C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Microsoft Sync System compared to Mercedes MM system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Microsoft Sync System compared to Mercedes MM system

We all have seen the commercials where the two dudes in the car call out MP3 names and have them pulled up on the screen, and we have seen the commercials using the name Microsoft to get peoples attention...

How does this voice activated mutimedia system stack up against the MB MM system available on the w204???

Don't know much about the Microsoft system, but some people say nothing else can compare right now... Is it really that much better than MB MM?? What does ford have in their system that we don't that makes it so much better?
Old 12-28-2007, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cee Fiddy Five
Ford had a couple presentation cars at NU earlier this year and they were letting people try it out. I've got to say the system worked really well. Haven't had my hand at any MB systems yet though.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
One thing it'll do is sync with my phone flawlessly because of the Microsoft OS....now I know why all of the Blackberry and Palm OS's work great with the MB system and my Microsoft OS doesn't get along....

Purely from the MM standpoint (and I love the MB MM), I should have bought another Mustang...could've gotten a Saleen for the price of my 350...
Old 12-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 C350 Sport / Steel Gray / MM / AMG
I've been using (and writing applications) MSFT voice recognition and text-to-speech software for 10 years now. Does Sync have better software? I'd have to say yes. The MM system (while as a whole will top any other complete audio/video/nav system out there) has much to be desired as we all know. While I had no issue syncing my blackberry, I rarely (if ever) use the voice command system to make any calls. It's too much of a hassle. On the other hand, I would always use the voice dialing with my MotoQ (running microsoft mobile) and still do using my blackberry pearl. MB failed to "one up" some basic functions in the MM system that have been around for some time including basic nav interaction features and voice activated integration of cell phones and portable music players.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Well for starters the Sync system is a $395 dollar option compared to $2950 for the Multi Media package, but you can't even compare these two. The Multi Media package is a host of options ranging from navigation to a logic seven surround sound system. Sync is just a fancy way of accessing your radio and phone controls.

I will have to admit I haven't used the Sync system first hand so for those that have answer me this. On the comercials the guy pushes the button and says play Michael Bolton and a song starts, obviously done for comercial purposes as it starts in the middle of the song. My question is, when you say a name, can you say an artist and song name, or does it just do artist names? Would seem pointless if all you could do is make it play artists and not a specific song.