C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

The "Acorn" strikes again...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350
The "Acorn" strikes again...

So, I was driving on some back roads last night and an acorn decided to leave a dent on my hood the size of a quarter...

I just picked up the car a week ago and the car is black...it show's a lot more than my old palladium silver.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get the dent out...easy and cheap??
Old 09-13-2007, 07:53 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Dent removal

<<So, I was driving on some back roads last night and an acorn decided to leave a dent on my hood the size of a quarter...Does anyone have any suggestions to get the dent out...easy and cheap??>>

Sure. Provided the paint isn't damaged, your local version of "The Dent Wizard" can remove it without a trace. It will probably cost about $100 and your comprehensive coverage will most likely pay for it. Or, just pay for it yourself so as not to rile your insurance company.

I've used this service a half dozen times and it's always been a complete success. Usually these guys come around to the car dealers on a regular schedule to remove the door dings from the trade-ins. So, go to your dealer and ask who they use and show up when he is there.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:05 PM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by RLE
<<So, I was driving on some back roads last night and an acorn decided to leave a dent on my hood the size of a quarter...Does anyone have any suggestions to get the dent out...easy and cheap??>>

Sure. Provided the paint isn't damaged, your local version of "The Dent Wizard" can remove it without a trace. It will probably cost about $100 and your comprehensive coverage will most likely pay for it. Or, just pay for it yourself so as not to rile your insurance company.

I've used this service a half dozen times and it's always been a complete success. Usually these guys come around to the car dealers on a regular schedule to remove the door dings from the trade-ins. So, go to your dealer and ask who they use and show up when he is there.
Thanks!
Old 09-15-2007, 08:54 PM

2005 C230K Sport Sedan, 6 speed manual
I will second the paintless dent removal technique. These guys can work miracles. Door dings, hail damage, etc.

Get someone skilled and experienced, not one of the low-price leaders. The best have been to a special school. You can check the phone book, but maybe the best way is to check at a couple high-line dealers or body shops. Many of these dent removal guys (gals?) work out of a truck and serve several dealerships and body shops.

Last edited by alpinweiss; 09-15-2007 at 09:00 PM.