C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

k&n filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
stop lying micro.....you don't have to lie to kick it wish i could go to your canada meet
Old 07-13-2008, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Flame3g
stop lying micro.....you don't have to lie to kick it wish i could go to your canada meet
Haha I swear! Honestly, I didn't notice any power gains but this is one thing I did notice. (And a minor sound difference). Anyways I'm off to the meet, hopefully it all goes well. You gotta move up north flame3g haha
Old 07-13-2008, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Wink I have several Questions for you all ON K & N

Originally Posted by micropower99
Hey Guys.

So I finally put in the K&N's today. First notice it was a little more touchy on the throttle response and a very mild engine growl (barely noticeable). As long as I don't get any MAF problems I'm very happy I'll post updates if I ever have a problem.

Regards,

Daniel
I been debating for the past ten month i got this car i should put the on or not install the K & N filters once thing ill love to know if there is a noticeable sound change how much of a difference is there when you install the K & N filter second my concern is with maf sensor with it get dirty i know i wont reoil it but at how many mile do we need to clean our filters if it every 15000 mile or every7000 miles or every 6000 miles or every 20000 mile i dont know i think ill just buy a new one not to risk it does anyone in here have an ideal how long can u go usually without cleaning it i am concerned if i install it will i end up with a bad maf sensor can anyone conclude to this or have any experience form there past how much more growl does the engine sound can anyone put a sound clip on this forum about the K & N filters installed and when you all iNSTALL YOUR FILTER YOU SHOULD ALL DO A COMPUTER RESETSO YOUR CAR GOES BACK TO ORIGINAL FOR SETTING

Step to Reset the TCU. Resetting the TCU will reset transmission to factory shift points and the car will 'relearn' your driving style.

1. Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.
2. Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.
3. Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.
4. Wait at least two minutes for TCU to reset

i have done this sevareal time s after i cleaned my oem filters at 7000 miles and driven slow there after i get better fuel milage

So who ever please can give me info on my question i would appreciated alot:rol f:

Last edited by ATSOBE; 07-13-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
so thats how you rest the TCU thanks!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 C280
Originally Posted by ATSOBE
I been debating for the past ten month i got this car i should put the on or not install the K & N filters once thing ill love to know if there is a noticeable sound change how much of a difference is there when you install the K & N filter second my concern is with maf sensor with it get dirty i know i wont reoil it but at how many mile do we need to clean our filters if it every 15000 mile or every7000 miles or every 6000 miles or every 20000 mile i dont know i think ill just buy a new one not to risk it does anyone in here have an ideal how long can u go usually without cleaning it i am concerned if i install it will i end up with a bad maf sensor can anyone conclude to this or have any experience form there past how much more growl does the engine sound can anyone put a sound clip on this forum about the K & N filters installed and when you all iNSTALL YOUR FILTER YOU SHOULD ALL DO A COMPUTER RESETSO YOUR CAR GOES BACK TO ORIGINAL FOR SETTING

Step to Reset the TCU. Resetting the TCU will reset transmission to factory shift points and the car will 'relearn' your driving style.

1. Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.
2. Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.
3. Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.
4. Wait at least two minutes for TCU to reset

i have done this sevareal time s after i cleaned my oem filters at 7000 miles and driven slow there after i get better fuel milage

So who ever please can give me info on my question i would appreciated alot:rol f:
Will there be a sound or a beep or anything to indicate that it has been reset already? thanks!