C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-04-2015, 06:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

w204 secrets thread...

Old 06-14-2010, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by MbREA
Hi, I have a C200CDI manual gearbox. Do you know, does it have any "learning mode"? I really have some trouble driving her in the first and second. Especially in trafic. It seems like the clutch couples on different positions. Furthermore, it seems I do have really accelerating power in the first and second only after 2000rpm. Any suggestions?
I would be very surprised if you manual gearbox had "learning mode.".

The point of having a manual is that it leaves you free to drive how ever your mood takes you.

If your clutch take up position is changing I would suggest a trip to the dealers workshop.

The diesel turbo takes a little time to spin up. It is called turbo lag. It needs exhaust gas flow to spin up & the engine needs to be under load to do so hence your slow accelleration in the lower rev range. You will notice how well it holds those revs when under load in higher gears.

Maximum torque for this engine( 4000NM) is at only 2000 rpm so there is no need to rev higher once the turbo is operating under load.The torque is comparable with a V8

It is a great engine & car.

I have an automatic gear box which suits this high torque engine. I have not driven the manual.You would achieve better fuel consumption than me.

Good luck with it.

Carsy
Old 06-14-2010, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200CDI avantgarde
Pfuuu, it's hard to tel. It's true, once i'm above 2000 rpm the car is pretty sporty, altough the 3rd gear is longer and with less acceleration than the first and the second once I hit 2000 rpm. The problem is that if I give the car more gas and I release the clutch later it will slide for longer time. I will actually try to get from another dealer a similar test drive car to compare. In this way at least I can see if is my driving style totally not matching mb or is just the settings that are not that right.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:49 PM

c300 sport
How does #5 work?
Old 06-14-2010, 09:25 PM

08 c350
5) if you have the automatic tranny, push the stick to the left and hold it there, it'll downshift to the gear lowest possible to allow you to be in the powerband to pass cars. And pushing the stick to the right side and hold it there will put you back into the normal automatic shifting mode.

are you talking about this ?

if so its kind of self explanatory.. if you have an automatic, you can use the tip tronics and down shift by pulling the stick to the left ( - ), if you look at the instrument cluster you'll see D(1,2,3...whatevernumbergearyourin), you downshift and go past a car, then when you want to switch back to regular just hold the stick to the right ( + ) for a few seconds and you'll be back at D which means the tiptronic is off !
Old 06-15-2010, 01:07 AM

c300 sport
I did it today car started makin weird noise and slowed down....
Old 06-26-2010, 03:48 PM

BMW E90, W204 C350
nice thread
thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 09:35 AM

Mercedes C 220 W204
Automatic door close

When pushing the lock/unlock function twice (in the door that is !), holding the second time for at least 10 seconds - you modify the auto-lock door feature without having to go in the menu.

You hear a distinct beep, telling something has changed.
Tested it on a W204 / 2009 (europe) - key in the "one" position.

Maybe it is stated in the manual - but found it by accident while playing buttons

Last edited by mservaes; 08-24-2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: modified which button to press (there are a lot, aren't there :) :) )
Old 08-23-2010, 12:47 PM

W204, W220, S15 Silvia
Originally Posted by bidd
I did it today car started makin weird noise and slowed down....
thats because it down shifted and rev'd up .
Old 08-23-2010, 01:01 PM

08 c350
im not sure if this has been posted before but yea, i noticed that one door wasnt completely pushed in the locked position and when i went to lock the car with the key i didnt get the beep beep beep but i looked back and closed the door properly and locked it again i got the beep beep beep. coincidence ? i think not ;x lol
Old 08-23-2010, 02:29 PM

2009 C300S 6mt
a similar thing happens with the trunk.

you can pop up the trunk without disarming. and after you close the trunk, the car automatically re-arms itself.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:38 PM

2009 C300 Sport 4matic
Mute Function

Don't know if it's really a secret, but if you press the mute button it also pauses whatever CD/mp3/iPod track you're playing as it fades the audio out, and fades back in from that point if pressed again. Meaning, it's not the same as just turning the volume down and the track continues. Just FYI.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W204 Sport
Bump for an awesome thread!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:24 PM

Perfect thread! Lets make it a sticky!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport | 2005 Yamaha R6
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by perdikoula888
Perfect thread! Lets make it a sticky!
Agreed, just saw this!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:53 PM

2011 C300 Sport
my 2011 MM P1 does the mirror auto roll-down in reverse, I put the car in reverse, saw the passenger side mirror light (on the pad) light up, I put it down so I could see the curb/lines, hit "M" by the memory seat, and now when I put it in reverse the mirror tilts down.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:22 PM

2012 Luna C
Originally Posted by AskDrTodd
my 2011 MM P1 does the mirror auto roll-down in reverse, I put the car in reverse, saw the passenger side mirror light (on the pad) light up, I put it down so I could see the curb/lines, hit "M" by the memory seat, and now when I put it in reverse the mirror tilts down.
My IS350 did that. Didnt know it works with the C. Really useful to avoid curb rash. Can anyone else confirm?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by holeeshht
My IS350 did that. Didnt know it works with the C. Really useful to avoid curb rash. Can anyone else confirm?
Only works if you have memory seats. I just noticed today that the TPMS tells pressure by tire on my 2011 didn't do that on my 2008
Old 05-04-2011, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Yeah, my sister's 2011 says the tire pressure in each tire as well. I think they use a different system now - more updated.

Also, when you do the auto-reverse feature and store it into memory, do you just press "M" and thats it? Is there any confirmation noise? Or do you press your memory seat option while holding M like usual?
Old 05-04-2011, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by jctevere
Yeah, my sister's 2011 says the tire pressure in each tire as well. I think they use a different system now - more updated.

Also, when you do the auto-reverse feature and store it into memory, do you just press "M" and thats it? Is there any confirmation noise? Or do you press your memory seat option while holding M like usual?
Just press M.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:49 PM

2012 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by jctevere

The "reverse mirror" is a no-go on U.S. spec 2009's (Canadian models were equipped). At least it's a no-go on mine.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:55 AM

C300 2008
Subscribed!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:55 PM

C220 CDI with OPTIONS!
Compilation / Summary of the Thread ...

I've tried to put together an all-in-one document ... let me know if I missed anything or better still - update it

Mercedes Benz C Class (W204) Tips, Tricks, Features and cool stuff
  • There is an Auxiliary input port in the glovebox. If you purchased the iPod integration kit, the aux input is tucked away under the plastic cover – and can still be accessed if you unclip the cover and the menu can still be accessed via the AUDIO or DISC submenus.
  • If you have the automatic transmission, push the stick to the left and hold it there will activate the tiptronic gearset directly into a downshifted gear powerband to provide a little extra oomf to pass cars. Pushing the stick to the right side and holding it there will return you to standard automatic transmission from the tiptronic mode.
  • If you are swapping cars (or are just a little forgetful), the fuel gauge petrol tank symbol has a little arrow which points to the side of the car that the fuel filler is on.
  • Brake rotors stay at peak efficiency from feathering initiated after every 10 windshield wipes during rain.
  • Activating the window demisters will also activate side mirror heaters.
  • Headlamp cleaners activate every 10 windshield washes.
  • When the sun / Pano roof is left open on an extremely hot sunny day, the car will automatically close it (tilt position) after 30 minutes. If the car is also equipped with a rain sensor, the car will again close (tilt position) the roof as soon as the sensors detect rain. Both of these are only activated if the car is parked (ignition off).
  • The C Class has a PRE-SAFE system, which automatically closes windows, sunroof, and moves the seats, headrest and steering wheel to a more protective position (all done within milliseconds) as soon as the car senses that an accident is imminent. This is the 2nd stage of pre-safe. First stage is the passive pre-emptive measure, like ESP etc. The 3rd stage is post an accident, which automaticly shuts down the engine, cuts off fuel supply, automatically turning on the hazards lights, lowering the windows slightly and unlocking all doors.
  • Roll back assist is active for most gradient slopes in both forward and reverse gears.
  • The new W204 vent holes around the rear tail lights – these actually begin behind the rear wheels allowing hot air to escape away from the rotors and reduce both brake dust build up and the overall drag (aerodynamic friction) co-efficiency.
  • Those with the full MM COMAND system have a nice extra feature – along with the “speed dependent” volume increase, an internal microphone also monitors cabin noise and will automatically increase the volume to compensate. For a bit of fun – try this at home with a vacuum cleaner!
  • The same system also kicks in when you activate voice recognition, if the microphone detects a high white noise level, it tries to reduce the noise by lowering the air conditioner to minimum levels until voice commands have finished.
  • Leaving your headlights in Auto mode will provide a 30 second “home light” function (the parking & fog lights will remain lit when you arm or disarm your car when it is dark).
  • While listening to a CD, the music register or an MP3 track, sometimes the full title of the song playing is hidden - just press the # button on the dash and you will see the full title and the artist.
  • The * key will allow you to jump to a specific track or radio station
  • If you have previously engaged your cruise control at lets say 70mph and are off cruse control but want to reset it to your current speed, raise the cruise control lever to the up position. This will reset it to your current speed where if you pulled the lever towards you, you'll be returned to the previous set speed.
  • Automatic transmission versions have a “down hill assit” like function, where the vehicle will recognise the gradient and will provide assistance by downshifting a gear to provide more control and power to the wheels.
  • Tunnel mode is available hold down air-recirculation button for 3 seconds – this will close all windows and sunroof. Upon exiting the tunnel, holding the recirculation for an additional 3 seconds will return all windows and sunroof to previous positions.
  • The boot has an emergency release on the inside. This stays lit for 60 minutes after closing.
  • Setting your own custom “parking aid view”
    • Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.
    • Press the button for the exterior mirror on the front-passenger side.
    • Use adjustment buttons to adjust the exterior mirror to a position which allows you to see the rear wheel and the kerb.
    • Press memory button M and one of the arrows on adjustment button within three seconds of each other. (The parking position is stored if the exterior mirror does not move).
  • Steps to Reset the TCU.
    Resetting the TCU will reset transmission to factory shift points and the car will 'relearn' your driving style.
    • Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.
    • Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.
    • Wait at least two minutes for TCU to reset.
  • Steps to access Vehicle Data and/or Fully Disable ESP (see also Video)
    • Hold the “Phone answer” key on the steering wheel
    • Then also hold the “OK” button on the steering wheel
    • A screen will appear in the dash within 3 seconds with the submenu.
  • Steps to access hidden engineering menu
    • Hold the red “hang up telephone” button, the Hash (#) key and the one (1) key simultaneously on the centre dash for 2-5 seconds.
    • A “hidden engineering menu appears on the centre screen which allows you to see the versions of software and diagnostics information.
  • Links of interest:
Old 08-01-2011, 05:13 AM

C220 W204
When you switch the ignition to "On", is that 1 click to the right or 2 clicks? Thanks
Old 08-01-2011, 07:05 AM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by kevinwithdabenz
im not sure if this has been posted before but yea, i noticed that one door wasnt completely pushed in the locked position and when i went to lock the car with the key i didnt get the beep beep beep but i looked back and closed the door properly and locked it again i got the beep beep beep. coincidence ? i think not ;x lol
Originally Posted by kaku
a similar thing happens with the trunk.

you can pop up the trunk without disarming. and after you close the trunk, the car automatically re-arms itself.
In theory, and since the hood also has an alarm switch/sensor (ETA see part #12 HERE), that should work on the hood as well. (Although I haven't tried it YET).

Last edited by IGB; 08-01-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:24 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2008 W204
Originally Posted by Gashde
When you switch the ignition to "On", is that 1 click to the right or 2 clicks? Thanks
+1, don't know they mean position III or II when they say not to do it in Start.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.

Quick Reply: w204 secrets thread...