C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

ipod integration switching playback modes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C300 4Matic Luxury - Steel Grey/Black MBTex/P1/MM
ipod integration switching playback modes

Something I didn't see much for documentation on, is the ipod interface.

For those that haven't figured it out yet, if you hit the hangup button (left key on the right side of the steering wheel) while you have the ipod control up on your console, it will toggle between the different playing modes. You can use the OK key to select what you want, etc.

I still havent figured out a way to enable scrolling though. :-\

Hope that helps someone else. Anyone else run across anything cool?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Very cool tip!!! Thanks. I'll share that with some others.

Question -

Considering adding the ipod kit myself (seen it in friends). If you have the iPod kit, can you still control the iPod in the glove box, or does the car take that control method away?

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by mac911

Question -

Considering adding the ipod kit myself (seen it in friends). If you have the iPod kit, can you still control the iPod in the glove box, or does the car take that control method away?

Thanks.
It puts up a mercedes logo on the screen, which the bootup i believe means its a dennisson icelink kit. As such, I don't think you can control it at all from there, but I haven't personally tried.

Generally speaking, I'd assume no.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350 Coupe Steel Gray
Considering adding the ipod kit myself (seen it in friends).

Did you get an estimate for installing it? I got $488 parts and $470 labor. Ouch!
Old 01-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 C300 Iridium Silver. 2009 Black R350

Question -

Thanks.
i could not control the IPOD while its plugged to the integration.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
You will have no control of the iPod when it is connected. As far as the "scrolling"- you can scroll through playlists, tracks, etc but will not have a "full screen" to choose from. Create your playlists and let it roll. I paid $340 for the kit (new amp included) and $300 in labor. It did take all morning to get installed though.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:25 PM

2008 C300 4Matic Sport 2007 Acura MDX
Originally Posted by visions
It puts up a mercedes logo on the screen, which the bootup i believe means its a dennisson icelink kit. As such, I don't think you can control it at all from there, but I haven't personally tried.

Generally speaking, I'd assume no.
The newer icelinks had the ability to have the controls on the ipod unlocked, but I think after they 'sold' icelink to apple they used the older stable firmware on car installs.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Stick Girl
Did you get an estimate for installing it? I got $488 parts and $470 labor. Ouch!
Yeah they told me $749 total. I think I'll pass for now cause I like having the control in the globe box too, for passenger, so it would be more of a wash for me, if I got the kit. I'd gain wheel control, but lose glove box control.

If you're usually the only one in the car, it is probably much more important.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:51 PM

Renault Megan
Originally Posted by achu717
i could not control the IPOD while its plugged to the integration.
I think the ipod integration kit also adds a AUX-In port, so you can choose wether you prefer to control the ipod on the steering wheel, or in the ipod wheel. You just can't do both at the same time.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350 Coupe Steel Gray
Yeah they told me $749 total. I think I'll pass for now cause I like having the control in the globe box too, for passenger, so it would be more of a wash for me, if I got the kit. I'd gain wheel control, but lose glove box control.

If you're usually the only one in the car, it is probably much more important.
I'm usually alone in the car, but I hate that there is no cutout for the cable. It sticks out of the side like a sore thumb. That is the main reason that I wish I had gotten the kit.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Stick Girl
I'm usually alone in the car, but I hate that there is no cutout for the cable. It sticks out of the side like a sore thumb. That is the main reason that I wish I had gotten the kit.
Stick girl, also, if you just want to be able to go to the next track in a playlist, or pause or something, you could get one of the little griffin remotes, plug onto the bottom of iPod (it even has a connector on the bottom of the add-on if you want to plug in power still), and then have the remote sitting in the cup holder or the next seat (it's wireless), and reach over and change to the next song, when you want. I think I'm going to do this. Like 40 on amazon.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
You will have no control of the iPod when it is connected. As far as the "scrolling"- you can scroll through playlists, tracks, etc but will not have a "full screen" to choose from. Create your playlists and let it roll. I paid $340 for the kit (new amp included) and $300 in labor. It did take all morning to get installed though.
I was referencing the song scrolling... all you see is the first x number of characters then "...". I'd like to see it left to right scroll. Are you saying there is a way to activate that?