C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Intake and exhaust for c300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C-300/ 19' maya MRS black wheels H@R Springs//powerchipped//Brabus Trunk spoiler//HID Fogs//
Intake and exhaust for c300

I had a custom intake made for my c300 along with my powerchip and the intake was a diaster. Does anyone know if there are real intake being made for the c300 and how about exhaust? i wanted to get the brabus exhaust but it doesnt fit on the c300 sport only the luxury version! WTF?!?!?! If anyone can set me up with exhaust for my c300 sport that would be glorious
Old 03-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 mercedes 300c sport
i have always just went to a garage by my house that builds exhausts and had them do it. I always go with a 3 inch and no mufflers. Had it on an 04 volvo s60r which sounder amazing and on my 02 altima 3.5 and 00 maxima. they have no problem making them to fit and also it only cost me about 375.00 installed. People are going to talk about back pressure and other stuff and on new cars it does not make that big of difference. Then they will mention stanless steel that costs triple the price so I would just go non SS. Good luck....The dealership let me take one of for a test drive and i went by his shop and had him do all of the measuring so the day i get my car i will stop in and have it put on. I will post some pics and sound when installed. It will not have the car til end of april though. How do you like the chip and do you have any hp and tq numbers and also how much and where can i get one?

Thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
A CAI system is basically worthless on a modern Naturally Aspirated car. The chip you have is probably designed to perform with stock intake readings.

Why won't the Remus fit the Sport? There is thread in which Remus indicates the exhaust is for the 350, which we all know only comes in Sport trim.

BTW, I have had exhaust systems that reduce back pressure way too much and they rob engines of torque, period.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:04 PM

2010 E350 SP / Honda Crosstour / prior vehicles - C32 modded / C300 modded / Lincoln LS modded
Cold Air

Would it just make sence to use K & N Filters, or is there a Intake system similiar to what I did on my C32 wit the SL splitter to get more air in the engine. Possibly the C63 will have larger air intake than the regular c's that can be retrofited or developed.

Also, How much HP increase out of the Power Chip. Is it noticeable? How much?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by evanswan
Would it just make sence to use K & N Filters, or is there a Intake system similiar to what I did on my C32 wit the SL splitter to get more air in the engine. Possibly the C63 will have larger air intake than the regular c's that can be retrofited or developed. Also, How much HP increase out of the Power Chip. Is it noticeable? How much?

Bare with me. I have to do this quickly:

I had a N/A car a while ago that I installed a CAI system on and removed it in favor of just a K&N drop-in. The drop-in improved throttle response immediately. The CAI seemed to hurt the performance. I have heard others in VW and Audi forums complain about the CAI. I think in the old days of carburetors, it was easier to get performance from cold air induction. Now the ECUs monitor everything and if it is not programmed to account for more air (denser and colder), than it is capable of eating with the factory air box, it's a waste of time.

I think the first logical step would be to get rid of air faster via a better exhaust system.

With turbos, it's a completely different story, a lot of cooler more dense air is being forced into the intake and the car is tuned to accept it. ECU upgrades can adjust when the turbo spools up and can adjust the air/fuel mixture and timing accordingly.

No matter what chip you use on a N/A car, you can't increase air coming into the intake, so the hp difference between chipped and stock is small.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Well, CAI's still help on cars with poorly designed intake systems from the factory. If you look at your car, you can see how the factory has already made a cold air system so it won't help to replace it.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Banned

na
Originally Posted by broke_R
i have always just went to a garage by my house that builds exhausts and had them do it. I always go with a 3 inch and no mufflers. Had it on an 04 volvo s60r which sounder amazing and on my 02 altima 3.5 and 00 maxima. they have no problem making them to fit and also it only cost me about 375.00 installed. People are going to talk about back pressure and other stuff and on new cars it does not make that big of difference. Then they will mention stanless steel that costs triple the price so I would just go non SS. Good luck....The dealership let me take one of for a test drive and i went by his shop and had him do all of the measuring so the day i get my car i will stop in and have it put on. I will post some pics and sound when installed. It will not have the car til end of april though. How do you like the chip and do you have any hp and tq numbers and also how much and where can i get one?

Thanks

This is one of the worst exhaust modification you can do to a vehicle. I HIGHLY unrecommend this modification.

With a 3" pipe vs 2.5", you will loose a lot of exhaust velocity which will hurt high end horsepower. Plus running straight pipes instead of mufflers will create an unwanted drone and resonance inside the cabin. Moreover, going with non SS materials will alter the sound and make it even louder as SS is great at reflecting sound frequencies.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=REMUS;2732555]This is one of the worst exhaust modification you can do to a vehicle. I HIGHLY unrecommend this modification.

With a 3" pipe vs 2.5", you will loose a lot of exhaust velocity which will hurt high end horsepower.QUOTE]

I am not alone. Now, when will we see it installed on your customer's C 300?