C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Bluetooth Phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mbenz06
So I bought a PCMCIA card and have all my contacts in outlook but have no clue how to send them over to the card as a VCF... Any help here?
Go into contacts. Select All (CTRL-A). Select Actions/Forward as vCard. A new email message will come up with all the contacts as VCF file attachments. Select all of the contacts in the attachment field (CTRL-A again). Drag them to your storage card.

Insert storage card into slot in the car. Go to Phone/Address Book/External and then import data.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Almost a Member!

C300
I guess I might have to switch my Sprint phone to different model. Currently, I can not even make or receive a call through Samsung SPH-A900 phone I have.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:39 PM

2008 C300 sport
I have a samsung as well and mine works, They told us at the dealership that most phones that are blue tooth enabled should work, unless they are pretty old. If you are having trouble getting it connected go to the dealership, they will set it up for you.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:39 PM

'
Originally Posted by dmunjal
Go into contacts. Select All (CTRL-A). Select Actions/Forward as vCard. A new email message will come up with all the contacts as VCF file attachments. Select all of the contacts in the attachment field (CTRL-A again). Drag them to your storage card.

Insert storage card into slot in the car. Go to Phone/Address Book/External and then import data.
Thanks for the help. So I did this but I couldnt drag from the attachments part of outlook to the storage card. I instead sent myself an email and dragged it from there. They were all in vcard format but when I inserted the card in my car and tried to upload, I got an error... Any advice?? Thanks guys.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:09 PM

Thanks for the help. So I did this but I couldnt drag from the attachments part of outlook to the storage card. I instead sent myself an email and dragged it from there. They were all in vcard format but when I inserted the card in my car and tried to upload, I got an error... Any advice?? Thanks guys.
Did you save the email or each individual file attachment? Each name in your address book should be its own VCF file on the drive.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:04 PM

'
Originally Posted by dmunjal
Did you save the email or each individual file attachment? Each name in your address book should be its own VCF file on the drive.
each individual file attachment which was in vcard format
Old 12-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Almost a Member!

C300
Originally Posted by tlk7866
I have a samsung as well and mine works, They told us at the dealership that most phones that are blue tooth enabled should work, unless they are pretty old. If you are having trouble getting it connected go to the dealership, they will set it up for you.
I got my Samsung cellphone less than an year ago. So, I can say it's not an old phone. I will take mine to dealership to get help now
Thank you for your info.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:18 PM

each individual file attachment which was in vcard format
I agree. Go to the dealer. It worked for me when I selected Import External Data.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:57 PM

Current: Accord EXLV6 w/Navi Previous: 2008 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Stick Girl
That's interesting. I have a Palm Centro and I have no problems with calls. Now, it didn't download my whole phone book (that is true), but I can go into each contact and select Send Contact --> BT and it'll pick it up.
Stick Girl, I just picked my C300 up just over a week ago and also have the Centro from Sprint. I have not had luck with getting the phone to stay paired with the vehicle. I did go through the manual setup, put the pin in, and once I get that far, the phone just won't connect. How did you get yours to work? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:07 PM

MB 2008 C300 sport, 2008 Rally blue Subaru Impreza 2.5 SI 1995 MB C280 W202
Originally Posted by peabers
Basically, most Bluetooth enabled phones should be able to connect to the COMAND system for voice capabilities. Personally, I am using a Blackberry 8800. The audio level is good, but I have not been able to transfer the address book over to the car.
Some BB phone do not have the option "transfer address book". My BB 7130e having the same issue. But my friend BB Curve...have the option to transfer address book to third party devices.... work great on his new S Class.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:09 PM

MB 2008 C300 sport, 2008 Rally blue Subaru Impreza 2.5 SI 1995 MB C280 W202
Originally Posted by dfranjko
Stick Girl, I just picked my C300 up just over a week ago and also have the Centro from Sprint. I have not had luck with getting the phone to stay paired with the vehicle. I did go through the manual setup, put the pin in, and once I get that far, the phone just won't connect. How did you get yours to work? Thanks in advance for your help.
your phone must be able to pick up MB Phone during paring. Once that is done..enter the security code. If that fail...try again... took me 4 times before I able to pair my BlackBerry and then enter security code to lock the device to the MB bluetooth.

IF still not working... bring this back to dealer and ask them to pair and connect for you.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350 Coupe Steel Gray
Originally Posted by dfranjko
Hey there. Congrats on picking up the new ride!

I got it to pair by holding it right up to the screen. I kept trying repeatedly like you and the only thing that made it work was holding the phone close. Since then, I haven't had to re-pair it or anything. It just picks the phone up when I turn the car on without any problems at all.

I'll check later and see what other screens on both the car side and the phone side I had to configure. In the meantime, give that a try and it should work then. Let me know.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:17 PM

2008 C300 4Matic Sport 2007 Acura MDX
Originally Posted by kimyoung_k
I guess I might have to switch my Sprint phone to different model. Currently, I can not even make or receive a call through Samsung SPH-A900 phone I have.
I have the same phone on Sprint and works via Bluetooth without any problems.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:13 PM

Current: Accord EXLV6 w/Navi Previous: 2008 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Stick Girl, thanks for the congrats and tip! Actually I was messing around with the system and here is how I got the Palm Centro to work: I went into the manual mode on the car and into the "Trusted Devices" area of the Bluetooth on the phone. Got through setting up the pin in the phone and car, it still would not sync up with the vehicle, but it was showing up as a trusted device. So next I went into the "Options" screen to search for my device, it showed up and I was able to complete the process through there. Now it works fine everytime I get in the car.

A note on Palm phones, the Centro has the newer bluetooth technology, which is working with the car. The other phones are older models and still have older bluetooth technology, which most likely will not work with the car.

Last edited by dfranjko; 02-11-2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-11-2008, 05:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350 Coupe Steel Gray
Cool beans, dfranjko! I'm glad it worked out. I do take for granted that it always works when I get in the car since I set it up. I knew it was something simple; I couldn't recall what I did.

I had the Treo 650 before the Centro and the BT was horrible, so I'm glad that I upgraded the phone before I upgraded the car!