C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

this forum sucks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
1. we are all people, just fun modding or driving our benz, not many of us a real tech..
2. "NO NEWS ARE GOOD NEWS" do you like to hear lot of bad things about W204??
3. if no modding or whatever around, why don't you start and pimp out your car now and to be unique??
4. i love JDM
Old 01-06-2008, 10:08 AM

w204
And u call this thread Boring...
Old 01-06-2008, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by rb23lb
boring boring boring! nothin new or groundbreaking has been posted in sometime... starting to find benzworld.org much more informative....

yall should migrate over there
^^how come you have not posted a new groundbreaking thread who is boring now :s pam:
Old 01-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by XJ9
that is true.. i have noticed that benzworld seems to be running a bit slower thses days but that may well have to do with them growing and not keeping up as far as the server capacity.

The whole "which forum is better" is a bit of a argumentative question: most people I know simply frequent both. There seems to be some questions that get asked on one and not the other. I do tend to see more technical posts over on benzworld but less overall posts, there seems to be more technical contributors there that i dont see here. Generally there are more general and common posts here.

In the end it doesnt really matter... both forums are pretty good.
Benzworld has changed ownership at least once, I think maybe twice. Each time they supposedly upgraded to new faster servers. iirc, they're owned by a large internet company based out of Toronto, Canada. The reason I reckon it's so slow now is because of the million ads they have all over the place.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:33 PM

2008 - S550 4Matic, 2010 - E350 4Matic, 2010 - C350 4Matic
I can tell you that modifying your Mercedes-Benz cars is something that is just not done here. I would say 95% of all cars around here, are just as they come from the factory.

Another point is that I have not seen many modifications that I would regard as a major improvement.

There are some people living in this area that have relationship to the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia and these people order cars that are "aliened to us" as far as colour and extras are concerned and when I saw these super cars, prior to delivery I was in shock not in awe. Even the Benz employees could only muster a smile, no admiration here.

Another point is that the MB Warranty is null and void if you change some major components and few people are skilled enough to change or adjust the electronic components for the better.

Another point is what a member wrote and I agree whole heartedly, some people are just not mechanically inclined. Count me in on that group, because the car has two holes for me, one where the gasoline goes in and on where the smoke comes out and I have no idea what happened in between these two holes and yet I am a MB enthusiast. My parents only drove MB and I drive MB for many years. I am sure MB would put me into one of their top customer categories, especially in Canada.

Now a person who started to modify Mercedes-Benz cars was a fellow who's name is Ernst Lieb. Ernst was president of Mercedes-Benz Canada for many years. He worked with AMG and modified his cars long before these two firms were associated and he took a lot of heat for doing so. Ernst was President of MB and Chrysler in Asia and is not president of MB America. Now if you want to have a friend for modifying MB cars that is the ideal person to talk to.
By the way he likes motorcycles too. No he does not ride a Harley, he rides an Indian, one of a few in Canada.

As you can see, some of us are not mechanically inclined and yet know a lot about the brand, sometimes more than the sales staff at the dealerships.

So maybe the 204 Forum is on cruise control, but as soon as something needs attention, we are all here to assist and enhance the enjoyment of the MB ownership experience.

Jorg
Old 01-06-2008, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by MidnghtPressor
dang, way to rustle some feathers.

thanks people for gettin stirred up and showing a little cyber anger at such a ill natured thread...

lakerzforsho ***** his pants he got so upset
Old 01-06-2008, 04:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 W204.081; M 272.948 KE30; Colour Code#792
So I take it this was a sociological experiment?

It worked, though...
Old 01-06-2008, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55

thanks people for gettin stirred up and showing a little cyber anger at such a ill natured thread...

lakerzforsho ***** his pants he got so upset
Awesome....this guys a bigger douche than me! I didn't think such a thing existed.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
...it just has some different stuff sometimes that slips by here....
Then why don't you post the stuff that slips by here?
Old 01-07-2008, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
I agree it is a new model and there has been a lag since the "rush" of information from last summer when the car was released, but it is still informative and there are a constant supply of Newbie's that need questions answered. And most of them, like myself, had no idea what STFF meant for quite a while.

When things lag on the W204 forum, I find it entertaining to do some reading on the AMG forums. If you want a chuckle you should check out some of the AMG Poser threads...those guys can be harsh.