C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

my ship crashed (sort of)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c350
my ship crashed (sort of)

So my wife and I have been waiting and waiting for our c350 to arrive (original scheduled date to dock was 2/22/08). Later on the sales man said that the ship is delayed and will arrive on 3/6. I called today to follow up on the delivery date and he now says it will be delayed some more, it's schedule to dock on 3/13 now. All this time I forgot to ask him the vessel name. I finally remembered to ask today and he said it was the "centaurus leader." I used the ship tracker link provided in another post and found no records. A quick google search led to this result: http://www.americanshipper.com/SNW_story.asp?news=85099 . The ship ran aground. Now there's a huge gash on the side of the ship reminding me of the fairly recent oil leak in the bay area from another ship. Hopefully the ship will sale as scheduled without further delays. I hope no one else has been waiting for their car and find that's it's on the same ship. Now I'm wondering what the 2009 models will have.

here's another link that states the ship is being repaired:

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open...9410615697.php

Last edited by mingo; 03-07-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
dont tell me you live in canada and ur boat is going to halifax.

i'll s h i t all over the place if thats the case cuz ive been waiting since fukin october
Old 03-07-2008, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
oh no, im waiting for my car to (im in Ontario, Canada)
it was suppose to arrive "march"
Old 03-07-2008, 02:29 PM

C350 4matic Obsidian Black
I Live in Van BC... Will this affect my delivery?! OMG... I've been waiting since September 07... If the 09 version comes out in a couple of months after I pick up my ride, I'm gonna be soooooo pissed off! Hope there isn't any distintive cool new features for the Canadian 09 version. Damn it!!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:35 PM

2008 c350
Originally Posted by JCOnizuka
I Live in Van BC... Will this affect my delivery?! OMG... I've been waiting since September 07... If the 09 version comes out in a couple of months after I pick up my ride, I'm gonna be soooooo pissed off! Hope there isn't any distintive cool new features for the Canadian 09 version. Damn it!!
my guess is that the Canadian models are already updated. you guys get the key less go and memory seats. It's us USA buyers that have to worry about updated for the 09 model. I am located in California. You should call your sales guy to see what ship your car is on. the Bimmer forum people have been tracking this ship as if their lives depended on it. They have a very informative post that can be found here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=258133
Old 03-07-2008, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wow thos guys are serious

"talked to the coast guard"

here I thought, I was obsessed with my car, lol.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:50 PM

2008 c350
Originally Posted by angeloxnet
wow thos guys are serious

"talked to the coast guard"

here I thought, I was obsessed with my car, lol.
yeah that's what I thought when I read that. they did everything short of chartering their own boat to follow the ship. There's another post of people looking up the panama canal camera captures to track their boat.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:49 PM

c300
Yeah, the BMW guys get crazy about their ordered cars ... you should've read the outcry of posts when that one ship had damaged cars.

It was like a millions of voices cried out in unison and then were suddenly silenced ....

Out of curiousity, why are you guys waiting so long for ordered cars? What options are holding them up? I was at the dealer the other day and they had quite a few on the lot. Finally.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:17 PM

C350 4MATIC Premium Package Obsidian Black
wow bro you have been waiting since september??? that really sucks. after reading this post i am skeptical my car will arrive in April. my build date was scheduled for march/01. at this rate we might see the 09 for sale before we get our cars. the only additional add on i can see MB doing is a reverse camera. besides that the car with MM package is loaded.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:59 PM

2008 c350
Originally Posted by oblu
Yeah, the BMW guys get crazy about their ordered cars ... you should've read the outcry of posts when that one ship had damaged cars.

It was like a millions of voices cried out in unison and then were suddenly silenced ....

Out of curiousity, why are you guys waiting so long for ordered cars? What options are holding them up? I was at the dealer the other day and they had quite a few on the lot. Finally.
I think it's the mm and p2 that held it up and also the 18" rims. possibly the leather too.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:46 AM

2011 C63
Originally Posted by vcruiser
dont tell me you live in canada and ur boat is going to halifax.

i'll s h i t all over the place if thats the case cuz ive been waiting since fukin october
oh no, im waiting for my car to (im in Ontario, Canada)
it was suppose to arrive "march"
Don't worry guys, the ship in this article is headed to Brunswick, Giorgia..... not the New Brunswick here I got worried too

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Brunswi...i=map&ct=title

I think the hold up for us is the 350 4matic.... At least that's what it is for me... I've beeen waiting since Sept, and my sales guy has called me 3 times to offer me other cars that people turned down, but weren't 4matic like I originally ordered

According to what he said, there are 2 ships with cars on them, on there way to Canada... one early march, one mid- end march....

Patience my friends
Old 03-08-2008, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol i wish i had ur salesguy, they havent called me to at least offer anything
i would of been interested, that makes me angry!
Old 03-08-2008, 03:37 AM

i'm from van. bc as well been waiting since early oct. for my c350 4matic obsidian black was told it would arrive in the first week of march but still no word =(
Old 03-08-2008, 11:57 AM

Lol Best of luck to us all waiting for deliveries man. I'll let you guys know when mine would be ready to pick up... That is of course if my dealers do call me
Old 03-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Almost a Member!

ML350
Originally Posted by Peter_Biz
.. I think the hold up for us is the 350 4matic.... At least that's what it is for me...
It is definitely the C350 with the 4matic that is causing the delays. There are a lot of 300s being produced. You have to remember that they are only producing the 350, 4matic for Canada (just referring to the North American market). As such, the demand for them in North America is only coming from the Canadian marketplace. If you wanted a C300 (4matic or not) or just the C350, I believe the wait is not as long.

I could be wrong though.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:04 PM

question for Havoq and JCOnizuka. Which MB dealer did you guys see in the lower mainland??
Old 03-10-2008, 01:21 PM

I got mine from Richmond Auto Mall
Old 03-10-2008, 02:39 PM

I got mine from Richmond Auto Mall
so you have been waiting since September? what explination did they give you?? When your ordered did they give you a build date? i bought mine from burnaby and they told me that the build date was for March 01. if you have been waiting since september i am very doubtful that my car will be here by april.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by blastit
so you have been waiting since September? what explination did they give you?? When your ordered did they give you a build date? i bought mine from burnaby and they told me that the build date was for March 01. if you have been waiting since september i am very doubtful that my car will be here by april.
What C class are you getting? Apparently, there is a longer wait for the 4matic version especially the C350 I think since I've read alot of forum about this. I ordered mine in Sept. The dealer didn't call me about the build date until Jan and told me the Build date is around Feb. Called them in late feb and told me that the car build has finished and currently been waiting for shipping at the ship yard. They said it should arrive around mid March. So depending on what you are getting and they did told u ur Build Date was in March 01, then it should arrive in april.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Is it the demand, the wait, or my dealer's lack of customer service

I "ordered" in November, was told March delivery
followed up... then end of March

So I asked for a build date, and now I am told April, so May delivery.

I have a feeling my dealer didnt even place an order for me, does it really take that long? is it really that much demand?

Novemeber order, May delivery? I dont have an exact build date, VIN# or anything. I am almost ready to ask for my deposit back and buy an audi TT instead.

I ordered a C300 sport with COMMAND NAV (not 4matic)
Old 03-10-2008, 06:56 PM

What C class are you getting? Apparently, there is a longer wait for the 4matic version especially the C350 I think since I've read alot of forum about this. I ordered mine in Sept. The dealer didn't call me about the build date until Jan and told me the Build date is around Feb. Called them in late feb and told me that the car build has finished and currently been waiting for shipping at the ship yard. They said it should arrive around mid March. So depending on what you are getting and they did told u ur Build Date was in March 01, then it should arrive in april.
i ordered a c350 4matic in obsidian black with MM. i hope you are right.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:35 PM

MB w204 C300 Sport, Audi B7 A4 2.0TQ, Porsche Cayman 981
Is it the demand, the wait, or my dealer's lack of customer service

I "ordered" in November, was told March delivery
followed up... then end of March

So I asked for a build date, and now I am told April, so May delivery.

I have a feeling my dealer didnt even place an order for me, does it really take that long? is it really that much demand?

Novemeber order, May delivery? I dont have an exact build date, VIN# or anything. I am almost ready to ask for my deposit back and buy an audi TT instead.

I ordered a C300 sport with COMMAND NAV (not 4matic)
Did you put a deposit down back in November?
I ordered in November as well. But when I placed the order, I paid a $1000 deposit and they gave me a build date of December 11. They gave me a netstar report with a PO/Order number.

When I followed up on December 11, they said it was delayed until January 11.

It was in fact built on January 11 and it was assigned a boat for Feb 9th departure. The boat arrived on the east coast this past weekend, and my sales agent says I can expect delivery to west coast by March 26.

I guess what I'm saying is that from day one, I was provided an order number with a Netstar report. If they never provided you with one, then they probably kept selling their allotments until you started to say something.

So to answer your question - poor customer service.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by blastit
i ordered a c350 4matic in obsidian black with MM. i hope you are right.
Lol I hope I am right myself as well. I ordered the exact same one as yours even the color. haha.. Anyway I'll let you know when mine arrived. then urs should be come soon after haha
Old 03-11-2008, 06:47 PM

2008 C300 Sport
There are some cars enroute via rail to Vancouver, left Halifax last week and are scheduled to arrive week of Mar 17th. My C300 sport is on this shipment.
Hope this helps ease your anticipation, it hasn't for me
Old 03-11-2008, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Benzagain
There are some cars enroute via rail to Vancouver, left Halifax last week and are scheduled to arrive week of Mar 17th. My C300 sport is on this shipment.
Hope this helps ease your anticipation, it hasn't for me
wow if my car was on this shipment i would be highly impressed. i very much doubt that i will be that lucky. since the build date on my car was march 01

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my ship crashed (sort of)