C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Mods, LED, side markers, wheels, suspension?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Haha oh yea he was banned. Thank god, I couldn't stand that clown.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C300 4matic MM
lol +1

Originally Posted by StickyZ
all this back and forth and no one thought to ask what this idiot does for fun? don't worry guys, we'll find him. he'll be the "older", dry as hell, silly looking gentleman driving the bone stock 350 at exactly 55mph with KKK bumper stickers, throwing kittens out the window
Old 07-06-2008, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by narky
...I don't even know why I posted here...
It's because he has nothing better to do on a Saturday night (see his post time stamp) than whack off and get pleasure from posting this garbage.

Hobbies/pursuits/pastimes are costly and expensive and a passion for people. Saving money (US Dollars), which is becoming more and more devalued each year (consider oil and food prices), is not a passion for most people.

If you have it to spend, spend it how you wish, and ignore the trolls like this and his fantasy S65.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:55 PM

W204
Damn... I too late for giving my set of mind..
Old 07-07-2008, 12:30 AM

e92
Wow what a racist jerk...the dude is a 52 y/o KKK closet supporter
NO TO RACISM
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...t=#post2462532
Old 07-07-2008, 12:41 AM

W204
Originally Posted by Merc_F1
Wow what a racist jerk...the dude is a 52 y/o KKK closet supporter
NO TO RACISM
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...t=#post2462532
What a crazy ol guy... Also a rip off..

Thanks for the link.. heheheheh..
Old 07-07-2008, 01:12 AM

C300 MT, 350Z
wow.. for some people its a hobby. for me, it was my anti-drug. sounds corny? it kept me out of trouble..
Old 07-07-2008, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Originally Posted by SoCalCLK
It's because he has nothing better to do on a Saturday night (see his post time stamp) than whack off and get pleasure from posting this garbage.

Hobbies/pursuits/pastimes are costly and expensive and a passion for people. Saving money (US Dollars), which is becoming more and more devalued each year (consider oil and food prices), is not a passion for most people.

If you have it to spend, spend it how you wish, and ignore the trolls like this and his fantasy S65.
I like Gordon Gecko.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Wall Street was one awesome movie.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
OP missed nap time.

So he changed the wheels on his C, but criticizes others for modding theirs?
Old 07-07-2008, 12:23 PM

08 MB
In defense of the OP I agree to SOME extent. I also didn't see anything racist but more stereotyping in which there is a difference.

Personally I stepped up to a loaded C350 as it offered most of what I want(I still want more power) with nice 18" OEM wheels as an option, luxury, etc. and lost the desire to waste so much money on aftermarket parts. Plus I agree some of the subjects/mods being talked about in the C-class forum surprise me for a Mercedes but people can do what they want.

Before people get to defensive read and fully understand what people are saying or trying to say but maybe not in the most polite way sometimes. Personally I have modified every car I ever owned one way or another but buying or even thinking of a Mercedes being modified with some of the posts I read is weird is all. Then again it's a new generation for car and people and things do change.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
People have been modding cars for generations. How 'bout those hot rodders in the 50s, chopping tops off, dropping in bigger engines, etc? That's how NASCAR was born, essentially, with people modding their "stock" cars to go faster. And I'm not German, but from what I gather, over there M-B doesn't have as much of that "luxury" cachet that we Americans confer onto it, and I'm sure those crazy Germans modded M-B cars like hell. I saw countless M-B taxis in Germany, and a member on this forum from the UK was talking about pushing a cow through a fence with his M-B, for goodness' sakes.

I really don't see why a Mercedes should be treated any differently from any other marque's car. Because it has that three-prong star? Bleh. My friends' Japanese cars cost more than mine.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:39 PM

08 MB
Originally Posted by narky
I really don't see why a Mercedes should be treated any differently from any other marque's car. Because it has that three-prong star? Bleh. My friends' Japanese cars cost more than mine.
Because life is viewed differently through others eyes. Some people view a car as transportation and others see it as a template to make their own art in their opinion. I consider Mercedes to be more refined and elegant compared to 4 cylinder cars commonly modified but that doesn't make it so overall.

I just try to understand both sides the best I can. As of now I like my car in stock form with a clean OEM look and besides clear corners lenses I haven't seen any mods being done that look good enough to brag about or spend money on.. At the same time I can see others wanting a more personalized style and we all have opinions what is nice and not nice.

As far as the OP comment about pissing money away. That's a tough call with a lot of gray area. What's worse, buying a cheaper car like a C-class and modifying it with little chance to get any or little of that money back or buying a car that costs twice as much and will lose much more in depreciation. In the end have a financial balance in life no matter you do and hope for the best.