C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Questions about fog lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Luxury 4matic
Questions about fog lights

How do you turn them on? I have my headlights set on Automatic and they go on when the light is low outside. I don't think my fog lamps go on either. The only thing I notice is sometimes one fog lamp will come on or the other will... I guess this is the driver assisted turning light? But why don't they both come on when you are turning. It looks malfuctioned with just one on.. is this normal?

Is there a setting where you can leave them on all the time with your headlights? I feel silly just driving with only one of those lights lit.

Also, you know the headlight settings.. where it says A, P, etc... are those lights on that panel supposed to be lit up as well during the night time? That control is dark for me except for the green symbol lit up underneath the circular knob.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:53 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Pull the light switch, first pull for front fogs, second pull for both front and back fogs.

You only get the the green lights on symbol and that of the the switch control only.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:14 PM

2008 C300 Luxury 4matic
There are back fog lights? I don't understand. What's the difference between front and back fog lights?
Old 12-26-2007, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by MBfan21
There are back fog lights? I don't understand. What's the difference between front and back fog lights?
dude, basic... read your manual... explains everything you ask above...
Old 12-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by rb23lb
dude, basic... read your manual... explains everything you ask above...
And STFF the forum. A lot of your questions have already been answered numerous times before.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Lol don't let the other posters deter you from posting, its a forum post away.

As for your question, on North American cars there is a single rear drivers side fog lamp. It's there so cars following you in foggy conditions will see you better and not rear end you. As for the other questions, I will assume you have the p2 package, because the fog lights on the p2 package illuminate at slow speeds when turning corners depending on which direction your turning the left or right fog light will light the corner. And for the other one, you can't have the fog lights on while the switch is set to auto, you must turn it to the headlights on position, then pull out one click for front, two for front and rear.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 Sport, MM, P1
Red face

yea i dont know why some people get so mean in these forums because you ask the same questions when they can simply ignore your post. they spend the time to post a reply telling you to look it up yourself. a lot of us are newbies to the forum and just want to get involved with the whole Q/A so give us a break or just ignore us! we can all be friends here cant we?
Old 12-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Savage c-300
yea i dont know why some people get so mean in these forums because you ask the same questions when they can simply ignore your post. they spend the time to post a reply telling you to look it up yourself. a lot of us are newbies to the forum and just want to get involved with the whole Q/A so give us a break or just ignore us! we can all be friends here cant we?
Please do a search in this W204 forum to see my response to this type of post.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:37 PM

2008 C300 Luxury 4matic
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
Lol don't let the other posters deter you from posting, its a forum post away.

As for your question, on North American cars there is a single rear drivers side fog lamp. It's there so cars following you in foggy conditions will see you better and not rear end you. As for the other questions, I will assume you have the p2 package, because the fog lights on the p2 package illuminate at slow speeds when turning corners depending on which direction your turning the left or right fog light will light the corner. And for the other one, you can't have the fog lights on while the switch is set to auto, you must turn it to the headlights on position, then pull out one click for front, two for front and rear.
Thank you very much for responding. This makes sense now. I was trying to pull the knob out while in the A position and wondering why it was not going. I will look for the rear fog light on the back of the car now to see what it looks like