C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

I really hate those wheel spoilers but

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:15 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Thing

..I could probably understand using the wheel spoilers for sport package Cs that have wheels a little wider than the fenders. But it looks cheap and tacky. Is MB too cheap to give the C63 wider rear fenders to balance the front and rear?..

My Lux has 18s with OE tire sizes and the only part of the wheel/tire that is outside the fender line is at the rear from the bumper parting line down, from the 3 and 6 o'clock position on the wheel. The bodies of the Sport and Luxury models are the same with only the bumper covers and rocker panels different on the Sport. But then, we all knew that.

That little piece of plastic, barely visible in the pic would add a bit of tackiness, no question.

I'm going to be stopping at my dealer for a free cuppa tomorrow and will make a point of eyeballing their C Sports to see if any have the item.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:29 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by RLE
..I could probably understand using the wheel spoilers for sport package Cs that have wheels a little wider than the fenders. But it looks cheap and tacky. Is MB too cheap to give the C63 wider rear fenders to balance the front and rear?..

My Lux has 18s with OE tire sizes and the only part of the wheel/tire that is outside the fender line is at the rear from the bumper parting line down, from the 3 and 6 o'clock position on the wheel. The bodies of the Sport and Luxury models are the same with only the bumper covers and rocker panels different on the Sport. But then, we all knew that.

That little piece of plastic, barely visible in the pic would add a bit of tackiness, no question.

I'm going to be stopping at my dealer for a free cuppa tomorrow and will make a point of eyeballing their C Sports to see if any have the item.
You hardly notice it, that explains why its seems new to some guys, doesn't look tacky either IMO, let me have your opinion when you see it in real life.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:48 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Pieces of plastic

Originally Posted by RLE

As I promised, I stopped by my dealer today and examined the eight Cs in the storage lot, four of which were Sport models and three with 18s. None had the add-on plastic bit nor did they need it.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:05 PM

2019C63S coupe
Thanks RLE

No doubt MB have good reason for adding them, I have requested information from their technical team and will keep you/anyone interested informed.

PS:
Check worldcarfans.com and Netcarshow.com for C Sports/C63's for more pictures.

Last edited by Uga Uga; 06-12-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:56 PM

2019C63S coupe
Hi RLE,

MB got back to me with the following:

Thank you for contacting the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center
Maastricht N.V.

In discussion with our Technical Department they have advised that the
modifications seen on the wheel arches of your vehicle were undertaken
to accomodate the 18" AMG wheels currently fitted.

Should you have any further requirements, please do not hesitate to
contact us.

Yours sincerely

Chantell Rae
Customer Service
Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center Maastricht N.V.
Gaetano Martinolaan 10
NL-6229 GS Maastricht, The Netherlands

This I believe is why I do not experience the following:

Qoute
with a set of 19"s poking out on a white car I'll leave the hand wash and not two seconds after making a turn I'll have spit up all sorts of dirt and debris on the side of my car and wheel wells. I want to do something about it because on white its very obvious and kind of makes the wash obsolete.
Unqoute
Old 06-22-2008, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Hi RLE,

MB got back to me with the following:

Thank you for contacting the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center
Maastricht N.V.

In discussion with our Technical Department they have advised that the
modifications seen on the wheel arches of your vehicle were undertaken
to accomodate the 18" AMG wheels currently fitted.

Should you have any further requirements, please do not hesitate to
contact us.

Yours sincerely

Chantell Rae
Customer Service
Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center Maastricht N.V.
Gaetano Martinolaan 10
NL-6229 GS Maastricht, The Netherlands

This I believe is why I do not experience the following:

Qoute
with a set of 19"s poking out on a white car I'll leave the hand wash and not two seconds after making a turn I'll have spit up all sorts of dirt and debris on the side of my car and wheel wells. I want to do something about it because on white its very obvious and kind of makes the wash obsolete.
Unqoute
Look to all i drive C350 with 18 amg and that wheel spoiler must be placed wrong cause all the dirt always hit the lower bumper area never up there the amor all black tire jel meguire hot shot black magic silicone or what ever you use as shine on your tire smack to the lower end of the bumper when u drive the car it always happen to me with nay tire gel neve rever up on the top i been doing tihs research since 07 when i got the car in october i tried all difernet types of car silcone gel sprays the only thing is wet the tire let it drip dry an hour the rag it with a rag to remove eessive tire gel then driv eit slow for first hour and you wont get any on your car AND BEWARE of black MAGIC THICK SILICONE TITANIMUM i think it from black majic if it get on your paint it stain it it did to my white car i had to rewax rewax rewac to remove the silcone stain so guy if u get whell spoiler be sure its athe bottom of the bumper wher eu install it
Old 06-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 C350, Obsidian Black, P2, MM, Pano, AMG Wheels, i-Pod and Leather
Originally Posted by ATSOBE
Look to all i drive C350 with 18 amg and that wheel spoiler must be placed wrong cause all the dirt always hit the lower bumper area never up there the amor all black tire jel meguire hot shot black magic silicone or what ever you use as shine on your tire smack to the lower end of the bumper when u drive the car it always happen to me with nay tire gel neve rever up on the top i been doing tihs research since 07 when i got the car in october i tried all difernet types of car silcone gel sprays the only thing is wet the tire let it drip dry an hour the rag it with a rag to remove eessive tire gel then driv eit slow for first hour and you wont get any on your car AND BEWARE of black MAGIC THICK SILICONE TITANIMUM i think it from black majic if it get on your paint it stain it it did to my white car i had to rewax rewax rewac to remove the silcone stain so guy if u get whell spoiler be sure its athe bottom of the bumper wher eu install it
Huh?
Old 06-23-2008, 12:31 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Translated

I also was puzzled by this post so I ran it through Babelfish, translating it to Chinese and then back to English. Didn't help much. See below:

Looked that drives to me with 18 amg C350 all, and could not place that wheel spoliator to cause all earth wrongly always to hit lower abundant harvest region there amor all black tire jel the meguire hot fire inconceivable silicone resin or any you uses, when struck in yours tire's bright makes a sound to bumper's terminal, when the u actuation automobile it always occurred on my body has opposition tire gel neve rever to do this research when above from 07 I, when I the automobile I have attempted the automobile silcone only matter wet tire in October to let the weather trickle the dry 1 hour rag its gelThe spray all difernet type will cancel eessive by the rag tire gel then driv the eit slow first hour and you will not obtain any one in yours automobile, and will be careful TITANIMUM which the inconceivable thick silicone resin I thought it from black majic, if it obtained its stain in yours paint it to make my white automobile which must rewax so remove silcone stain person's rewax rewac to me, if u obtained the whell spoliator to affirm its abundant harvest wher you the athe base installed it
Old 06-23-2008, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
LOL!

I rarely can understand his posts. I've tried to speed read them but that doesn't help either... I just hope English isn't his first language and he's not a product of our lousy schools...

As for getting the tires nice and black/wet, I got sick of the spin off created by spraying the product directly on the tires, so I started applying it with a rag and rubbing it on to the tires. Works like a charm, albeit a slightly less wet looking tires unless I do two coats.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 PM

I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Sorry ALL i cant even understand my post either sorry for all you Folks i still cant understand what i wrote either i was multitasking as i typed sometime i type away as i drive opps.......... by the way it my lawn mower as cut the grass
Old 06-25-2008, 05:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C200K
Sorry ALL i cant even understand my post either sorry for all you Folks i still cant understand what i wrote either i was multitasking as i typed sometime i type away as i drive opps.......... by the way it my lawn mower as cut the grass
WHAT?????????? Please, make your posts understandable
Old 03-18-2011, 05:11 PM

2011 C350 Sport
Translation:

Sorry all! Even I can't understand my posts, like all of you folks. When I wrote that I either I was multitasking excessively or was typing away as I drive (whoops). By the way I'm posting this from my lawn mower as I cut the grass.