C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Sunroof broken

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunroof rattle and stuttering fixed

Thought I'd add my experience for everyone's benefit.

(i) Symptoms: stutter, rattle.

(ii) Diagnosis/solution: stutter gone, rattle fixed by dealer -- one of the pieces on the sunroof track was apparently loose and causing a rattle.

(iii) Details: Bought my 2008 C350 in August. My sunroof worked fine for a few days, then started stuttering (open/close). Resynched it myself, following the advice read in this forum -- fixed the opening issue, but not the closing stutter.

Also noticed a rattle from the sunroof. Brought the car in at first 1k mile service, technician could not replicate the rattle and merely resynched the roof. It may have worked for him, but not for me -- stutter upon closing again, the very first time I tried to use the roof. The rattle was still there.

Brought it back to the dealer. This time the service advisor offered to have a technician come with me. The technician was really knowledgeable about the car (kindly showed me how to download all my contacts from a Samsung cell) and, importantly, he noticed the rattle. The dealer kept the car for a couple of days while the service guys unmounted the headliner etc.. This time, they seem to have fixed the rattle and stutter.

Bottom line: Overall, I continue to be impressed with my dealer's service. Fingers crossed.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:09 AM

'11 E350 4Matic AMG Sport ,09 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan, 25,000miles,P1, MM Package, (Sold) 1998 E320
Talking THANK YOU!!!!

Sorry to those who the fix didn't work for, I had my car for 2 weeks, 09 c300 4 matic with 12000 miles on it. Bought it CPO. My sunroof kept jamming all day making my stressed, n angry. I thought it might have been the cold weather with the snow and ice. I followed your DIY and it worked to the T. Thanks again man, you made my day...
Old 09-25-2014, 08:02 PM

2009 c300 mercedes benz
Exclamation SUNROOF NOT WORKING C300 2009

hey all i need your help ASAP!!! The sunroof on my 09 c300 is not working. I opened it this morning on tilt position and when i got home i tried closing it and it didn't close. I can hear the noise it makes when it tries to close it when i press the button, but it the glass and sunroof just don't move. I tried to do the reset but since it doesn't move i wasn't able to do it. I then disconnected the battery and that didn't work. Lastly i located the n70 fuse box changed the fuse and that didn't work either. At this point i don't know what else to do. Has anyone had similar problems? Car has no more warranty since it is over 100k miles now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. If someone has a solution Please email me to gdlrjsot1@gmail.com Thanks.