C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Upgrade to the Multi-media package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Mercedes C250 Coupe, 1998 SL 600 sport
Upgrade to the Multi-media package?

Hey Gang,
Really po'd at myself for not getting more options here now. I only got the P1 package and 7 speed auto. I asked my dealer and he looked at me like I was crazy. Is it possible to upgrade my system to the MM package? Either with or without speakers?

There are also other things I'd really like, such as the rear sun screen, are these things I can add???

Rick
Old 07-01-2008, 08:34 AM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Well, the multimedia package consists of the navigation screen/popup unit as well as the voice control, harmon kardon upgraded speakers and amplifier installed in the trunk. Correct me if I'm wrong -- the trunk lining is actually a different shape if you have the multimedia package to have room for the amplifier... Those without the multimedia get a small cargo net on the left side of the trunk instead...

In short - forget it, it would probably cost far too much unless you JUST wanted the screen and navigation - I could see that possibly being not "too" bad. Overall, just get them on your next car :-).
Old 07-01-2008, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes C300 Sport
Hate to say it but if your buying a Mercedes Benz and cannot afford some basic options, then you are living outside your economic means and should not have bought a Mercedes to begin with, but thats just my opinion. Congrats anyway and I agree with the post above, its now probably going to cost you almost double of what you would have originally paid plus your not going to get anything back from the stock equipment you purchased originally.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Originally Posted by R0CK632
Hate to say it but if your buying a Mercedes Benz and cannot afford some basic options, then you are living outside your economic means and should not have bought a Mercedes to begin with, but thats just my opinion. Congrats anyway and I agree with the post above, its now probably going to cost you almost double of what you would have originally paid plus your not going to get anything back from the stock equipment you purchased originally.
That is a Stupid response. Just because someone doesn't get all the options doesn't mean they are living beyond their means. That's like saying you bought the C-Class because your welfare a$$ couldn't afford the C63 or a CL600.
I bought my car with the options I have because I WANTED the car and was not willing to wait 3-4 months for a custom order. The dealership searched and the only Iridium Silver available had limited options. So don't crack on people because of the options on their car. We ALL drive one of the Greatest cars in the world.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Basic grammar lesson: "you're"

Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
That is a Stupid response. Just because someone doesn't get all the options doesn't mean they are living beyond their means. That's like saying you bought the C-Class because your welfare a$$ couldn't afford the C63 or a CL600.
I bought my car with the options I have because I WANTED the car and was not willing to wait 3-4 months for a custom order. The dealership searched and the only Iridium Silver available had limited options. So don't crack on people because of the options on their car. We ALL drive one of the Greatest cars in the world.
+1

Last edited by narky; 07-01-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:01 AM

C200K
my MM has pocket in the trunk...
Old 07-01-2008, 10:14 AM

2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by C200k W204
my MM has pocket in the trunk...
I'm going to guess that your MM isn't the same package as here in the US? Ours has the harmon kardon upgraded sound system... and there goes the net/pocket.

- Eric
Old 07-01-2008, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
hey rock you drive a C300, you couldn't afford the C350 you're living outside your means. doesn't make sense right..........HEY rick im also interested in the MM Screen i got on the EPC yesterday and going to see if the screen will work. I don't know about the navi wiring issues but the screen should be plug and play(use it for video input).........might have to buy the some little extras but not many........i just want the pop up screen, i'll just have to get navi in the next car
Old 07-01-2008, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Your best bet is probably to look into some after market systems for the Nav and display...putting the MB system in would be almost cost prohibitive. First, MB will charge you the full price for the system (not just the $3K "retail" difference between it and the old system), and then they will charge you who knows how much to install it in your car.

You are looking at rewiring, possibly a new dash, and about 100 man hours of labor.

The MM is great, but look into aftermarker.

Also, the P2 options you want can be had more easily (except the split folder rear seat). You can get retractable screens, LED lights and xenon headlamps and put them in yourself. It won't be as easy or be quite the same, but it is more doable.

The other option is to take the car back to the dealer and ask how much to trade it in for a new one with P2 and MM on it...you will lose your rear on the trade in, but it might be less than installing the MB MM and P2 options after market....
Old 07-01-2008, 11:50 AM

2008 C350
Great first impression for a "newbie" here on the site.
If that's so true, then you would have purchased a C350 with every option. Regardless of the options, it's still a Mercedes-Benz and I'd choose a C class with no options over a fully loaded Honda.

So just leave. Your post wasn't needed.

To the OP. I'm not sure if it's possible. It would be a lot of $$. Worth a try though!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
black c300 sport p1
Originally Posted by Flame3g
hey rock you drive a C300, you couldn't afford the C350 you're living outside your means. doesn't make sense right..........HEY rick im also interested in the MM Screen i got on the EPC yesterday and going to see if the screen will work. I don't know about the navi wiring issues but the screen should be plug and play(use it for video input).........might have to buy the some little extras but not many........i just want the pop up screen, i'll just have to get navi in the next car
i'd be interested in a screen upgrade only for the video input. somebody needs to find a way to make this work.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500 SPORT
yeah going to find out some info when i get the car back........the screen alone should be plug and play im not sure though. i know there are two buttons as soon as you open the cover........I'm Getting real curious
Old 07-01-2008, 02:01 PM

black c300 sport p1
Originally Posted by Flame3g
yeah going to find out some info when i get the car back........the screen alone should be plug and play im not sure though. i know there are two buttons as soon as you open the cover........I'm Getting real curious
dont you know nothing is that easy...i would be really surprised if there was a way to make it work that wasn't cost prohibitive.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500 SPORT
you never know it could be going to ask some question and get to the bottom
Old 07-01-2008, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex
The other option is to take the car back to the dealer and ask how much to trade it in for a new one with P2 and MM on it...you will lose your rear on the trade in, but it might be less than installing the MB MM and P2 options after market....
That's probably the best idea. No chance of that happening now, but lets wait a few years and see what happens
RickP
Old 07-01-2008, 02:18 PM

then you are living outside your economic means and should not have bought a Mercedes to begin with
Living outside my means would have been buying the CL65 I really wanted and got me into the showroom. Truth be told this car cost me the SAME amount my parents spent on a brand new Honda Pilot Moreover I see that Nissan Murano's (spelling?) are also priced simiarly to the C300 . I just can't believe that anyone in there right mind would choose one of these other cars over the Mercedes, my parents included, but I guess it's buyer beware. I think I got a hell of a value for my money.

And BTW I paid cash for my car.

Thanks
Rick
Old 07-01-2008, 02:22 PM

black c300 sport p1
Originally Posted by RickP330
Living outside my means would have been buying the CL65 I really wanted and got me into the showroom. Truth be told this car cost me the SAME amount my parents spent on a brand new Honda Pilot Moreover I see that Nissan Murano's (spelling?) are also priced simiarly to the C300 . I just can't believe that anyone in there right mind would choose one of these other cars over the Mercedes, my parents included, but I guess it's buyer beware. I think I got a hell of a value for my money.

Thanks
Rick
i've thought about the same thing numerous times. i think its alot easier to negotiate on those types of cars and parts/labor costs pale in comparison to our benzes so down the line theyre saving money.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Go aftermarket
Old 07-01-2008, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
I bought my car with the options I have because I WANTED the car and was not willing to wait 3-4 months for a custom order. The dealership searched and the only Iridium Silver available had limited options.
+1

If I could wait for an order, I could have got a 350 with all packages in Palladium Silver, but I wasn't going to wait 3 months without a car(sold it prior to purchase). Luckily the dealership had a palladium silver C350 P2 on its way so I dropped my deposit on it.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
OP: The MM is definitely something that I also regretted not getting with the car. I could care less about the sound quality (HK system) and the navigational function, but I just want the cool slide-out-and-flip-up "wow factor." What a gadget.

But I've comes to terms with it. Costs too much to do it now. Good luck on your search.

sorta below:

I didn't know the rear sunshade could be added! Sorta definitely maybe interested. But I thought our cars are wired only for factory options... would a dealership be able to install it at a reasonable cost (+/- 300)? Or is that just a dream?

Perhaps a tint would negate the need for it... hmmmm.

Originally Posted by RickP330

Thanks
Rick
I paid cash too.

I really liked the car's design over that of any other car out there currently (including some of the newer ones coming out soon), but I didn't want many of the options that were packaged together; and unfortunately, I couldn't pick and choose. Also, I only drive manual transmission cars--for now. Lastly, I was able to somehow swipe a car that was already built and headed to a customer for a minimal wait time (I feel bad, kinda. A$$hole! ). So goes my C300 with barely any options.

Nobody hates you here, I assure you, but everyone gets what he gets for different reasons. Don't hate.

And I agree. This car is a pretty great value for the money. I got a good deal back in December, but I feel like I should've waited for the economy to REALLY tank. I could've gotten an even sweeter deal. Is that war profiteering?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:51 PM

2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Speaking of sunshades -- does this new C class have an option (clearly not in the US, but...) for the sunshades that pull up out of the rear doors on the sides and latch on to little clips at the top of the rear side windows?

I somehow think this is available elsewhere, canada perhaps?

Retrofitable?

- Eric
Old 07-01-2008, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
I don't speak German but this may help.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mercedes-Benz-...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 07-01-2008, 04:20 PM

2008 c300
I would love to put an aftermarket HU in mine, but I don't want to lose the OEM look and Bluetooth feature with using the steering wheel controls.

I would like to wire in an afterket amp and speakers to the factory head unit to get more ***** out of the base stereo system, but I agree with the statements that putting in a MM system would be waaaaay expensive. I have an 800w amp and 10" woofer now and am very happy with that as far as bass goes.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:27 PM

Got some translating going on.... Thanks for the link, how the heck did you come up with that?

Rick
Old 07-01-2008, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sell your car and buy a better equipped one from the same dealer, at invoice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgrade to the Multi-media package?