C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Delivery & Warranty Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Passat V6 GLX
Delivery & Warranty Questions

Hi,

only my 2nd time posting - my mother purchased a C300 4Matic Luxury - and I had some questions about the car delivery process and random warranty questions...

Delivery - after 2 months of waiting - it's finally arriving. Is there anything to specifically watch out for? I've read the thread about tire pressures so I'll check on that. Does the dealer usually configure the car's settings (i.e. auto lock, etc.)?

Warranty - the dealer is trying to push for purchasing an extended warranty (3 yr/ 100K) for $3700. We aren't planning on buying but just curious if these warranties are fixed prices or the dealer makes it up..any thoughts?

Also - the dealer is also saying that there is a tire warranty for an extra 400-500 bucks? What's this about. I've never heard about this in any other car purchases. The mbusa.com site doesn't really help figure anything out with warranties...are the tires/rims at all covered by Mercedes?

Thanks for any advice/help! I'll be posting pics this weekend after pick-up..its Barolo Red - i haven't seen any of those here on the board.

Last edited by lurgee79; 02-21-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
528i, GLK
Originally Posted by lurgee79
Hi,

only my 2nd time posting - my mother purchased a C300 4Matic Luxury - and I had some questions about the car delivery process and random warranty questions...

Delivery - after 2 months of waiting - it's finally arriving. Is there anything to specifically watch out for? I've read the thread about tire pressures so I'll check on that. Does the dealer usually configure the car's settings (i.e. auto lock, etc.)?

Warranty - the dealer is trying to push for purchasing an extended warranty (3 yr/ 100K) for $3700. We aren't planning on buying but just curious if these warranties are fixed prices or the dealer makes it up..any thoughts?

Also - the dealer is also saying that there is a tire warranty for an extra 400-500 bucks? What's this about. I've never heard about this in any other car purchases. The mbusa.com site doesn't really help figure anything out with warranties...are the tires/rims at all covered by Mercedes?

Thanks for any advice/help! I'll be posting pics this weekend after pick-up..its Barolo Red - i haven't seen any of those here on the board.
The dealer suppose to do some inspection before the hand off. I would however inspect EVERYTHING before taking delivery and obviously don't fork over the check before you do.

I can't tell you about the warranty, its a matter of insurance one must weight themselves. IE, do you get store warranty for your 50" LCD flat? some swears by it, some don't. This is the first year for w204, so no reliability data to go by. I believe you have upto one year before making the extended warranty purchase. Your dealer should have told you that. I plan on seeing how my car runs for about 9 months and then decide.

Tire warranty? Now, that's new and perhaps offered by your dealership, not MBUSA(?) For 400-600, what does it include? Unless it includes life time tires for the vehicle? I wouldn't do it, for 225/17" non-staggered wheels, mich pilot sport is about $180 each on tirerack, conti pro all season, $120 each... Why bother with dealer's warranty?

Last edited by webada; 02-21-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Does the dealer usually configure the car's settings (i.e. auto lock, etc.)?
You can ask your sales person t
Old 02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Hi,

only my 2nd time posting - my mother purchased a C300 4Matic Luxury
I forgot
CONGRATS! on your Mom's new car and wellcome to MBW