C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

No wonder they don't advertise the C in Canada any more

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 c300
No wonder they don't advertise the C in Canada any more

June 3, 2008

Mercedes-Benz Canada reports best month ever with 2, 632 units

TORONTO, ON – Mercedes-Benz Canada reported today that an all-time record-breaking total of 2,632 units were registered for the month of May. It is the first time in Mercedes-Benz Canada’s history that it reports more than 2,000 Mercedes-Benz units in a month and also the first time that the group sells more than 2,500 combined Mercedes-Benz and smart models in one month.

On the Mercedes-Benz side, a monthly record of 2,192 units were delivered, representing a gain of 678 units or a 44.8% increase compared to May 2007 while we saw a year-to-date growth of 21.3%. A total of 440 smart fortwos were reported sold in May which brings the year-to-date total to 1,553 units, up by 33.1%. The combined Mercedes-Benz and smart sales at 2,632 units represents an increase of 586 units or gains of 28.6% for the month and an impressive five month cumulative total of 9,609 units or an increase of 23.1% on a year-to-date basis.

Very strong B-Class, C-Class, S-Class, SL-Class, M-Class and GL-Class model sales contributed to this May’s success. The next generation All-New 2008 C-Class accounted for more than 900 units, up by almost 350%. The B-Class and the M-Class retail deliveries were up respectively by 16.7% and 27.9% in May. The company’s diesel sales ratio was 59.8% for the month while the permanent all-wheel drive 4MATIC™ units accounted for 63.2% of the overall passenger car and light truck sales (excluding smart).

Surprised at how many Smarts were sold. I expected it to be a niche/fashion car for a couple of years and then die
Old 06-13-2008, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
This is the norm for any manufacturer that debuts a new model, it also helps that the C class is the bread and butter model of the lineup and that the model it replaced was going on seven years old. I don't think the numbers will hold up over the next year with the debuts of new cars from Audi and BMW, but more power to them, great to see companies going strong with the crappy economy the whole world seems to be slipping into.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:23 AM

2008 c300
Sorry it ruined your day, Chilled

Don't think its the norm to sell 4 times as many frankly, and makers usually have to advertise the hell out of a new model. I think the C has struck a chord with the public. Interestingly my son brought it to my attention. A youngster noticing and liking a Benz?
Old 06-14-2008, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by keith100
Sorry it ruined your day, Chilled

Don't think its the norm to sell 4 times as many frankly, and makers usually have to advertise the hell out of a new model. I think the C has struck a chord with the public. Interestingly my son brought it to my attention. A youngster noticing and liking a Benz?
Naw didn't ruin my day, but seeing how they sell more C classes than any other car and the fact that the out going model was going on seven years old, plus there was no new competition, it makes sense for them to sell a huge margin. It is curious that this was for the month of May and not for say August or September of last year when it was first introduced. I'm sure the over all numbers for the model year 2008 will be up dramatically over previous years, even to venture to say they sold more model year 2008's than they did the last two years combined. I even held off on purchasing a 2006 and 2007 model because while the price was crazy ($10k off m.s.r.p.) I just couldn't bring myself to pay for a six or seven year old car. I think many felt the same way I did and held off for the new model resulting in huge sales numbers when it came out. I'm looking forward to see how well the numbers do when the A4 and 3 Series cars hit the show rooms.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:33 AM

2008 c300
When I tried a BMW the sales guy assured me it was a new model and wouldn't be changed shortly.-tell me he didn't lie! Audi, in Canada at least, seem stuck at the same sales rate for the last 2-3 models. I owned, and liked an Audi, for 14 yrs., but it was a real Audi - 5 cylinders and no VW parts. Hard to feel an Audi is "special " these days. Funny old world though - VW bought Audi from MB - hence the 5 pot motors! And MB pretty much spawned BMW. And here we are, arguing the merits.

Anyway a) I can't type as well as you can, and b) it's our street party tomorrow and I'm in charge of the bouncy castle. Gotta go.

Have a good weekend

Keith
Old 06-14-2008, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by keith100
When I tried a BMW the sales guy assured me it was a new model and wouldn't be changed shortly.-tell me he didn't lie! Audi, in Canada at least, seem stuck at the same sales rate for the last 2-3 models. I owned, and liked an Audi, for 14 yrs., but it was a real Audi - 5 cylinders and no VW parts. Hard to feel an Audi is "special " these days. Funny old world though - VW bought Audi from MB - hence the 5 pot motors! And MB pretty much spawned BMW. And here we are, arguing the merits.

Anyway a) I can't type as well as you can, and b) it's our street party tomorrow and I'm in charge of the bouncy castle. Gotta go.

Have a good weekend

Keith
The 3 series gets a new front and rear clip, nothing major...but the A4 is all new...it just looks familiar...ha ha.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81136

Oh and good luck with the castle, I had a run in with one of those last year for a kids party, luckily the company delivered and all I was in charge of was making sure us big..err the big kids didn't pop the thing.

Last edited by chilledbenz; 06-14-2008 at 01:38 AM.