C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Calgary: Dealership experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW 323i
Calgary: Dealership experience?

Hello all,

I am still fairly new here... I drive a 2006 BMW 323i that I own and I am starting to get a bit sick of the attitude of the "Service" department at the dealers here in Calgary.

I also like the new C300 A LOT... you can see where this is leading?

Although I have been a BMW fan all my life, the service experience at the dealers here is making me think hard about making a switch to MB. I have driven modern Benz's and they are actually similar driving to BMWs which is good.

My question is this: Could some Calgarians please share their dealership experiences? I want to know if I'd actually be improving my situation! I am especially interested in service experiences. I hear that Hyatt is better for good service than Lonestar, but this may be wrong.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:49 PM

C350 4MATIC Premium Package Obsidian Black
hey glad to have another canadian aboard.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'13 C300 '14 E63S '08 E92 M3
You are lucky my friend, because i am Calgarian!
lol

I went to LoneStar, got a guy named Denis.
GO there and tell him (Joe/Radomir) sent you ok?
He is really great, he knows what he is talking about.
Pretty fast delivery, Everything was alright, ( i did have a prob with the power steering, but that was Germany's fault)

Ive been in many BMWs, trust me, if you trade in your BMW for the c300, you will be happy you made that decision. The c300 has 23x HP i believe*forgot*, so if ur BMW has more dont worry, the Benz is so muhc nicer inside, you love it.
Or if u wanna keep the BMW and drive the Benz thats a good idea.
IF you have anymore questions, pm your msn.
Ya so go visit LoneStar Mercedes, and tell him (radomir sent you, i think i used my real name and not nickname. say both, Radomir, or Joe)
Old 02-07-2008, 07:03 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2001 Mercedes CL500 2006 E350 4-matic
I have no personal experience with the Hyatt Service Department, but I can highly recommend the Lone Star Mercedes dealership.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:05 PM

ya same.
Went straight to lonestar, didnt even bother Hyatt
Old 02-07-2008, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by epiphone3
Hello all,

I am still fairly new here... I drive a 2006 BMW 323i that I own and I am starting to get a bit sick of the attitude of the "Service" department at the dealers here in Calgary.

Although I have been a BMW fan all my life, the service experience at the dealers here is making me think hard about making a switch to MB. I have driven modern Benz's and they are actually similar driving to BMWs which is good.

My question is this: Could some Calgarians please share their dealership experiences? I want to know if I'd actually be improving my situation! I am especially interested in service experiences. I hear that Hyatt is better for good service than Lonestar, but this may be wrong.
go for the C350 and you'll never look back
Old 02-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 BMW 323i
Thanks for the replies so far, guys!

My thing is this... my car hasn't been problematic at all, but the other day I got a weird problem where my 323i went into "limp" mode and had a "Check Engine Light." I have 42,500 km on the car. I limped the car home on reduced power and stopped and started it a few times and was able to get rid of the limp mode but not the CEL on that day. I call the dealership and, AS USUAL, no body answers the phone. I can NEVER get someone on the phone at the freakin' service department. So I leave a message saying I have an urgent problem and describe and no one calls back. Try to call an hour later and of course can't get anyone on the phone (called a different line this time) so I leave another message. Closing time goes by and no body calls me.

I went to bed hoping that my car would get the limp mode again when I go to drive it in the morning concerned for safety, etc. It drove perfectly fine in the morning but still had the CEL. 11:00am in the morning comes and they still haven't called me back. So I call them, they put me hold for like 15 minutes, then I talk to this rude girl Lindsay. I tell her my problem and that I was crawling up the highway at 45 km/h because the car couldn't go any faster when it was on limp mode and all she does is sound annoyed and says that she can give me an appointment 2 and half weeks later. I asked for a loaner and she said I couldn't be given one because I bought my car at the other dealer in Calgary (they are owned by the same guy and their sales staff were jerks and played games to me, that's why I bought at the other one). Anyway, I said I'd take the appointment and commented on their bizzarre customer treatment.

Later that day, my car ran perfect and eventually the CEL turned off and never came back. Car is perfect. I must have just got a slug of water in the gasoline or something.

The long and the short of it is that the car is not problematic, but I found out that if I do ever have a problem that may even render the car undriveable, I am completely on my own and they will only offer an appointment like 2-3 weeks later... that is a bad thing if you need your car!

Anyway, now I am in the position where getting scheduled service requires me to wait weeks for service and the staff aren't courtious at all and they have TERRIBLE communication. They never call back and they have forgotton entirely to service my car twice when in with an appointment and fit it in quickly when I called them at 3pm in the afternoon to see if my car was ready because they never called me. Plus, I tell them that I am on my way to pick up my car and that I will be there at a certain time and they never have my car ready... I always have to wait like 30 minutes with my dick in my hand for my car even though I told them I would be there.

What would my Mercedes experience be like at Lonestar or at Hyatt?????
Old 02-07-2008, 09:54 PM

they treat everyone there like they are buying an SLR Mclaren or like anycar is worth over 120 grand.
Lonestar is your best choice.

If anything goes wrong, they try to fix it as soon as possilb,e but also the important part, doing it right the first time.
Like i said, Go ask for Dennis and tell him Radomir(If he can't remember who Radomir is, tell him it was the guy with the Transfer Case problem) Sent you. You will be treated well.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:25 PM

2008 C300
I was in Calgary today and saw a HOT C350 4Matic fully fully loaded!!!

The dude was asian and had a SUPER HOT girlfriend...he was taking her to Chinook Centre to spend some of his cash no doubt. Are you on here?

Anyways, it was white like mine but didn't have tinted windows. His was still cooler because of the extra options and the super hot passenger.

His had a Hyatt licence plate frame.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:04 AM

meh/.. i only say what ive got expierence from, and what others had with hyatt, seams to me lonestar better.
Lol you know what i noticed, when you see ppl driving the same car as yours, you always think theres is better
Old 02-08-2008, 12:54 AM

MB 2008 C300 sport, 2008 Rally blue Subaru Impreza 2.5 SI 1995 MB C280 W202
Originally Posted by epiphone3
Hello all,

LET me let you know the secret... the service with BMW dealerships in Toronto is the same ....BAD and Arrogant.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:58 AM

MB 2008 C300 sport, 2008 Rally blue Subaru Impreza 2.5 SI 1995 MB C280 W202
Originally Posted by MikeInCanada
I was in Calgary today and saw a HOT C350 4Matic fully fully loaded!!!

The dude was asian and had a SUPER HOT girlfriend...he was taking her to Chinook Centre to spend some of his cash no doubt. Are you on here?

Anyways, it was white like mine but didn't have tinted windows. His was still cooler because of the extra options and the super hot passenger.

His had a Hyatt licence plate frame.
Thanks for the compliment ...that is my other mistress

Last edited by sou98; 02-08-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 BMW 323i
Thanks again for your replies guys...

IgorD, I got your PM and thank you! I may be paying them a visit.

It sucks being in a position where you have a car that you love but are thinking of getting rid of it and taking a loss on depreciation just because the dealerships don't give you the service or courtesy that they should.

I don't want to be in this position again! THis is why I am hoping to get continuing feedback on the MB dealers in Calgary.