C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Watching DVD's with car moving!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by micropower99
Hey, i'm glad it worked great for you, how long did it take you?
Total time took me about an hour. I spent like 30 mins alone trying to fiddle with the wiring and stuff to make it fit.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:41 AM

The following are directions to make your TV/DVD work while the car is moving.

I just did this on my car after hearing about it from my friend. my car is a german CLS 55.

1. press and hold the mute button, endcall button and service button at the same time for roughly 5 seconds.

2. press and hold the # button and * button and the < button next to the "ok" button" for roughly 2 seconds.

3. a menu will pop up on the right hand side asking for dvd regional code and car in motion tv/dvd code.

4. Uncheck the 0 km/h and 10km/h marks under the driving in motion menu. uncheck dvd regions as well.

hope this works for everyone~~~
Old 05-07-2008, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 220CDI Sport Auto Estate, Obsidian Black, Black leather, Heated Seats,Pan Roof, Comand,
Originally Posted by auclutch
The following are directions to make your TV/DVD work while the car is moving.

I just did this on my car after hearing about it from my friend. my car is a german CLS 55.

1. press and hold the mute button, endcall button and service button at the same time for roughly 5 seconds.

2. press and hold the # button and * button and the < button next to the "ok" button" for roughly 2 seconds.

3. a menu will pop up on the right hand side asking for dvd regional code and car in motion tv/dvd code.

4. Uncheck the 0 km/h and 10km/h marks under the driving in motion menu. uncheck dvd regions as well.

hope this works for everyone~~~
Just tried it on mine but to no avail. I think what you class as service button doesn't press in. Thanks for the input though.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:10 PM

2008 C300
The W204 model requires a bypass module. There is no menu "override code". I highly recommend the one from MidCity Engineering!

Works like a CHAMP!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Hazemonster
The W204 model requires a bypass module. There is no menu "override code". I highly recommend the one from MidCity Engineering!

Works like a CHAMP!
+1 Mine works flawlessly
Old 05-07-2008, 04:19 PM
XJ9

C350
Originally Posted by ManchesterMerc
Just tried it on mine but to no avail. I think what you class as service button doesn't press in. Thanks for the input though.
the code only works for older platforms and on euro cars.. All of the newer platforms (221,216,204, and 2009 R230) have had all engineering menus eliminated for just this reason...
Old 05-07-2008, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
think before you do.

Does anyone get road rage?
Of course, and most of the time the idiot wasnt paying attention to driving, so you get pissed.

If you wana be a stat put the vid in while driving, If you do something stupid, be prepared to deal with it.

There are enough stupid drivers in the world, we dont need any more.

And grow up guys, dont slam someone for there age, plenty of young drivers are better than you!!

Just look at how many young pro drivers are in F1.

I think if you use these post to help get the msg out on proper driving we can all relax a bit more in the roads.

PS. I am a fast driver.... but also have MAX insurance discount.
I have almost had accidents, but its cus I wasnt paying attention NOT cus I was over the limit. ( Bad idea on the moblie vid's )
Old 05-07-2008, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW
Of course, and most of the time the idiot wasnt paying attention to driving, so you get pissed.

If you wana be a stat put the vid in while driving, If you do something stupid, be prepared to deal with it.

And grow up guys, dont slam someone for there age, plenty of young drivers are better than you!!

I think if you use these post to help get the msg out on proper driving we can all relax a bit more in the roads.

I have almost had accidents, but its cus I wasnt paying attention NOT cus I was over the limit. ( Bad idea on the moblie vid's )

Have you ever thought that people who are getting VIM is so the passengers can watch dvd's while on long trips and not for the driver.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:02 AM

I have the 2008 C 350 sport. Irridium Silver Metalic,Multimedia Package,iPod,18" AMG wheels
here's the youtube link

Originally Posted by Krytech
There is a modification that can be done that allows you to watch Video while the car is In Motion (VIM). The dealer told me they 'know a guy' who can do the mods for $200, but you have to sign a waiver so when you wreck doing 90 watching p0rn you can't sue them.

There's a vid on you tube that shows a new C Class w/ VIM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_5Fk...FCE5A&index=10
Old 05-08-2008, 10:17 AM
XJ9

C350

I dont know... having the DVD on while driving gives me something to do while Im shaving, eating, and changing clothes... and with the audio system cranked I can barely hear the screams of the people Im running over...

Old 05-08-2008, 11:11 AM

99 DC2, 08 C350
Originally Posted by XJ9
I dont know... having the DVD on while driving gives me something to do while Im shaving, eating, and changing clothes... and with the audio system cranked I can barely hear the screams of the people Im running over...

hahahahaha
Old 05-08-2008, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by jo17jC230
Have you ever thought that people who are getting VIM is so the passengers can watch dvd's while on long trips and not for the driver.
Have YOU ever thought that Benz, didnt think of this already. Theres a reason they didnt put it in. If pass need entertainment there are aftermarket dvd players for the people in the BACK.

If you were drivin and your pass had a big reaction to somthing they saw, you would look and not consentrate on driving.

You really think if it was a good idea that they wouldnt do it?
Old 05-08-2008, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
I dont know how good the drivers are were you might live.
But im not kiddin the people out here will **** of a priest.
I do agree the idea is cool, but I know it will leed to some idiot watchin a movie and killin someone in on coming traffic.

I am a rager, and I really try to keep it under controll, but if someone hit my car while watchin a movie, ill send them to the dentist.

Maybe you are the exception and can put a moblie dvd in, but lets be honest, how will you react if I hit your car that you love, while distracted?
Old 05-09-2008, 01:00 AM
XJ9

C350
I dont know how good the drivers are were you might live.
But im not kiddin the people out here will **** of a priest.
I do agree the idea is cool, but I know it will leed to some idiot watchin a movie and killin someone in on coming traffic.

I am a rager, and I really try to keep it under controll, but if someone hit my car while watchin a movie, ill send them to the dentist.

Maybe you are the exception and can put a moblie dvd in, but lets be honest, how will you react if I hit your car that you love, while distracted?

Just like with many things in life there are people who are responsible and people who are not. I would hope that most people would act responsibly and can have things like a DVD in the car without crashing. So far its been my experience that they can but alas there will always be someone not paying attention.

I think the problem is that your worried about this one thing, DVD in the car when many many accidents are caused by far more innocuous things, like people talking on cell phones in the car. I noticed you didnt bring that up...
Old 05-09-2008, 06:39 AM

2008 C300
yeah...and I see people all the time text messaging while driving. Blackberrys probably cause WAAAAAAY more accidents that glancing at a DVD while it's playing.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:09 AM

2008 BMW 335i Coupe (Six-speed Manual)
EW's point was it is ANOTHER thing to distract you. Not even Bluetooth is fully effective since you are using a good part of your brain to have a conversation.

Thought about it in my car, but even I stopped watching DVDs in it.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by XJ9
Just like with many things in life there are people who are responsible and people who are not. I would hope that most people would act responsibly and can have things like a DVD in the car without crashing. So far its been my experience that they can but alas there will always be someone not paying attention.

I think the problem is that your worried about this one thing, DVD in the car when many many accidents are caused by far more innocuous things, like people talking on cell phones in the car. I noticed you didnt bring that up...
Ya your right about the cell phone's. But thats my point, just look at that as an example. The dvd will be no different.

You guys are all right, cell, blue tooth, make up, eating, ect.. Im not saying STOP everything, im just sayin its one more thing that a driver can do other than drive the car.

Ask your selves a question, If you are with your familly, and some one ran a light because they werent paying attention and hit your car, maybe someone gets hurt bad, How would you feel? or react?

By the way I hope you guys are all safe on the road, I dont wish anything bad on anyone.

On another point, someone said that people get into accidents due to other causes all the time. Do you think that reason justifys a smaller amount of deaths due to dvd distractions?. ( You dont really have to answer ) just makeing a point. We have all heard it before, most accidents are preventable,
if everyone drives within there means.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
yeah...and I see people all the time text messaging while driving. Blackberrys probably cause WAAAAAAY more accidents that glancing at a DVD while it's playing.
Have you ever heard of someone getting into an accident and they said I just looked at my radio for a second. It happens that quick.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:04 PM
XJ9

C350
Ya your right about the cell phone's. But thats my point, just look at that as an example. The dvd will be no different.

You guys are all right, cell, blue tooth, make up, eating, ect.. Im not saying STOP everything, im just sayin its one more thing that a driver can do other than drive the car.

Ask your selves a question, If you are with your familly, and some one ran a light because they werent paying attention and hit your car, maybe someone gets hurt bad, How would you feel? or react?

By the way I hope you guys are all safe on the road, I dont wish anything bad on anyone.

On another point, someone said that people get into accidents due to other causes all the time. Do you think that reason justifys a smaller amount of deaths due to dvd distractions?. ( You dont really have to answer ) just makeing a point. We have all heard it before, most accidents are preventable,
if everyone drives within there means.
I understand your point completely.. We all need to be very careful in many aspects of life. This is much like the gun discussion: yes guns kill people and many accidents happen because people dont act responsibly. The real question is whether we should make the decision to take things away from everyone because a few people are irresponsible...

I happen to believe that the liberties that we enjoy are far more important to keep even if it means some people get hurt and/or killed... Its a founding principal of our country and we should not give our freedoms up so easily. Nevertheless there is no reason why we cannot strive to make travel as safe as possible.

The way to do this is coming and that is to take the human driver out of the loop.. When cars become automated, accidents will become a thing of the past with only the occasional mechanical failure causing
an accident from time to time. Many of us like to drive and Im sure many people will miss driving but overall we will all be much safer.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
well you also make good points, and by the sounds of it are a careful driver.
Dont get me wrong im not an uptight guy, I love to drive and drive fast time to time, I weave, brake hard, time to time aswell, but I alwasy drive defencivly, and get pissed at people who just point and shoot.

Thats were I was coming from.

But I think we should move on to other topic.
Fun to debate this with you. later.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
well I'll be a monkeys uncal

If you go to the AMG section, under CLS 55 AMG ( 219 )
you will find instructions to put DVD in motion, Dont know if it will work in your C class.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:46 AM

2007 C220CDI W204
In a nutshell...

...can someone list the pros and cons of NavTV and MidCity modules and compare the two?

I need to choose between them and will like some advice.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:13 AM

2008 C300
The MidCity Engineering VIM is better. These guys work very closely with MB exclusively. NavTV makes systems for many different vehicles. MidCity's is in my vehicle and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. Easy to install, works GREAT, and less expensive than NavTV's.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:49 AM

1974 Bronco
The MidCity Engineering VIM is better. These guys work very closely with MB exclusively. NavTV makes systems for many different vehicles. MidCity's is in my vehicle and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. Easy to install, works GREAT, and less expensive than NavTV's.

Good luck with your decision.
TJ [midcity] told me they haven't tested it on a 6spd...but they anticipate it working properly; anyone here running it?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:39 AM

2008 C300
What would the transmission have to do with the COMAND? I don't see why it should not work...but hopefully someone with the 6spd will chime in to ease your mind. The product works exactly as advertised and all that have it are very pleased.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Watching DVD's with car moving!