Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
w204 secrets thread... >

w204 secrets thread...

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-04-2015, 06:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

w204 secrets thread...

 
Old 07-29-2014, 10:41 PM
  #651  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 41
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C300 Sport 4Matic
Thanks!
JamesY is offline  
Old 08-02-2014, 01:29 PM
  #652  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C220 AMG Saloon 2014 Premium Plus Bluetec
I just got the W205 (UK) and just want to say, THIS is an awesome thread. Most of the items still apply: tunnel-mode, window/ sunroof control when locking with key or keyless go, wing mirror activation when R engaged (found these 3 to be the most useful).

The only gripe I have is as there is no numberpad, I can't do any of the tips which involve pressing numbers or # or *.

And if only I could use the Internet in car with iPhone... not sure why Apple don't allow it!
shotchaser is offline  
Old 08-02-2014, 04:27 PM
  #653  
Member
 
DJ BIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Delaware/NJ
Posts: 99
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2009 Manual C300 Sport
Originally Posted by shotchaser View Post
I just got the W205 (UK) and just want to say, THIS is an awesome thread. Most of the items still apply: tunnel-mode, window/ sunroof control when locking with key or keyless go, wing mirror activation when R engaged (found these 3 to be the most useful).

The only gripe I have is as there is no numberpad, I can't do any of the tips which involve pressing numbers or # or *.

And if only I could use the Internet in car with iPhone... not sure why Apple don't allow it!
Apple probably expects the car manufacturers to pay a fee to allow their devices to co-mingle with their software, etc. its BS.
DJ BIS is offline  
Old 08-02-2014, 05:02 PM
  #654  
Newbie
 
redsoxfan1104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2009 c300 4matic
1) aux input in glove compartment.
1a) if you have ipod integration, the aux input is tucked away under the plastic cover.


what plastic cover?

sorry if this has already been answered.... new to this
redsoxfan1104 is offline  
Old 01-05-2015, 08:42 AM
  #655  
Super Member
 
ickdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Washington
Posts: 521
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
'13 M5 | 08 C300 (Sold)
I've noticed that the CD player (or whatever media) gets louder as the outside volume is increased. Ever since I've removed my mufflers, the car sometimes has a loud drone to it and the volume automatically goes up to match it.
ickdeep is offline  
Old 08-12-2015, 04:07 AM
  #656  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2012 C250 Sport
Another one to add?

If you press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on your remote simultaneously for a few seconds, the lights will flash. This toggles between unlock/disarm modes. Either all doors will unlock when you hit the unlock button, or just the driver's door will unlock, requiring a second press on the button to open the remaining doors.

Personally I find the feature annoying, but I suppose if it was my wife's car and she parked in sketchy areas, it might be a good idea.
blitzkrieg69 is offline  
Old 08-22-2015, 04:00 PM
  #657  
Senior Member
 
ghlkal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Fredonia, WI
Posts: 327
Liked 29 Times in 26 Posts
2012 E550 v8-Biturbo
Lots of great info.
ghlkal is offline  
Old 10-03-2015, 05:27 AM
  #658  
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Skagit County, Washington, USA
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Egonvdv View Post
i just double checked a us/canadian manual i have in pdf format. on page 98 it does mention this feature.
May I please ask where you sourced your PDF manual? Thank you.
urquattro83 is offline  
Old 10-03-2015, 02:08 PM
  #659  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 122
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
2011 E350; 2012 ML350
Originally Posted by urquattro83 View Post
May I please ask where you sourced your PDF manual? Thank you.
Not sure which country you're in, but if you're in the US (and probably even if you're not), you can go to mbusa.com --> owners (top right) --> owners manuals. I don't think a login is required.
sadpanda is offline  
Old 10-03-2015, 03:52 PM
  #660  
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Skagit County, Washington, USA
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by sadpanda View Post
Not sure which country you're in, but if you're in the US (and probably even if you're not), you can go to mbusa.com --> owners (top right) --> owners manuals. I don't think a login is required.
Thank you, I am in the U. S., and I will update my profile.
urquattro83 is offline  
Old 11-06-2016, 05:46 PM
  #661  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
w204
Hi
I'm new to this so was wondering if someone can help me out. I had my c220 cdi diesel 58 plate serviced (A) at Dronsfield independent merc specialist in Greater Manchester. Since the service, I've had issues with the accelation being slow, feel like the power has gone. I'm not too sure if Dronsfield garage have caused this. Can the accelartion be affected after Service A? Can it be fixed and by myself? Do I need to take it back to them? I'm concerned that they'll just flog me off saying it's nothing and it's just me.
Any suggestion please?
Thanks,
K
kinsane is offline  
Old 11-06-2016, 07:21 PM
  #662  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Adi-Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,367
Liked 279 Times in 254 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by ickdeep View Post
I've noticed that the CD player (or whatever media) gets louder as the outside volume is increased. Ever since I've removed my mufflers, the car sometimes has a loud drone to it and the volume automatically goes up to match it.
Before I say anything, can anyone help the chap who bumped this thread above ^^?

Anyway, I was getting up super hard today and I noticed the sound get louder LOL it's more adrenaline, and then you slow down and it goes back down its like they want us to speed xD
Adi-Benz is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 07:38 PM
  #663  
IGB
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LA LA Land
Posts: 698
Liked 49 Times in 46 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by kinsane View Post
Hi
I'm new to this so was wondering if someone can help me out. I had my c220 cdi diesel 58 plate serviced (A) at Dronsfield independent merc specialist in Greater Manchester. Since the service, I've had issues with the accelation being slow, feel like the power has gone. I'm not too sure if Dronsfield garage have caused this. Can the accelartion be affected after Service A? Can it be fixed and by myself? Do I need to take it back to them? I'm concerned that they'll just flog me off saying it's nothing and it's just me.
Any suggestion please?
Thanks,
K
Unlikely that this was caused by anything by service as it takes some time for the adaptive transmission to alter it's settings on these cars.

Try the following steps which should reset your vehicle's TCU and it will then begin to adapt to your driving style: ( copying/pasting from another thread).

(1) Get into the driver's seat, and make sure all doors, windows, and sunroof is closed.
(2) Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position. <== Position #2 where all the lights on the dash turn on but NOT to where the engine turns on!
(3) Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.
(4) Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.<== I personally keep the gas pedal depressed for 5-10 additional seconds AFTER I turn off the key.
(5) Wait at least two minutes for TCU to reset. (key in) <== Very important to leave the key in the ignition!

Hope this helps...
IGB is offline  
The following users liked this post: IGB
kinsane (11-12-2016)
Old 11-12-2016, 11:58 AM
  #664  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
w204
Originally Posted by IGB View Post
Unlikely that this was caused by anything by service as it takes some time for the adaptive transmission to alter it's settings on these cars.

Try the following steps which should reset your vehicle's TCU and it will then begin to adapt to your driving style: ( copying/pasting from another thread).

(1) Get into the driver's seat, and make sure all doors, windows, and sunroof is closed.
(2) Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position. <== Position #2 where all the lights on the dash turn on but NOT to where the engine turns on!
(3) Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.
(4) Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.<== I personally keep the gas pedal depressed for 5-10 additional seconds AFTER I turn off the key.
(5) Wait at least two minutes for TCU to reset. (key in) <== Very important to leave the key in the ignition!

Hope this helps...
I did end up going back to the garage who had no idea about this and they've never came across anything like this before.

Thank you for response. It really has helped. Cheers bud.
kinsane is offline  
Old 03-17-2018, 02:25 AM
  #665  
Newbie
 
Roidan Marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 4
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 C300 / 2000 ML320
Sorry to revive this GREAT Thread, but when I try to re-sync my Sunroof, should I hold it (when fully opened and closed) on No.1 (Manual), or No. 2 (Automatic)? Like past the resistance point, or what? Because whatever I try to do, the sunroof always does the whole stuttering motion in the closing process.
Roidan Marc is offline  
Old 08-02-2018, 11:50 AM
  #666  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
c200 w204
Hi,I would like to ask how can I set the programming for tilting down side mirrors when reverse for c200w204.between,may I know is there any is USB port
tan yong yi is offline  
Old 08-02-2018, 12:26 PM
  #667  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 643
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
2011 C300 Sport, P1, MM, Wood, Heated FS, DIY rearview camera. 2002 QX4
Originally Posted by tan yong yi View Post
Hi,I would like to ask how can I set the programming for tilting down side mirrors when reverse for c200w204.between,may I know is there any is USB port
If I remember correctly: put trans in R, switch mirror to right side, adjust it down to your satisfaction. Put trans in any other gear, adjust right side mirror to normal viewing angle. Done.
I think to make the auto tilt work, the mirror switch should be on right side position.
C300CA is offline  
Old 12-22-2018, 08:15 PM
  #668  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 17
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1987 190E 2.3-16V; 2011 C300 M/T
Anyone know the 'secret' to getting the AUX input to turn on so I can put a bluetooth adapter on the 30-pin ipod interface. In Engineering mode "Audio AUX" is greyed out and no power is going to the plug.

Ricky190 is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:22 AM
  #669  
Junior Member
 
MBpippo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 37
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
2013 W204 C250 Coupe
Great thread! I’ve really enjoyed reading it. Some other things I’ve noticed (or been ignorant of), I don’t remember them being mentioned...

Door lights go off after leaving the door open for approx 5 minutes. Same for boot/trunk light.

The glove compartment has an adjustable vent to allow cooling of its contents.

If you use the key to open the car but don’t actually open a door, the car locks itself after 40 seconds.

COMAND can be used without the key in the ignition. Simply press the “ON” button. Doh! It took me a few months to realise this.

In the above situation, COMAND will request that the engine be started if the battery is being drained too much. You can prolong the usage of COMAND without the engine on by going to the System setting and selecting “Display off” (unless of course you are using the display).

For the mirror adjustment on selecting reverse gear, you need optional P64 “Memory Package”. Look up your VIN to see if you have it.

With the W204 facelift, the aux input is no longer in the glove compartment. There is now a USB and MB media interface connector in the centre console storage compartment. There are 3 supplied cables for the interface connector - 3.5 mm stereo jack, iPod connector (30 pin) and USB socket.

A few differences I’ve noticed between models in different countries...

. Electric seat adjustment sometimes only on the driver’s door, not the passenger’s.

. Convenience opening/closing feature (by using recirculating button) not present.

. Climate controls - “Zone” button verses “Max Cool” button.

. Speed Limit Assist is disabled in some countries.

. Steering wheel on the wrong side - haha

Last edited by MBpippo; 03-15-2019 at 06:46 PM. Reason: grammar
MBpippo is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 03:00 PM
  #670  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mercedes GLK
Any replacement for the iPod chord to the newer "lightning" cord?
Blue'03SVT is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 09:24 PM
  #671  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport
There are some adapters on Amazon but most seem to indicate audio-only (no charging) and that the dash/steering wheel buttons will not control the iPhone/iPod
onepoint is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 03:45 PM
  #672  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 C250 Coupe
Not sure which model years this one works on, but it works on my 2015 -

At a stop sign/stop light, etc., when holding down the brake pedal, stomp on the brake pedal once again quickly. This puts the car in HOLD mode (says 'HOLD' under the speedo) and holds the brakes on (including brake lights). Nice for long lines in the drive thru or stubborn traffic signals.
C250-SM is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 02:19 AM
  #673  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
xsever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,005
Liked 69 Times in 64 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport - 2005 CLK 320
Originally Posted by C250-SM View Post
Not sure which model years this one works on, but it works on my 2015 -

At a stop sign/stop light, etc., when holding down the brake pedal, stomp on the brake pedal once again quickly. This puts the car in HOLD mode (says 'HOLD' under the speedo) and holds the brakes on (including brake lights). Nice for long lines in the drive thru or stubborn traffic signals.
This was introduced in 2012 for the C-class. My car has it and it's a great feature. A similar feature to this one is the hill assist one where if you are stopped uphill and need to move forward, the brakes will remain applied even when you take your foot off and long enough for you to press the gas pedal. This reduces a great deal of strain on the transmission and torque converter.
xsever is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 04:49 PM
  #674  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
C 250
To make the mirror tilt down, hit the left mirror adjust button. Then, every time you back up it'll come on. To make it not tilt down, hit the right mirror adjust button. Of course, this thread is 10 years old and you have all probably figured that out by now. LOL

Anyway, some info for the newbies with this question.
PHXBenz is offline  
The following users liked this post: PHXBenz
xsever (04-11-2019)
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.

Quick Reply: w204 secrets thread...


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: