C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Can someone identify these sounds?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 10:01 AM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Can someone identify these sounds?

Here's what I got (besides a brand new car)...

When I drive rather slowly (like in a parking garage), I hear a loud "squeak squeak squeak" noise that seems to squeak with the rotation of the wheels but ONLY when I turn the steering wheel... if going straight it doesn't really do it too much....

Secondly -- Whenever I step on the gas I hear a loud squeak noise that kind of sounds suspension-like, AND whenever I brake I have squeaking coming from the rears.

I brought it to my dealership to have them listen and it was only doing the squeaking while braking at the time -- so I'm guessing only one of three sounds will be fixed at my appointment this week.

In short, I just want ideas if anyone knows what this might be. PS - Its been doing this essentially since day 1.

- Eric
Old 06-14-2008, 10:19 AM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
PS -- I plan on going out today with my car and a videocamera.... I'll be recording these noises with video and will post it soon.

PPS - I believe I found a thread that helps for most of these noises, but not really the noise when turning the steering wheel.... any thoughts on that one?

That thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/236799-possible-problems-w-c350-squeaking-sound.html

Last edited by dalazernet; 06-14-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C-300, XC70, Wrangler
Originally Posted by dalazernet
Here's what I got (besides a brand new car)...

When I drive rather slowly (like in a parking garage), I hear a loud "squeak squeak squeak" noise that seems to squeak with the rotation of the wheels but ONLY when I turn the steering wheel... if going straight it doesn't really do it too much....

- Eric
This part sounds like new tires on smooth concrete. Guaranteed to squeak for a while. As the tred gets used, it'll go away. May take a while, though.