C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Just bought New 2008 MB c300, and theres a leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'13 C300 '14 E63S '08 E92 M3
The fact is i never knew it has been towed before, thats what the roadside assistance said
We ordered the car like everyone else, waited for it to come.
Friday got the car, no problems, saturday no problems, sunday found leak.

So i dunno what the dealership did with the car before they gave it to us.

I got a call from them earlier today and they send they ordered a new transfer case from germany,
so they dont know how long it will take.

My son ordered jeans from germany and it took 2 days (well 1 and 1/2)
so dunno.
but ya who ever was dealing with the car before we took it home for the first time ****ed it up
Old 12-18-2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by omgitselaine
so correct me if im wrong but if im ever faced ...and im keeping my fingers crossed that i wont have to worry about it ....with someone needing to tow the car i should simply just say NO to anything but a flatbed moving the vehicle ??? TIA
umm not true

the Raodside assistance tower guy, did his job well, he went slow, no scratches no problems, it was probably on of the people who was delivering it to the dealership
but no, if uneed ur car towed, just make sure u watch them, otherwise its fine
Old 12-18-2007, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
they have to give you a loaner, or call MB
Old 12-18-2007, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
so its not that the car was "towed" - the car carrier who delivered it to the dealer somehow damaged the transfer case. is that it?
Old 12-18-2007, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
If it is 4Matic, then it should definitely be on a flatbed...dragging it by two wheels could cause damage to the transfer case because all four wheels are suppose to be moving. Did they put a dolly under the wheels that were not up on the tow hook so that no wheels on the car were actually moving during the tow?
Old 12-18-2007, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by IgorDj
The fact is i never knew it has been towed before, thats what the roadside assistance said
We ordered the car like everyone else, waited for it to come.
Friday got the car, no problems, saturday no problems, sunday found leak.

So i dunno what the dealership did with the car before they gave it to us.

I got a call from them earlier today and they send they ordered a new transfer case from germany,
so they dont know how long it will take.

My son ordered jeans from germany and it took 2 days (well 1 and 1/2)
so dunno.
but ya who ever was dealing with the car before we took it home for the first time ****ed it up
Lol I watched a guy unload new cars from the car transport and I'm guessing this is where your cars transfer case bit the dust. When pulling off an S class no problem, when pulling of an E class no problem, pulled off a C300 Lux no problem. When he went to pull off a C300 sport he had to go real slow as the "lips or indents" the wheels sit inside for transport would cause the car to bottom out. When leaving the trailer the ramp was at such an angle that he nearly scraped bottom pulling the car out because the sport sat so low with the ground effects. This guy was real careful, but I'm willing to bet they all aren't as nice. I'm glad I didn't watch my own car get unloaded ha ha. This could be where your car got injured, I don't think they put it up on a rack during the predelivery inspection unless something triggers the computer to a problem.

Did you by chance look under the car to see if the plastic apron was busted up?
Old 12-18-2007, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by omgitselaine
so correct me if im wrong but if im ever faced ...and im keeping my fingers crossed that i wont have to worry about it ....with someone needing to tow the car i should simply just say NO to anything but a flatbed moving the vehicle ??? TIA
Most if not all car nuts will tell you its best to have your car flat bedded. I should probably correct myself and say that the owners manual for 4matic equipped cars says to only flat bed, so as to not tear up the awd system.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:21 PM

my son went t othe dealer with the roadassistance man since iwas at work.

so no i didnt get to see the panel.

but ya. sum1 cracked the transfer case before it was given to us

i didnt get a loaner
mb just took the car and said they wll replace it
Old 12-18-2007, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
my son went t othe dealer with the roadassistance man since iwas at work.

so no i didnt get to see the panel.

but ya. sum1 cracked the transfer case before it was given to us

i didnt get a loaner
mb just took the car and said they wll replace it
You should have been given a loaner. I don't think its up the Benz but up to your dealership to get you one. I would be calling up Mercedes and telling them you want reemburst for the time you have lost with your car. Another poster on here had a problem with his car within the first few days of owning it, and called MB and they extended his warranty to 100k.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 1999 E320, 2008 C350
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
You should have been given a loaner. I don't think its up the Benz but up to your dealership to get you one. I would be calling up Mercedes and telling them you want reemburst for the time you have lost with your car. Another poster on here had a problem with his car within the first few days of owning it, and called MB and they extended his warranty to 100k.
If it's a problem caused during unloading from the original transporter, this is likely to become a p*ssing match between MB, the transporter and the dealer. Strictly speaking, it's not a "defect in material or workmanship" so it's not a warranty issue. That isn't to say that MB might goodwill it. But they're likely to need to be pressed. Good luck with this one.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by Baron Samedi
If it's a problem caused during unloading from the original transporter, this is likely to become a p*ssing match between MB, the transporter and the dealer. Strictly speaking, it's not a "defect in material or workmanship" so it's not a warranty issue. That isn't to say that MB might goodwill it. But they're likely to need to be pressed. Good luck with this one.
Good point. I think if they tried to pull that on me I would take the stand that it wasn't my car when the damage happened and they knowingly and willingly sold me a damaged vehicle without telling me. You can't sell a wrecked car as a new car, although its a stretch saying this car was "wrecked" it was still damaged before it was titled. Ha ha that would get some wheels a turning.

Either way, someone has to have insurance on the car while its being transported. So he might have to try and get the dealership, transport company, or MB to pay for it. With the way I saw them being unloaded I'm sure he can't be the only one out there to experience damage to the undercarriage. But, we still don't know if thats exactly what happened, it could very well have been a bad seal, or a faulty part and all will be covered under warranty.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:09 AM

OK so its been a week and the part hasnt come yet, so igo to the dealer ship and demand to know what the F is going on.

they apologize and said they might get the part boxing day.

so iasked about a loaner car.
guess what they gave me?

a piece of **** B-Class

omg am i pissed.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
OK so its been a week and the part hasnt come yet, so igo to the dealer ship and demand to know what the F is going on.

they apologize and said they might get the part boxing day.

so iasked about a loaner car.
guess what they gave me?

a piece of **** B-Class

omg am i pissed.
I know you are upset I'll be too, but it happens but at least seams they working as fast as they can
Old 12-22-2007, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 (W204) w/ MM, P1, & 18"amg's
Take that B class and beat the hell outa it. It will make you feel better
Old 12-22-2007, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
if i recall correctly most all the MB dealers in canada are owned by MB canada, correct?
Old 12-22-2007, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kar don
if i recall correctly most all the MB dealers in canada are owned by MB canada, correct?
probably
why?

ya i really wanna return the car with a bat through the windshield