C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Woot!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Sport / Steel Gray / MM / AMG
Woot!!!

Well...I picked up my Steel Grey C350 over the weekend. All I can say is...I'm impressed. Very impressed. Besides the obvious shortcomings (if you want to call them that) which have been discussed on this forum a million times, I think the vehicle carries itself very well.

The MM system ROCKS! I activited my 6 month trial of SIRIUS today (and got to listen to my Steeler game) and have already paired my blackberry, transferred my contacts, loaded a few thousand MP3s, watched a DVD movie, added routes to my nav, completed the voice control setup and all that's left is testing out the memory card slot and settup up the AUX to hook up to my iPod.

The car has just about every luxury in that price range that you can expect. Sure...memory seats, reverse tilt mirrors and parktronic are nice little options, but even if it had all that, there would still be folks that complain that it doesn't make them breakfast in the morning!

The fact of the matter is that every component of that car is engineered to some of the highest standards and the car can go head-to-head with anything else in it's class. It's competitors are great cars as well--I even own one of them. But if you'd like to spend the extra $$, I'll remind you that MB makes a whole slew of other models that I'm sure will meet anyone's need with a higher demand.

OK...if you can't tell that I'm excited about my new ride, let me loosely translate: WOOT!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
That awsome! Congrats on picking it up. How long did you have to wait for it? I ordered mine last week and won't be ready till mid Jan sometime...
Old 11-12-2007, 12:18 AM

MB w204 C300 Sport, Audi B7 A4 2.0TQ, Porsche Cayman 981
Originally Posted by ryanrohaley
Well...I picked up my Steel Grey C350 over the weekend. All I can say is...I'm impressed. Very impressed. Besides the obvious shortcomings (if you want to call them that) which have been discussed on this forum a million times, I think the vehicle carries itself very well.

The MM system ROCKS! I activited my 6 month trial of SIRIUS today (and got to listen to my Steeler game) and have already paired my blackberry, transferred my contacts, loaded a few thousand MP3s, watched a DVD movie, added routes to my nav, completed the voice control setup and all that's left is testing out the memory card slot and settup up the AUX to hook up to my iPod.

The car has just about every luxury in that price range that you can expect. Sure...memory seats, reverse tilt mirrors and parktronic are nice little options, but even if it had all that, there would still be folks that complain that it doesn't make them breakfast in the morning!

The fact of the matter is that every component of that car is engineered to some of the highest standards and the car can go head-to-head with anything else in it's class. It's competitors are great cars as well--I even own one of them. But if you'd like to spend the extra $$, I'll remind you that MB makes a whole slew of other models that I'm sure will meet anyone's need with a higher demand.

OK...if you can't tell that I'm excited about my new ride, let me loosely translate: WOOT!
Congrats! Thanks for the quick review. Let's see some pics! I will be living vicariously though all of you who are getting yours now...Mine won't be here until mid January
Old 11-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 C350 Sport / Steel Gray / MM / AMG
Originally Posted by Krytech
That awsome! Congrats on picking it up. How long did you have to wait for it? I ordered mine last week and won't be ready till mid Jan sometime...
It only took 7 weeks! The car was in the final stages that still allowed me to make all the changes that I wanted.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:27 AM

2008 - S550 4Matic, 2010 - E350 4Matic, 2010 - C350 4Matic
I can tell you like your new car and I agree the car is wonderful. We do enjoy the few extra options that you mentioned, but never forget, this is the introduction of the new model and once everything gets going, Mercedes-Benz will at first make all options available and gradually include them in the standard equipment list. You have to have something left for an encore.

What I like on my C-Class is that it handles very differently from my other cars. It's very firm and wonderful on smooth pavement, but punishing over pot holes.

I have little issue that the key-less go is not as sensitive as on my other car. I can sit in the car and it won't start and tells me: "No key detected" I thought maybe it was a poorly charged battery, but my wife had the same experience.

Then I have "jumping" windshield wipers. Maybe it is too new, maybe the windshield is not 100% clean yet, hopefully it will get better with time.

All in all, right from the start it is a great car and worth waiting for.

Jorg
Old 11-12-2007, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Congratulations on your purchase