C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Question for those with Leather Interior!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
I'm a car nut..I always nit pick over everything on my car. When it comes down to the leather or the mb-tex in a C class, just go with the mb-tex. Its very hard to tell the difference by just looking at it, and the comfort level is about the same. Yes with leather you get the leather smell, and you get the nice stitching on the door panels, but I can think of better ways to spend the extra $1,550 they want for leather. Heck that would pay for the P1 package and still have money left over for all weather mats.
P1 is standar on all C350
Old 11-21-2007, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chilledbenz
They really don't explain it all too well. "Inserts" or "Surfaces" sound almost interchangeable. Also of note is E class cars come with MB-Tex standard, but their optional leather package (same price as the C) states all leather surfaces, head restraints, and rear seat backs. So it made me wonder
MB Tex standar on the C, E, ML, CL clases
Old 11-21-2007, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dion
No..what he meant is I can add some of the electronics but cannot add leather. And besides, you're talking about 15xx.xx in options, which would be A PART of P2 instead of leather, right? I think at that point it's the rear folding seat, rear sunshade, headlamp washing system, Bi-Xenon headlamps, cornering fog lamps. It's all about opinion/wants and options. I wanted leather rather than the electronics. Pano, MM would've added almost 4K to the selling price. I tend to hang onto cars long after they're paid-off. Besides, it's my wife's car, this is mine....

The leather in my van is holding up pretty well considering we have a 3 and 5 year old, four years and 90K miles and it still cleans up well, but I don't know how well MB leather will hold up. Our C is for my wife, not the kids, so we're not so worried.

Yes, I don't expect the interior to be completely leather, but the face of the seat and door cards/panels are leather and you can see the difference there, not just in the stitching. I just feel if I'm going to buy a luxury car, it should have leather...but then again, all of my cars have/had leather.
I'm with you, I got leather, sorry but I cant stand the smell of the MB Tex
Old 11-21-2007, 09:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1963 220Sb
Originally Posted by tanktube67
MB Tex standar on the C, E, ML, CL clases
It is definetly not standard on the CL. The rest are true.