C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

looking to compare experiences

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 4MATIC Premium Package Obsidian Black
looking to compare experiences

I have had this car for oever a week and have noticed some things good and bad. I wanted to compare these experiences with other people that are W204 owners and have you share your experiences on this thread.

My car has just over 800 km on it as of today.My first tank of gas (filled by dealer) lasted me to over 430km till i started to tap into the reserve. At that point i decided to fill it up the cost was around $75 CAD @ aprox $1.34/L.

Driving on the highway today into the office i decided to pass some cars when i stepped on the gas I noticed that the transmission was confused and wondered how far to drop down in gears. with the pedal almost floored the car still did not have that push that i would have recieved in my old TL. Is this a common thing or is my car still in break in period?
Old 04-24-2008, 01:35 PM

2011 C63
Looks like you drive as much as me..... I've had mine for 2.5 weeks and racked up just over 1500km's!! I love driving it and really wanted to knock off the 1500km to pass break in perod. Any excuse to drive it and I go hope that subsides somewhat or I'll be at 50K in a year!!
I was very careful to follow break-in guidlines too. Anyway I did find that the transmission sorta stuttered once or twice when I went to accelerate on the highway... but I think that was because I was being careful not to give it too much gas to avoid downshiftin too much and avoid the higher rpm's (break-in rule) ... The gas price seems about right, I'm sure that the l/km will improve with a bit more driving ... at least that's what I found with my 07 c230 benz.

R u in the T-dot?

Originally Posted by blastit
I have had this car for oever a week and have noticed some things good and bad. I wanted to compare these experiences with other people that are W204 owners and have you share your experiences on this thread.

My car has just over 800 km on it as of today.My first tank of gas (filled by dealer) lasted me to over 430km till i started to tap into the reserve. At that point i decided to fill it up the cost was around $75 CAD @ aprox $1.34/L.

Driving on the highway today into the office i decided to pass some cars when i stepped on the gas I noticed that the transmission was confused and wondered how far to drop down in gears. with the pedal almost floored the car still did not have that push that i would have recieved in my old TL. Is this a common thing or is my car still in break in period?
Old 04-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 C300
i get 500km each tank until i get that "C class with fuel pump" logo but mine is a C300. and i am at 3000 km now! btw, i am in Toronto too!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Peter_Biz
R u in the T-dot?
thanks for sharing the infor. youre 100% the engine did hesitate. it could be due to the fact that i did not slam on the gas but put a monitered acceleration into the pedal. i too am looking forward to get past that 1500km. the dealer told me that it was not nescessary. but precaution is better than cure. even though this is a lease.

i live in vancouver.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
if you can, downshift in anticipation of acceleration.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:05 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Transmission

<<Driving on the highway today into the office i decided to pass some cars when i stepped on the gas I noticed that the transmission was confused and wondered how far to drop down in gears. with the pedal almost floored the car still did not have that push that i would have received in my old TL. Is this a common thing or is my car still in break in period?>>

This is entirely normal and has nothing to do with break-in since the trans has no break-in period.

The trans locks up in all seven gears and in my observation is reluctant to come out of lockup at speeds from perhaps 20mph on up to even 35mph. Then because of throttle opening, you get a double downshift. I have discussed this with a dealer tech I know well and he tells me this is the way it is. If I had to guess, I would think that eventually there will be a software change to reduce this a bit but since the 7speed has been around for a few years already, MB has no plans to "fix" it.

This is the sort of thing where customer complaints, lots of them, finally force MB to respond. Very similar to the memory seat lack in US models. You will get used to it, as I have.

BTW, paddle shifters don't change anything.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by e1000
if you can, downshift in anticipation of acceleration.
do you mean when i accelerate to drop it a gear in tiptronic?

Trending Topics

Old 04-25-2008, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by RLE
The trans locks up in all seven gears and in my observation is reluctant to come out of lockup at speeds from perhaps 20mph on up to even 35mph. Then because of throttle opening, you get a double downshift. I have discussed this with a dealer tech I know well and he tells me this is the way it is. If I had to guess, I would think that eventually there will be a software change to reduce this a bit but since the 7speed has been around for a few years already, MB has no plans to "fix" it.
Can you elaborate on what you mean? when you say lock up in all seven gears.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
the torque converter locks up in all gears.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torque_converter
Old 04-26-2008, 07:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 Sport
Yeah I notice that when I"m testing driving the C300 too. The transmission is kinda sxxx...There's always some lagging when I change gear. If you want more promptly response, should get a BMW...
Although, at the end, I still get the C300.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by blastit
Can you elaborate on what you mean? when you say lock up in all seven gears.
yes. If you really want it to GO, pull the lever to the left for 2 seconds and it will drop your car into the lowest possible gear. Mash the gas and you're gone.