can be figured out later but did you sign a contract with the agreed-upon price of the car?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:59 PM

2008 C350 Black/Black Leather, P2, 18" AMG, Pano, illuminated door sills, chrome handles, long wait
I signed a piece of paper...but it was basically saying 'this is what I'm interested in, this is what I want ordered'

No bill of sale though. But he did tell me exactly how much it would cost...even the .45 cents. Which I'll make them eat :-P
Old 09-08-2007, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by Peyton
I signed a piece of paper...but it was basically saying 'this is what I'm interested in, this is what I want ordered'

No bill of sale though. But he did tell me exactly how much it would cost...even the .45 cents. Which I'll make them eat :-P
that sounds a lot like what i've got.

i'm heading to the dealer tomorrow to try to get some answers