C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Edmunds Sports Sedan Comparison Test - C350 Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 09:53 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
Originally Posted by craiger13
I look at it this way mercedes is not a well dressed anything g35-37 are well dressed nissans nothing against nissans but when I hit a bump in my c300 all I hear is the tires........that my friend exemplifies a well made car no rattles not even from the glove compartment. so this is one of the thing I looked for when I buy car.
What year is your C300? I have four different areas that creak and rattle during regular driving. I have a 2009 C300 that started developing these 2 years ago.

1) Rear deck, but that's only during winters or cold nights now since I stuffed it with cardboard for filler. Also still happens if I have passengers in back seats. Embarrassing...

2) "A" pillar. Bought a new one and had it replaced($50), still rattles all the same. Thinking of stuffing felt in between but it might break when removing and the edges are squeezed tight so I cant just stuff it in that way.

3) Center console. I don't know where it is exactly, but when I press down on that cheap plastic, I can hear it creak the same way as when I drive. Maybe 5 years of summers and winters have warped the plastic structure.

4) Cup holder. The second cup holder creaks if I have anything putting weight on it. Water bottle? Creaks and rattle.

In the spirit of this thread, I would agree that the 335i is a far superior vehicle, especially compared to a C300. I would argue that the e92 335i is more luxurious and way sportier than a comparatively optioned C350. In fact, I think I already did compare my C300 to my brother's 335i a while ago. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
Originally Posted by Rodpwnz
What year is your C300? I have four different areas that creak and rattle during regular driving. I have a 2009 C300 that started developing these 2 years ago.

1) Rear deck, but that's only during winters or cold nights now since I stuffed it with cardboard for filler. Also still happens if I have passengers in back seats. Embarrassing...

2) "A" pillar. Bought a new one and had it replaced($50), still rattles all the same. Thinking of stuffing felt in between but it might break when removing and the edges are squeezed tight so I cant just stuff it in that way.

3) Center console. I don't know where it is exactly, but when I press down on that cheap plastic, I can hear it creak the same way as when I drive. Maybe 5 years of summers and winters have warped the plastic structure.

4) Cup holder. The second cup holder creaks if I have anything putting weight on it. Water bottle? Creaks and rattle.

In the spirit of this thread, I would agree that the 335i is a far superior vehicle, especially compared to a C300. I would argue that the e92 335i is more luxurious and way sportier than a comparatively optioned C350. In fact, I think I already did compare my C300 to my brother's 335i a while ago. Just my 2 cents.

2011 c300 4matic sport Question how often do you take it to mercedes to get it fixed as far as the noises?
Old 09-08-2015, 08:18 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
Originally Posted by craiger13
2011 c300 4matic sport Question how often do you take it to mercedes to get it fixed as far as the noises?
I'm out of warranty, so to get something small like these fixed might cost an arm and a leg. but when I did have CPO warranty, I took it in three times for different rattles and creaks. I never had any rattles or creaks during the 4 year warranty.

1) My sunroof would creak when opening and closing, and I had to push REALLY hard for them just to check it out. After a bunch of hesitation and reluctance, they eventually lubricated it under warranty and the creaking disappeared for a year.

2) My "A" pillar was rattling with the original "A" pillar that the car came with. Service advisor noted the rattle but said that he would have a tech put felt around it to stop the noise. It helped a little but never truly corrected it. He told me I would have to buy a new "A" pillar if I wanted it totally gone. I bought a new one, rattle is still there.

3) Center console would rattle, different service advisor heard it and told me: "It happens when cars get older, just turn up the radio" - What a load of garbage. In my head I was thinking: "Mercedes - nothing but the best", I should've said it to him and laughed.

If I were to take it in and ask how to fix the rattles they would probably give me the run around, and say it would cost hours of labor just to look for it.