Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Help me find a Sandisk SDHC to PCMCIA reader! >

Help me find a Sandisk SDHC to PCMCIA reader!

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Help me find a Sandisk SDHC to PCMCIA reader!

 
Old 03-28-2008, 12:34 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
itcrashed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 387
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB w204 C300 Sport, Audi B7 A4 2.0TQ, Porsche Cayman 981
Help me find a Sandisk SDHC to PCMCIA reader!

I can't seem to find any Sandisk 6-in-1 PCMCIA readers anywhere!

Can someone lead me to a vendor who has them?

Anyone using Compact Flash? I suppose I can go that route too.
It just seems kinda pricey for the capacity.
itcrashed is offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 12:56 AM
  #2  
Out Of Control!!
 
e1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: OC
Posts: 18,677
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
e1000 is offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 12:58 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
itcrashed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 387
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB w204 C300 Sport, Audi B7 A4 2.0TQ, Porsche Cayman 981
thats not sdhc
itcrashed is offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 01:03 AM
  #4  
Super Member
 
jstaneff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 648
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-300, XC70, Wrangler
Actually, the 3rd one is. The color is slightly bronze, and if you enlarge the image, it's SDHC. But it points out that you have to be careful when you purchase.
jstaneff is offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 08:35 AM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
tanktube67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SFV CA
Posts: 4,434
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by itcrashed View Post
I can't seem to find any Sandisk 6-in-1 PCMCIA readers anywhere!

Can someone lead me to a vendor who has them?

Anyone using Compact Flash? I suppose I can go that route too.
It just seems kinda pricey for the capacity.
Best Buy, Circuit City, Ebay, fry's, Staples or any computer store
tanktube67 is offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 09:15 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 252
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster, 2006 Lexus RX400h
I found a bunch on eBay but the pictures do not say SDHC even though the description does so I guess you'd have to chance it..

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...le=sdhc+pcmcia
schvamf is offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 10:40 AM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
tanktube67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SFV CA
Posts: 4,434
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by schvamf View Post
I found a bunch on eBay but the pictures do not say SDHC even though the description does so I guess you'd have to chance it..

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...le=sdhc+pcmcia
This one works
http://cgi.ebay.com/SDHC-SD-XD-MMC-t...QQcmdZViewItem

there are a few theads about car reader
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...t=card+readers

Good luck
tanktube67 is offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 10:51 AM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SE Penna, USA
Posts: 139
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 1999 E320, 2008 C350
Originally Posted by itcrashed View Post

Anyone using Compact Flash? I suppose I can go that route too.
It just seems kinda pricey for the capacity.
I found a 2gb Compact Flash card and adapter on Amazon. (I finally got it to work with my iPod files). Something like $50 for both with shipping.
Baron Samedi is offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 11:18 AM
  #9  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 126
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 560SEL, 1981 300SD, 1983 300SD, 2008 C350
I've seen 16gb SDHC memory cards recently.
rebel_mtc is offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 03:03 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
 
Anakclk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lynnwood,WA
Posts: 48
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 AMG GT S, 2015 GL550 & 2013 ML550
I just got one from Ebay. It costs me $19 and works great. Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SDHC-SD-MMC-MS-P...QQcmdZViewItem
Anakclk is offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 10:58 PM
  #11  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 126
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 560SEL, 1981 300SD, 1983 300SD, 2008 C350
Does it work with SD-HC or just ordinary SD?
rebel_mtc is offline  
Old 03-30-2008, 02:05 PM
  #12  
Junior Member
 
Anakclk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lynnwood,WA
Posts: 48
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 AMG GT S, 2015 GL550 & 2013 ML550
Originally Posted by rebel_mtc View Post
Does it work with SD-HC or just ordinary SD?
Yes, it does work with my 8 GB SDHC.
Anakclk is offline  
Old 03-31-2008, 12:46 PM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Savage c-300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,009
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 Sport, MM, P1
i found mine at best buy for $15 open box. it was by the camera section.
Savage c-300 is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 AM
  #14  
Newbie
 
tian87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350 2008
HI guys...Im having trouble with this... Can anyone help please..! the case is that i have bought a PCMCIA Card and a SDHC 4.0GB card then i put some mp3 songs in the card from the computer but then when i tried it in the car.. the car says that there is no files/mp3.... is there a certain type of files that the car can read?? or is it a normal mp3 file?!?!
tian87 is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 01:40 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
itcrashed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 387
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB w204 C300 Sport, Audi B7 A4 2.0TQ, Porsche Cayman 981
Originally Posted by tian87 View Post
HI guys...Im having trouble with this... Can anyone help please..! the case is that i have bought a PCMCIA Card and a SDHC 4.0GB card then i put some mp3 songs in the card from the computer but then when i tried it in the car.. the car says that there is no files/mp3.... is there a certain type of files that the car can read?? or is it a normal mp3 file?!?!
your pcmcia adapter isnt SDHC compatible...look at the previous links...others have been very helpful in locating some on ebay and such.
itcrashed is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 09:24 AM
  #16  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SE Penna, USA
Posts: 139
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 1999 E320, 2008 C350
Originally Posted by itcrashed View Post
your pcmcia adapter isnt SDHC compatible...look at the previous links...others have been very helpful in locating some on ebay and such.
Either that or you're (as I did) copying files from iTunes to the card. iTunes uses proprietary M4P files which COMMAND can't read.
Baron Samedi is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 09:41 AM
  #17  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MIRAMAR,florida
Posts: 204
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the 2008 C 350 sport. Irridium Silver Metalic,Multimedia Package,iPod,18" AMG wheels
Sandisk 6-in-1 PCMCIA

Originally Posted by itcrashed View Post
I can't seem to find any Sandisk 6-in-1 PCMCIA readers anywhere!

Can someone lead me to a vendor who has them?

Anyone using Compact Flash? I suppose I can go that route too.
It just seems kinda pricey for the capacity.
I JUST BOUGHT ONE FOR $14.95 AT BEST BUY, OR YOU CAN ORDER ONE AT AMAZON.COM , MY ONLY DISSAPOINTMENT IS THAT IT DOESNT PLAY VIDEO FILES, IT WOULD BE COOL TO DO SINCE ITS ALREADY CONNECTED TO THE NAV/DVD COMMAND, BUT ANYWAYS I HAVE A 2GIGS CARD WITH OVER A THOUSAND SONGS PLUS ON THERE...GOODLUCK.
franka2000 is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 11:54 AM
  #18  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Has anyone had any luck finding the Sandisk 6-1 SDHC adapter? I live in the Bay Area and have been to Staples, Frys, Office Depot and Best Buy. No luck.

I would try Amazon, but as noted above, 2/3 of the product pictures are not HC and I am not sure if I should chance it. (I bought the 8 GB card.)

Any advice would be appreciated!
castrosf is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 12:23 PM
  #19  
Member
 
Star & Laurel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 208
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 350 Obsidian Black
I checked my local Best buy and the do not carry the SD adapter to PC card. So I ordered the 6-1 that was listed on Amazon and no luck with it working on HC cards. Supplier seems cool with the return. I found another one on Ebay, (no name) from hong kong for cheap, and after checking with the supplier I am told it will work with SDHC cards. so I will let you know if it works. SD adapters to PC cards seem to be hard to come by. Might have better luck with just basic compact flash and PC card. they seem to be carried at most local electronic stores.
Star & Laurel is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 01:48 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
itcrashed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 387
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB w204 C300 Sport, Audi B7 A4 2.0TQ, Porsche Cayman 981
Originally Posted by Star & Laurel View Post
I checked my local Best buy and the do not carry the SD adapter to PC card. So I ordered the 6-1 that was listed on Amazon and no luck with it working on HC cards. Supplier seems cool with the return. I found another one on Ebay, (no name) from hong kong for cheap, and after checking with the supplier I am told it will work with SDHC cards. so I will let you know if it works. SD adapters to PC cards seem to be hard to come by. Might have better luck with just basic compact flash and PC card. they seem to be carried at most local electronic stores.
I ended up going with CF because I've had troubles finding and SD reader with HC capability without buying it overseas and waiting for it. I ended up buying a 4GB CF for about $40 at costco and you can pickup a CF to PCMCIA adapter pretty much anywhere.
itcrashed is offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 10:20 AM
  #21  
Super Member
 
hpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 536
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 C300
What shows up on the screen when you use the PCMCIA card. Just a useless list of file names, or does it actually show mp3 tags and allow you to sort by Artist, Song, Playlist etc.
hpilot is offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 10:46 AM
  #22  
Member
 
Star & Laurel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 208
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 350 Obsidian Black
It displays the folders just how you put them into the memory card. I know you can have a folder within a folder, but I thought I remembered someone saying it cant read any "deeper" than that. Best way is to organize like how Itunes does it automatically. "Artist" then folders within that are "albums" then it will list your songs.
Star & Laurel is offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 11:33 AM
  #23  
Super Member
 
hpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 536
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by Star & Laurel View Post
It displays the folders just how you put them into the memory card. I know you can have a folder within a folder, but I thought I remembered someone saying it cant read any "deeper" than that. Best way is to organize like how Itunes does it automatically. "Artist" then folders within that are "albums" then it will list your songs.
OK thanks. This pretty much makes the PCMCIA useless for sorting. I don't do folders - only tags. I have over 3,000 songs, and the only "true" and practical way to sort is with tags. Another lost opportunity for MB!
hpilot is offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 11:40 AM
  #24  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SE Penna, USA
Posts: 139
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 1999 E320, 2008 C350
Originally Posted by hpilot View Post
OK thanks. This pretty much makes the PCMCIA useless for sorting. I don't do folders - only tags. I have over 3,000 songs, and the only "true" and practical way to sort is with tags. Another lost opportunity for MB!
I've admitted that I'm new to MP3 files, but can't you do your sorting in the PC application and then just copy over to the memory card?
Baron Samedi is offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 12:42 PM
  #25  
Super Member
 
hpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 536
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
I've admitted that I'm new to MP3 files, but can't you do your sorting in the PC application and then just copy over to the memory card?
No. You might be able to copy a series of playlists (if Comand can read them), but that would simply be a static list of songs - not a dynamic sort. Sorting by folder is very primitive and constraining. For example, if I wanted to play all the songs in one genre, it would not be possible with just folders unless all the songs were in that particular genre folder. But the artists I have sing songs in different genres, so now I could not sort by artist. It just becomes a mess. Sorting by tags solves all these problems.
hpilot is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me find a Sandisk SDHC to PCMCIA reader!


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: