C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C350 vs. Lexus SC430?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 01:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C350
Great, i have a 911 as well, so if i get the SC I'll have 2 womans cars.

I am considering the C350 because its a good size & practical. Its European (better feel & drive) & has great looks. It costs less than a 335i or a IS350, but im not sure about reliability or fun factor...
Old 10-19-2007, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would almost reccomend to get the C300 with the 6MT to increase the fun factor. You can order every option on the C300 and have a fully loaded model with a manual for the price of a base 350, and the stick will make it much more fun (and probably more reliable).
Old 10-19-2007, 05:13 PM

2006 Boxster
Moving aside from the subjective feelings of feminine/masculine; pretentiousess, starter Benz/wannabe, etc.

There is absolutely one area where there is no subjectivity - quality of interior. There is absolutely no comparison between the quality of a SC430 interior and a C Class. The Lexus is beautifully trimmed and nice to the touch; the C Class looks and feels cheap.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RandyG
Moving aside from the subjective feelings of feminine/masculine; pretentiousess, starter Benz/wannabe, etc.

There is absolutely one area where there is no subjectivity - quality of interior. There is absolutely no comparison between the quality of a SC430 interior and a C Class. The Lexus is beautifully trimmed and nice to the touch; the C Class looks and feels cheap.
While I agree that the interior of the C falls short of other MBs, Lexus has yet to design an interior that surpasses a bathtub.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by RandyG

You can beat a dead horse all you want, especially seeing almost all your posts have been you complaining about the interior like its the only thing in the world people would buy their cars for. While there is no subjectivity with the w204's interior quality, I honestly think its acceptable. Most people are comparing quality of the interior to an E-Class and in my opinion, a E92 335i's interior isn't that much better. Neither is a Lexus IS350's interior impressive at all.

Have you been inside a SC430's interior? It is BLAND for a 70,000 dollar car. A screen in the middle, with wood trim around it. Everyone has been there done that. I'm going out on a limb and I'm not making fun of your car, but lets take a look at the Boxster S. My good buddy has one and the interior is bland for a 55,000 dollar car. Take the C300 Luxury's interior and I'd be impressed that this car is 30,000 dollars. What's cheap to you, doesn't mean its cheap to others.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i535
I am absolute Mercedes fanboy and Lexus hater. However I'd select SC430. The car looks really cool, very luxury and has incredible stereo. Note SC430 will cost you 10 grands more.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:24 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Pretentioius?

[<<Regarding image, these couple of thoughts come to mind regarding the C Class:

Pretentioius and Wannabe

Spelling it incorrectly blunts the impact, don't you think? Reveals something about you that you thought was a secret.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:52 AM
KA8

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by imboom
You can beat a dead horse all you want, especially seeing almost all your posts have been you complaining about the interior like its the only thing in the world people would buy their cars for. While there is no subjectivity with the w204's interior quality, I honestly think its acceptable. Most people are comparing quality of the interior to an E-Class and in my opinion, a E92 335i's interior isn't that much better. Neither is a Lexus IS350's interior impressive at all.

Have you been inside a SC430's interior? It is BLAND for a 70,000 dollar car. A screen in the middle, with wood trim around it. Everyone has been there done that. I'm going out on a limb and I'm not making fun of your car, but lets take a look at the Boxster S. My good buddy has one and the interior is bland for a 55,000 dollar car. Take the C300 Luxury's interior and I'd be impressed that this car is 30,000 dollars. What's cheap to you, doesn't mean its cheap to others.
Lexus's interior may be a little BLAND but it's luxurious. Yes I've driven one and it's very NICE...Plus of course you're gonna have a screen in the middle. Where else you gonna have a screen? on the driver side? Most styles nowadays are copies of another... you're obviously just another 'mercedes fanboy'
Old 10-20-2007, 03:09 AM

C350
Without a doubt the SC430's interior is superior to the C-class, but I guess that is also because it is several classes abobe the C-class. I love the hideaway GPS screen and the hideaway ML stereo. When its all closed, it is beautiful.. including the center console... tons of wood (which i like) Leather is nice in the SC but the seats are only soso... no doubt the SC wins on the interior in my book... exterior is harder to judge, maybe that is a tie in my book.... storage is a big issue..

I like to carry my golf clubs w/ me all the time which would prevent the SC's top to go down... so essentially on a day to day basis, i will just be driving a coupe since the top cant go down w/ the clubs in the trunk...so that point defeats one of the main purposes of the convertible... the other point of the coupe is also redundant by the 911... I think I will have to go w/ the C-Class.

I had a CLS which to me is the best sedan ever minus the fact that it broke down... Im hoping the quality of the C-class will return to how MB used to make cars... with quality.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by KA8
Lexus's interior may be a little BLAND but it's luxurious. Yes I've driven one and it's very NICE...Plus of course you're gonna have a screen in the middle. Where else you gonna have a screen? on the driver side? Most styles nowadays are copies of another... you're obviously just another 'mercedes fanboy'
Love your speculation. Why the hate?

The SC430's interior sure is luxurious, but it better be for 70,000 dollars. We're still comparing this with the C300 which is a 32,000 dollar car. You miss my point, maybe your misguiding of calling people who state the truth 'fanboys' clouded your judgement, and to quote you, "obviously".

Read my post about me receiving my C350. I owned an E46 M3 and a EJ205 STI v7 motor MY02 WRX. I have great expertise in the field of Subaru boxer engines and dyno-tuned and rebuilt many. My specialization is in the VF30/VF34 turbochargers made by IHI, same company that makes the turbochargers for BMW's N54 Bi-turbo motors. The C350 is my first MB vehicle and I've owned countless many vehicles before hand. I call myself a boxer-engine-nut, but you were too quick to call me a 'mercedes fanboy'. Shows your ignorance.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:42 AM

2006 Boxster
Originally Posted by RLE
[<<Regarding image, these couple of thoughts come to mind regarding the C Class:

Pretentioius and Wannabe

Spelling it incorrectly blunts the impact, don't you think? Reveals something about you that you thought was a secret.
And I thought only my hairdresser knew!
Old 10-27-2007, 10:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
Considering Porsche is very much a womans car around Stuttgart, a woman?
I have a 996 X-50 Porsche, my wife wants me to sell it for a C6 Corvette. She hates my Porsche. How do you figure women like Porsche automobiles? I never see one behind the wheel or at get together events?

-Ryan
Old 10-27-2007, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CarGuru
I have a 996 X-50 Porsche, my wife wants me to sell it for a C6 Corvette. She hates my Porsche. How do you figure women like Porsche automobiles? I never see one behind the wheel or at get together events?

-Ryan
Must be a question of point of reference. Around Stuttgart and Los Angeles, especially in the former, there seem to be a lot of female Porsche drivers. I'm waiting for the day when the women outnumber the men at the Porsche parties in Bietigheim.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:08 PM
KA8

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by imboom
Love your speculation. Why the hate?

The SC430's interior sure is luxurious, but it better be for 70,000 dollars. We're still comparing this with the C300 which is a 32,000 dollar car. You miss my point, maybe your misguiding of calling people who state the truth 'fanboys' clouded your judgement, and to quote you, "obviously".

Read my post about me receiving my C350. I owned an E46 M3 and a EJ205 STI v7 motor MY02 WRX. I have great expertise in the field of Subaru boxer engines and dyno-tuned and rebuilt many. My specialization is in the VF30/VF34 turbochargers made by IHI, same company that makes the turbochargers for BMW's N54 Bi-turbo motors. The C350 is my first MB vehicle and I've owned countless many vehicles before hand. I call myself a boxer-engine-nut, but you were too quick to call me a 'mercedes fanboy'. Shows your ignorance.
Sure buddy $32K is right for base model. Add just a few options it'll easily reach $40K and that's nowhere near econobox prices. C350 is probably a lil more. I don't know where you come from and I don't care. You love your car that's good for you. As for me I'm expressing my opinion and some people have nothing better to say about 'other cars' than 'oh it's not an mb, so it's watever' kinda attitude. WTF should interior of sc look like? Where else should the screen be other than center? Learn to respect the competition.