C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

AMG exhaust retrofitted! Quad Tips Baby!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
I am currently propositioning a guy for his CL63 AMG

exhaust sections. Do you think I'll have trouble completing the same mod with these slightly different exhausts? I believe you have the 55 model exhaust welded up correct? Also, did you just cut the pipes and tip after the muffler can itself? Or did you actually use the AMG muffler cans also? Thanks. Nice cutting of the diffuser as well. Would you possibly have some closer pictures of exactly how that came out? Are the edges rough or sanded smooth? What was used to cut the material? Thanks so much for your help. Also, sound clips!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Raydens: It looks great! I am actually shocked at how much better it looks than OE.

ZippyD: We are enthusiasts. To a degree, we are hot rodders. Hot rodding has always been about personalization and improving upon an original design to suit one's own taste. Most of us can't leave our cars alone; no matter what they are. I have modified almost every vehicle I have ever owned. No car is perfect for everyone; that's why we try to make our cars perfect for us.

If you're not into it, fine. Let others enjoy their vehicles and share their experiences on the forum. You wouldn't be here if you were not an enthusiast though.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 500 2003
looks cool
Old 02-12-2008, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by Derspeed
Raydens: It looks great! I am actually shocked at how much better it looks than OE.

ZippyD: We are enthusiasts. To a degree, we are hot rodders. Hot rodding has always been about personalization and improving upon an original design to suit one's own taste. Most of us can't leave our cars alone; no matter what they are. I have modified almost every vehicle I have ever owned. No car is perfect for everyone; that's why we try to make our cars perfect for us.

If you're not into it, fine. Let others enjoy their vehicles and share their experiences on the forum. You wouldn't be here if you were not an enthusiast though.
if that's true, then why are people constantly bashing on ricers? it's their car, and each have their own personal tastes, yet people always hate on their big wings or loud exhausts.

i'm not trying to start anything, it just kind of crossed my mind when i was reading this post. it's a good quote though!

i love that exhaust! it's a beauty
Old 02-12-2008, 11:42 PM

2008 C350 & other fine MB products
Originally Posted by Derspeed

Well said Speed.

As for bashing ricers - I do not know that I see that here all that often. It is very rare!

We are just 2 different demographics. We drive $40k cars and usually subscribe to a less is more philosophy when it comes to mods. Sure some can be seen as over the top – but hey its their car to do with as they wish. However, when they make a pubic post they are inviting others offer up their opinions. It usually is no big deal until someone flames someone for being different. That’s all.

Blue is the color of CALM - lest all gaze upon it for at least one minute...
Old 02-13-2008, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
if that's true, then why are people constantly bashing on ricers? it's their car, and each have their own personal tastes, yet people always hate on their big wings or loud exhausts.

i'm not trying to start anything, it just kind of crossed my mind when i was reading this post. it's a good quote though!

i love that exhaust! it's a beauty
I agree. I prefer mods that enhance performance and make subtle visual improvements that other enthusiasts will notice. Some mods even make owning a car a little easier. For example, I added a lower front valence to my Passat and had the lower rock gaurds painted to match. Washing and waxing paint is much easier that avoiding black trim while waxing and then treating it with protectant.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:04 PM

C350 Sport Saks 5th Ave Edition
I think it looks good. Would love to hear it
Old 02-13-2008, 04:22 PM

C350 4MATIC Premium Package Obsidian Black
i think it looks great! just curious was that obsidian black?
Old 02-16-2008, 12:35 AM

c300SpP1
Originally Posted by AMGTestDriverNJ
exhaust sections. Do you think I'll have trouble completing the same mod with these slightly different exhausts? I believe you have the 55 model exhaust welded up correct? Also, did you just cut the pipes and tip after the muffler can itself? Or did you actually use the AMG muffler cans also? Thanks. Nice cutting of the diffuser as well. Would you possibly have some closer pictures of exactly how that came out? Are the edges rough or sanded smooth? What was used to cut the material? Thanks so much for your help. Also, sound clips!!!
What they did just cut the muffler and retrofitted them to the existing bracket. Pipes were not cut. All of them are stock AMG 55. As for the edges, after it was cut we sanded down to smooth them out.

As for sound clip, what clips are you guys expecting since I'm newbie to getting the clip.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:09 AM

Ford Focus 03
sweeeet mod
Old 03-02-2008, 02:47 PM

C350 Saks Edition
Sound Clip!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Raydens
Here's the picture. As for sound bit, it will need to follow
You need to paint that bracket urgently.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:25 PM

2008 C300 Sport Sedan: Panarama Roof, P2, Multimedia
Originally Posted by Raydens
welding and such costs bout $200. The AMG exhaust, it was a gift from old friend who happened to had this sitting at his backyard!
I'm sorry, I'm still a little confused about how you did it. So you used the whole AMG muffler or just the AMG exhaust tips?

I have 2 questions:

A). Did you use the whole AMG muffler and then weld on to the stock C300 pipe?

OR

B). Did you just cut off the AMG exhaust tips to weld on to the stock C300 muffler?

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
I'm the first one to say something about a mod being stupid or ricy (and I consider MOST mods ricy) and I have to say this is AWESOME and I'd love to do it on my car.

ZippyD has no idea what hes talking about.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
I think the default reply to most, if not all, of the hater comments on this forum is:

"Who's payin for it?"

sick mod!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
Hey, thank you for your response.

I was a little confused as to what you meant when you said you didn't cut the pipes. Does this mean that the cat-back section of the AMG quads actually bolted up to your existing 3 bolt flange? It just seems odd that they would actually link up properly, but then again maybe that isn't what you meant and I just read it wrong. In any event, thanks for the response and hope to hear from you again.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:00 PM

Very cool, very creative. Good job!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:49 AM

c300SpP1
I used whole AMG muffler and then welded on to the stock c300. Brackets from the muffler was customized to fit the existing C300 hooks.

Originally Posted by benzo-boi
I'm sorry, I'm still a little confused about how you did it. So you used the whole AMG muffler or just the AMG exhaust tips?

I have 2 questions:

A). Did you use the whole AMG muffler and then weld on to the stock C300 pipe?

I used the whole AMG muffler welded on to the stock C300 pipe

OR

B). Did you just cut off the AMG exhaust tips to weld on to the stock C300 muffler?

Thanks!