C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Dealer Recommendations in NYC Area?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport Soon!
Dealer Recommendations in NYC Area?

Hiya folks,

First off, let me say that this forum has been great fun to read, and has pretty much solidified my decision to go with the C300 Sport (was considering the Caddy CTS for a while, but it's obvious the C300 gives more bang for the buck!).

In any case, now that I have made up my mind, I need to get to the dealers, and try and track down my build (C300 Sport, 6-Speed Manual, P1, MM, 18" AMG Tires, and Pano). Unlikely any of the dealers will have it in-stock (called a few and no luck, as expected), so I will be looking to order, which I know means at least another 2 months drooling on this forum. I have noticed a number of fellow Brooklynites and New Yorkers on the boards, and was hoping you may be able to share/recommend your experiences with the local dealers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Dan (aka waydown)
Old 02-23-2008, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Sovereign in Brooklyn (Google them) has very good service.

I bought an 05 C240 from them CPO...

When I was on the lot I noticed two of the rims had some mild curb rash - they offered to replace them before I even asked.

Got home and noticed:
small hole in the shifter boot
condensation in the light housing on the passenger side mirror
small nail in one of the tires.
I did not like the way the center console latch was closing (required a lot of force)

I took it back to them and they replaced the entire shifter, the bad tire, the light housing in the mirror, and the entire center console lid no questions asked.

Last edited by acr2001; 02-23-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:52 PM

2008 C300 4Matic Sport 2007 Acura MDX
Originally Posted by waydown
Hiya folks,

First off, let me say that this forum has been great fun to read, and has pretty much solidified my decision to go with the C300 Sport (was considering the Caddy CTS for a while, but it's obvious the C300 gives more bang for the buck!).

In any case, now that I have made up my mind, I need to get to the dealers, and try and track down my build (C300 Sport, 6-Speed Manual, P1, MM, 18" AMG Tires, and Pano). Unlikely any of the dealers will have it in-stock (called a few and no luck, as expected), so I will be looking to order, which I know means at least another 2 months drooling on this forum. I have noticed a number of fellow Brooklynites and New Yorkers on the boards, and was hoping you may be able to share/recommend your experiences with the local dealers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Dan (aka waydown)
Not sure if Paramus is too far for you but Prestige was great for me. $500 over invoice back in November and the car was in stock. They're the largest MB dealer in the east, second in the country to Fletcher Jones in Cali. Ask for Nick Avianto, no pressure salesguy that helped me.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:42 PM

'08C300 White w P2,MM,Pano
^ I concur. Prestige is pretty awesome. got my c300 sport w/Pano,P2,MM,and Ipod. $1000 below sticker and they threw in some weather mats!But its pretty long ways out for me atleast.

Anyone try:
MB Manhattan?
MB Massapequa?
Silver Star MB on Northern?
Lakeview MB?
Rallye MB?
Old 02-23-2008, 07:27 PM

06 CLS55 AMG
Purchased our C from MB of Smithtown, part of the Competition Network of dealers. 08 C300 Sport 4MATIC, auto, palladium silver over black, PII package with iPod - paid $500 over invoice, and they didn't charge me extra for the metallic paint (gave the car at the same price it would have cost with the base paint). Car was in stock, and we took delivery of it within 3 days. Honest, prompt, courteous service.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:33 PM

W212 2011 E-350 4Matic
I purchased my C300 4Matic P.silver PII pack
I dunno about placing orders and wait time for that
but I purchased an in-stock car within 3 days.

one thing would be the lack of phone service.
hard to catch a sales rep.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 GLB35, 2007 E350, 2014 ML350 4Matic, 2008 C350 Sport
Hiya folks,

Many thanks in advance,

Dan (aka waydown)
Dan, Sovereign in Brooklyn. Ask for Jack or Avi, they are the guys who handle the fleet orders, stay away from the regular salesmen. Those guys are great, they were able to get me my factory ordered car in under six weeks. They threw in a load of accessories and a good price to boot. I have used Sovereign for a few years and I agree with the other poster that their service is great too.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:03 PM

C300 Sport Soon!
Thanks, Everyone!

Thanks for the replies, everyone. It really is appreciated. I think I certainly have enough to start with. Since I live in Brooklyn (Park Slope), I am going to start off with Sovereign and MB of Manhattan. One more question though... is it recommended to get the car serviced at the same dealership where the car was purchased? For example, even though I live in Brooklyn, if I buy the car at Sovereign, it would probably be more convenient to get the car serviced in Manhattan, since that is where I work. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan (aka waydown)
Old 02-24-2008, 12:09 PM

88 560sl, 08 c350
make sure you shop around before coming to any decision. i went to the mb dealers in manahattan and all gave the same price for my c350. then i went to the mb dealer in white plains, westchester and they gave me a better deal then any of the previous dealerships.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:23 PM

2021 GLB35, 2007 E350, 2014 ML350 4Matic, 2008 C350 Sport
Thanks for the replies, everyone. It really is appreciated. I think I certainly have enough to start with. Since I live in Brooklyn (Park Slope), I am going to start off with Sovereign and MB of Manhattan. One more question though... is it recommended to get the car serviced at the same dealership where the car was purchased? For example, even though I live in Brooklyn, if I buy the car at Sovereign, it would probably be more convenient to get the car serviced in Manhattan, since that is where I work. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan (aka waydown)
Sovereign gives you a loaner car for free as a courtesy if you bought the car there. I'm not sure about MB of Manhattan as that's a choice by individual Dealer.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:09 PM

W212 2011 E-350 4Matic
MB of Manhattan will provide you with a car (dunno if its free)
but you need to make the request 1 month in advanced.

I live in queens and the nearest "official Dealer" is located on the Norther Blvd but I get my car services at MB of Manhattan.
IMO as long as if its an official MB dealer, you should choose a location that is most convenient for you
Old 02-24-2008, 05:03 PM

2016 C400 4Matic
Originally Posted by syrAMG
MB of Manhattan will provide you with a car (dunno if its free)
but you need to make the request 1 month in advanced.

I live in queens and the nearest "official Dealer" is located on the Norther Blvd but I get my car services at MB of Manhattan.
IMO as long as if its an official MB dealer, you should choose a location that is most convenient for you
did you get your car from Helms? you dont like their service?
Old 02-24-2008, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
for ny'ers here who bought their cars in NJ - who registered the cars for you and got the plates? and who did the NY state inspection for you? I've bought cars in NJ before, but its always a pain having to do plates and registration yourself, and most especially taking a brand new car to your local mechanic to get a NY State inspection on it.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 M113K
Originally Posted by Oh Cool
Sovereign gives you a loaner car for free as a courtesy if you bought the car there. I'm not sure about MB of Manhattan as that's a choice by individual Dealer.
yes mb manhattan gives you loaners if you buy from there
Old 02-24-2008, 05:26 PM

1996 - C220/2001 - ML430/ 2005 RX-330
I've only lived here about a year and bought mine back in Arkansas, but Silverstar in Queens is where I have had mine serviced ever since I've been here and they have been great. They have done work for me several times, all minor, but I would recommend them for service. Plus there is a subway stop right there at the building if you don't want to do the loaner. I live in Williamsburg Brooklyn so its closer to me than the others, plus I try to avoid driving into Manhattan unless its absolutely necessary. I also use Lexus of Queens for my Lexus as well. Of course I think I am insane to have 2 cars here when I never even drive them anymore except to move them for alternate side street cleaning!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:03 AM

W212 2011 E-350 4Matic
Originally Posted by kfm999
did you get your car from Helms? you dont like their service?
I've never been to Helms I heard they are pretty good
but my work place is located on times square so its only a brisk walk to MB of Manhattan. (purchase and inspection)
Old 02-25-2008, 02:18 PM

528i, GLK
Originally Posted by 02S430
yes mb manhattan gives you loaners if you buy from there
mb of manhattan will give you loaners even if you didn't purchase your vehicle there but you must schedule and request it ahead of time, usually 2 weeks in advance. They said they give loaner preferrence to customers who actually purchase the cars there but somehow I doubt it.

do some social engineering and call their services dept for an appointment, see what happens. in fact, you should be doing that to the dealership you are purchasing it from and the dealership you are thinking to get serviced at.

Last edited by webada; 02-25-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:56 PM

01 S4 6spd-Eurotuner mar.05, 08 c300 6spd, P1-MM- 18`s, 2010 Cayenne GTS 6spd, 98 5.9 Jeep
Try Lakeview Mercedes....

I actually dealt with one of the owners there i got the same car minus the Pano they located the car for me took about 2 weeks..........................
Old 02-25-2008, 08:16 PM

'08C300 White w P2,MM,Pano
Originally Posted by nyca
for ny'ers here who bought their cars in NJ - who registered the cars for you and got the plates? and who did the NY state inspection for you? I've bought cars in NJ before, but its always a pain having to do plates and registration yourself, and most especially taking a brand new car to your local mechanic to get a NY State inspection on it.
Bought mine in NJ but live in NY
got my plates on friday w/ reg. Did the inspection this morning at a friends body shop... really doesnt matter where you go, the price is always going to be the same...I think 37 bucks (around there)