E-Class (W214) 2024 -

W214 In the wild

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday | 11:02 AM
Veteran: Army

W214 E450
W214 In the wild

Has anyone seen another W214 out in the wild? I haven't seen any and I've been looking. I see many C-class cars of various years and some S-classes as well, but for the E-class, I only see W212s and W213s out and about. I know it's only the first year that they have been out even though we have the second model year. I like having a somewhat unique car but would be nice to see some different W214s out there.
Old Yesterday | 11:47 AM

2025 E450 Sedan: 2019 E450 Coupe
I picked up my 2024 on May 13th, and since then I have seen a total of 2 on the road. I also look. Now that I have my 2025 I haven't seen any. I see plenty of C's a few new S. I also have a W238 (2019 Coupe) and I see more of those which are also not that common. True it has been out for a number of years. I think it is just another indication of how SUV's have taken over the automobile market.
Old Yesterday | 11:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by L1Wolf
Has anyone seen another W214 out in the wild? I haven't seen any and I've been looking. I see many C-class cars of various years and some S-classes as well, but for the E-class, I only see W212s and W213s out and about. I know it's only the first year that they have been out even though we have the second model year. I like having a somewhat unique car but would be nice to see some different W214s out there.
I guess it really depends on the area, there are so many here in Toronto.
Old Yesterday | 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They are plentiful in central Florida with 3 in my neighborhood. I'm one of the last holdouts with my W213.
I'm avoiding any purchase containing an LI battery due the fire hazzard when wet. There were 2 recent fires here.
We are getting 10" of rain today.
Old Yesterday | 02:29 PM

W214 E450
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
I guess it really depends on the area, there are so many here in Toronto.
I'm sure it does. I live in the country and the most common vehicles are pickups. Many of them lifted. I do see lots of MBs but just not the new E.
Old Yesterday | 02:30 PM

E350
Niche Car

I haven't seen another one in my area (east metro Atlanta). My sales rep said the E450 is hard to get and don't last long on the lot. Additionally I don't think the average person is willing to pay $78,500 plus for a passenger car that can comfortably hold only 4 adults. I think those of us who purchased the E450 are niche buyers who wanted this type vehicle and could afford it, including the cost of ownership (maintenance and insurance).
Old Yesterday | 02:33 PM

W214 E450
Originally Posted by ua549
They are plentiful in central Florida with 3 in my neighborhood. I'm one of the last holdouts with my W213.
I'm avoiding any purchase containing an LI battery due the fire hazzard when wet. There were 2 recent fires here.
We are getting 10" of rain today.
Do you know if those fires were full EVs, hybrids, or mild-hybrids?

Also, hope you are good with the storm. I have family and friends in Tampa/Clearwater area. All have evacuated and waiting it out hoping their house is still there when they return. I moved from Clearwater 14 years ago and do not miss the hurricanes.
Old Yesterday | 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Do you know if those fires were full EVs, hybrids, or mild-hybrids?

Also, hope you are good with the storm. I have family and friends in Tampa/Clearwater area. All have evacuated and waiting it out hoping their house is still there when they return. I moved from Clearwater 14 years ago and do not miss the hurricanes.
All of the above have recently caught fire in Pinellas County.
Florida officials said on Tuesday that they had since confirmed 16 lithium-ion-battery fires related to Hurricane Helene's storm surge, six of which were in EVs.
Florida's heavy rainy season storms almost guarantee that one cannot avoid street flooding and water exposure to LI batteries. IMO the batteries should be sealed in waterproof enclosures.

We are OK on top of "Mt. Pinellas" in the Countryside/Palm Harbor area.

Last edited by ua549; Yesterday at 03:36 PM.
Old Yesterday | 03:42 PM

Mazda CX-5
have seen only 1 450 in the wild here. 2 or 3 350s. But I do live in Northern Long Island - so Es are slum level cars here (more 911s, RRvrs, S Class). In fact - i have seen more Maybachs in lsat 6 months than Es!
Old Yesterday | 04:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

I'm sure it does. I live in the country and the most common vehicles are pickups. Many of them lifted. I do see lots of MBs but just not the new E.
You don't say, there are much more GLEs here than the W214, I mean if the GLE was all new like the W214 then I am sure I will see those more than a W213 for example.
Old Yesterday | 04:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by PSims
I haven't seen another one in my area (east metro Atlanta). My sales rep said the E450 is hard to get and don't last long on the lot. Additionally I don't think the average person is willing to pay $78,500 plus for a passenger car that can comfortably hold only 4 adults. I think those of us who purchased the E450 are niche buyers who wanted this type vehicle and could afford it, including the cost of ownership (maintenance and insurance).
Ya niche describes it pretty much, given how popular SUVs are in North America, people with that kind of money (sadly) certainly will choose an SUV. Another much rarer sight than sedans are wagons then of course coupes and convertibles. Niche for sure.
​​​​​​
Old Yesterday | 04:51 PM

2025 E450 Sedan: 2019 E450 Coupe
The LI battery in the W214 is located in the trunk where the spare tire was in the past. It is not a very big battery at all. If you lift the trunk floor you will see a small flap and the battery is below that. Looks to be protected from water, unless the car got flooded.
Old Yesterday | 06:46 PM

GL450, E450
I haven’t seen one on the road yet in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
As I was walking to my car in the parking lot at Walmart today, a lady was taking a picture of my E450 as I approached it. She said it was so beautiful she was sending a pic to her daughter…
Old Yesterday | 07:02 PM

W214 E450
Originally Posted by Hicksra
I haven’t seen one on the road yet in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
As I was walking to my car in the parking lot at Walmart today, a lady was taking a picture of my E450 as I approached it. She said it was so beautiful she was sending a pic to her daughter…
Nice! I've had similar interactions along with lots of people commenting on the car and how much they like it. The younger generations really like the ambient lights. My son who is 23 is suggesting I put lights in the wheels and underneath but that's not something I would do. I like it the way it is.
The following users liked this post:
Hicksra (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by estark
The LI battery in the W214 is located in the trunk where the spare tire was in the past. It is not a very big battery at all. If you lift the trunk floor you will see a small flap and the battery is below that. Looks to be protected from water, unless the car got flooded.
We often have axle deep water when it rains. The choice is stay where you are when it rains heavily or drive through it. Here when we get a couple of inches of rains it will be sunny, cloud up, rain and be sunny all over a couple of hours.
Old Yesterday | 10:52 PM

W214 2024 E450
I have seen exactly 1 other W214 since I picked mine up early July. Not sure what model it was as it pulled up alongside me but I was in the turn lane and had to drive away first.

I have gotten quite a few compliments about how the W214 looks, most recently from an elderly lady in a Costco parking lot of all places. She kept praising how 'classy' it looked.
Old Today | 02:53 AM

Living in one of the largest metropolitan cities I have only encountered less than 4 new W214s out in the wild and a few dealers around me already have 25 models incoming or sitting on lots. The vehicle is stunning and is a flagship design with MB right now in the US market, it also blends in extremely well when parked on a busy street (IYKYK). I prefer the W214 over my previous EQS with AMG interior/exterior and I picked it over the GLE when shopping for a new vehicle. Just the other week I was at my tint/wrap shop. I had a small crowd form around the car for a bit as they were immensely impressed with the W214 sleek design language such as the taillights and many interior features such as the superscreen/4D audio and ambient lighting set-up.