C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Black VS White

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204-C300
Black VS White

Hi w204 owners. I'm gonna order c350 with:
Multimedia Pacakge
Black Leather
Ipod Kit
Panorama roof

But I'm not sure about the Exterior color.. I think that white will look great with the panorama roof. But the white is not very white though. Other manufactures' white, like Honda is very white.

I'm fond of cars with black color since I was a kid. w204 with black paint job looks great! But black is hard to takecare of.. after a few years, the paint will have swirls..

Any suggestions from w204 owners that have black and white w204s? Pros and cons with Black and White paint?
I'm really confused right now..

Thanks,
Andrean
Old 11-21-2007, 09:27 PM

2008 C300 Luxury 4matic
I've always been a fan of black cars. I think they are very classy yet aggressive and turn heads. I think white cars are very feminine. Not sure if you are male or female.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:56 PM

w204-C300
I'm male btw..

yeah, black cars look great.. I'm a fan of black cars too.. But if i order the black, I have to install the clear bra, which will cost another $$.. and after a few years, the paint will have noticeable swirls.. What about your black car?

I think that the white will look great with the pano roof, and it will be more easy to takecare of..? is it true? But the white isn't very very white though..
Old 11-21-2007, 10:09 PM
RBP

Mercedes-Benz sedans should be Black or Obsidian Black.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:16 PM

2008 Calcite white C350, Command system, 3M clear bra, tint 30%
Andr3an, I presume your in Canada, as the Calcite white isn't as white as the Arctic white offered in the US.

My first choice was silver as it hides dust/dirt alot better than the other colors. I've driven black cars, though it looks great when its clean, its a pain to keep clean, and yes, no matter how careful you are, over time you will develop swirl marks.

I ended up choosing the Calcite white as it gives a nice contract on a dark tinted windows. Though after seeing pics and at the dealer, I think if I look back I would go with the hot red color offered in Canada.

Good luck with your color choice.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:27 PM

w204-C300
nope.. I'm in U.S.

I compared the white of Mercedes to other car manufactures, like Honda or Toyota. Their white is really really white.. I like that kind of white..

Yeah, you are right about black.. That's why I'm really confused right now..

Black or White, people?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 W204.081; M 272.948 KE30; Colour Code#792
Sounds like you need to set up a Poll.

IMHO, You can never go wrong with Black. It's a timeless classic color. All other colours can claim to be the new black, but eventually fall out of favour. I might be a little biased since my first car was black. And I loved every minute of it (despite having to constantly keep it clean). Swirl marks are easily taken care of by proper detailing.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:57 PM

08 C350 4Matic -Premium- Comand NAV-Keyless-GO-Panoramic-Rear Win Sunshade-Memory seat-Quickpark-AMG
i suggest u choose Silver is real match ur p.roof, look very sharp TRUST ME))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) , my car is Calcite White with p.roof , first time look is good but later look not too cool , black colour can't see ur p.roof for sure (like a regular car) if u choose Sliver look really high class, if can give me second chance to choose , i MUST choose SILVER colour:m ercy::

Last edited by aansonsit; 11-22-2007 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:59 PM

w204-C300
Originally Posted by Rick Hunter
Sounds like you need to set up a Poll.

IMHO, You can never go wrong with Black. It's a timeless classic color. All other colours can claim to be the new black, but eventually fall out of favour. I might be a little biased since my first car was black. And I loved every minute of it (despite having to constantly keep it clean). Swirl marks are easily taken care of by proper detailing.
nah, I only need suggestions, and the pros and cons of these 2 colors.
Really? Can I do it by myself?

Does the white fades out after a few years? I mean some white paint job becomes yellowish after a few years, because of the sun exposure..
Old 11-22-2007, 12:03 AM

w204-C300
Originally Posted by aansonsit
i suggest u choose Silver is real match ur p.roof, look very sharp TRUST ME))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) , my car is Calcite White with p.roof , first time look is good but later look not too cool , black colour can't see ur p.roof for sure (like a regular car) if u choose Sliver look really high class, if can give me second chance to choose , i MUST choose SILVER colour:m ercy::me rcy:
I don't hate silver, but it's just too ordinary..
Old 11-22-2007, 12:05 AM

08 C350 4Matic -Premium- Comand NAV-Keyless-GO-Panoramic-Rear Win Sunshade-Memory seat-Quickpark-AMG
yes my friend w203 white colour , only two years later will hv little bit fades out, but hv many a tiny yellow dots on body, so if u don't mind pay $$ can do a paint protection job, is good !!
Old 11-22-2007, 12:06 AM

2008 C300 Luxury 4matic
I haven't noticed any swirls in my black '03. Maybe I am not looking closely enough though. You don't HAVE to get the clear bra on a black car. I never got it installed on my current car. But the new C class which will also be in black, I am probably going to get it done.

I always thought white will get dirty. I don't know though. I'm thinking about it now and white would probably mask the dust better... but then if you drive through a big dirty puddle, it will look very ugly on your car.

You should go down to the dealership and see both colors in person.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:12 AM

Well !! No choice, choose WHITE colour, don't choose Black, otherwise NO one see your nice P.Roof (i add P.Roof just want ppl looks my car rich) <=that's my feeling
Old 11-22-2007, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by MBfan21
I haven't noticed any swirls in my black '03. Maybe I am not looking closely enough though. You don't HAVE to get the clear bra on a black car. I never got it installed on my current car. But the new C class which will also be in black, I am probably going to get it done.

I always thought white will get dirty. I don't know though. I'm thinking about it now and white would probably mask the dust better... but then if you drive through a big dirty puddle, it will look very ugly on your car.

You should go down to the dealership and see both colors in person.
A Problem is not wash car or not( but i agree white is easy get dirty, keep clean harder, make her look nicly when drive) A major problem is no one can't see his P.Roof , otherwise don't waste $$ add P.Roof
Old 11-22-2007, 01:53 AM

e92 335i
both are great, but white is easier to take care off.......
Old 11-22-2007, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Obsidian Black

I was debating between the reg black, obsidian and the steel grey. I finally decided on the obsidian black because I've always wanted a black car and what better to do it with than my first MB. Planning on getting clear bra pronto.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:27 AM

2008 C300 Sport 4matic
My dealer claims there's a high demand in white so good luck with that. I chose white as it emphasizes the AMG body better (Although it's not an actual AMG). I saw my first C350 on the road of Manhattan and it looked like any mercedes. You couldn't really get the gist of the new model. Mind you, I see head turns everytime I drive down the block. However, as I've always said "to each their own."
Old 11-22-2007, 04:31 AM

2008 C300 Sport 4matic
Also if you've been reading the previous threads... if you do get black, I'd suggest you to look into the clear bra. Just a suggestion.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:10 AM

2008 C300 4MATIC Sport
This is my ninth car and all but the first one has been black. Yes they are harder to keep clean, but I love the look...very classy.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:15 PM

w204-C300
Originally Posted by aansonsit
yes my friend w203 white colour , only two years later will hv little bit fades out, but hv many a tiny yellow dots on body, so if u don't mind pay $$ can do a paint protection job, is good !!
the paint protection will prevent the paint from that yellow dots, right? will it also prevent the paint from fading out? how much is the paint protection?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2007, 12:20 PM

w204-C300
Originally Posted by Krytech
Obsidian Black

I was debating between the reg black, obsidian and the steel grey. I finally decided on the obsidian black because I've always wanted a black car and what better to do it with than my first MB. Planning on getting clear bra pronto.
Is the obsidian black really looks much nicer than the reg black? If you're getting the clear bra, will you get the pre-cut of the custom one?
I'm thinking if I get the black color, I want to install clear bra on the entire hood. Not half of it. Is it possible though? What brand are you considering?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2007, 12:23 PM

w204-C300
Originally Posted by ora12
My dealer claims there's a high demand in white so good luck with that. I chose white as it emphasizes the AMG body better (Although it's not an actual AMG). I saw my first C350 on the road of Manhattan and it looked like any mercedes. You couldn't really get the gist of the new model. Mind you, I see head turns everytime I drive down the block. However, as I've always said "to each their own."
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The curves of the body will be more noticeable. White also looks great with the Pano roof.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by Andr3an
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The curves of the body will be more noticeable. White also looks great with the Pano roof.
I know that ORA12 would disagree with this, but I think the calcite white contrasts well with the pano roof... reminds me of the CF roofs on the M6. The problem, I fear, is that it is the featured colour on the brochure so the unimaginative people will naturally gravitate towards it.

Keep in mind that only white and iridium silver get colour-matched fin antenna. You get a black one with all the other colours
Old 11-24-2007, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
ooo? you can't decide??

EASY

GET HALF WHITE AND HALF BLACK!!!

aka white W204 with black roof
Old 11-24-2007, 11:52 PM

2005 C230K Sport Sedan, 6 speed manual
You asked for white car feedback. My car is white (althought it is a W203). I live in the desert, and there are several reasons to own a white car, other than the appearance.

1. White is cooler than black in our intense sun. This makes your car more comfortable.
2. White doesn't fade. Black will fade here after a few years, especially on the roof, hood, and trunk lid. The roof won't be an issue on your car with the panoramic roof.
3. White is an easier color to match, if you ever have to repaint a portion.
4. White shows the dirt less than black.
5. White shows paint swirls less than black.
6. White shows door dings less than black.
7. White cars get less attention from police than black cars (I don't have any official data to back up this assertion).
8. In this area, white cars are worth slightly more than black for resale.

I realize a lot of the above reasons are for the desert and hot climates. My overall opinion is that black is a really pretty color, but white is more practical. If you want a roof in a contrasting color, white is better than black with the pano roof. The contrast will be lost on a black car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black VS White