C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

SoCal People, where to buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
push pedal bicycle & '08 C 350
SoCal People, where to buy?

well, i have been a longtime Honda person and i am now looking to buy a c300/350 if the price is right. On my previous board we had a guy who owned a honda dealership and was the most honest car salesman in the world. if you need a honda in socal i'll give you his contact. he took care of everyone and was true to his word and dealing with him was a walk in drive out process with no BS.

my question is there any good MB dealers in the SoCal area. any enthusiast dealers that actually post here? if you had a good experience in SoCal, pass me onto your dealer, who knows they might remember and hook you up on your future purchases.

I'm looking at the summer lease rates, and they are ok, but could a better deal be had? i noticed some really good deals being had in the "how much you paid for it thread". i would like similar deals without the fight if possible. I young so i haven't been taken too seriously when i walk into the dealership, i'm getting sick of the pompous-ness of these dealers. i know its a benz but 35-40 is hardly an amount of money to be such a douche to someone about.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:26 AM

2000 E320 2009 E550
Originally Posted by methodz
well, i have been a longtime Honda person and i am now looking to buy a c300/350 if the price is right. On my previous board we had a guy who owned a honda dealership and was the most honest car salesman in the world. if you need a honda in socal i'll give you his contact. he took care of everyone and was true to his word and dealing with him was a walk in drive out process with no BS.

my question is there any good MB dealers in the SoCal area. any enthusiast dealers that actually post here? if you had a good experience in SoCal, pass me onto your dealer, who knows they might remember and hook you up on your future purchases.

I'm looking at the summer lease rates, and they are ok, but could a better deal be had? i noticed some really good deals being had in the "how much you paid for it thread". i would like similar deals without the fight if possible. I young so i haven't been taken too seriously when i walk into the dealership, i'm getting sick of the pompous-ness of these dealers. i know its a benz but 35-40 is hardly an amount of money to be such a douche to someone about.
Go to the mbusa web site and select california. All the dealers in the state are listed. You can send an E-mail directly to the dealers you select through the sites. Each site allows you build the vehicle that you want to purchase. You can compare prices by E-mail
Old 07-14-2008, 02:13 AM
Almost a Member!

C350, ML350
c350 for sale

you can buy my car....

08 C350 Iridium Silver/like NEW

Options:

MM, IPOD, P2, PANO, 18 AMG Wheels, tinted, Chip Guard.....

Miles: 2500

Firm: $39000

PM me if interested.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Best price I got was from Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach through the Costco discount. Straight invoice.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Black C300
i dont no what city you live in but in LA you can go to those lil armenian leasing places they give you the best deals i got mine real good, here are some examples, XXX motors, X-press Auto Leasing, Dream Cars, Luxury Leasing, Good Fellas auto Leasing, and so much more just look around ask pple
Old 07-14-2008, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Azn_C300
Best price I got was from Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach through the Costco discount. Straight invoice.
do i just straight tell them i am a costco member?
Old 07-14-2008, 08:34 AM

2000 E320 2009 E550
The best place for you to start is at edmunds.com or kbb.com. These sites will also let you built your vehicle. You should know exactly what you are looking for before contacting a dealer. Triple AAA also has a buying program. The prices will vary between dealers or any third party buying service. It can all be done by E-mail very fast. If you check so old posting some of the leasing information is available on this site. The current market prices can be all over the place it take a lot of research to make sure you are receiving a good or fair price.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah. I told them I was a costco member. I go back and forth between OC and the bay area so I actually got a quote with a dealership up north and they gave me invoice +$500. When Fletcher Jones Newport called, I told them I was a costco member and they told me the same invoice +$500. I then told them that's the same as the price up here so for convenience I might as well buy up here, then they came back and said they'd waive the $500 advertisement fee. So it'd be invoice. Only catch was it'd have to be a car on the lot and since they didn't have the package I wanted, I opted to go with the dealership up north as they gave me that price and allowed me to custom order.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E2233
The best place for you to start is at edmunds.com or kbb.com. These sites will also let you built your vehicle. You should know exactly what you are looking for before contacting a dealer. Triple AAA also has a buying program. The prices will vary between dealers or any third party buying service. It can all be done by E-mail very fast. If you check so old posting some of the leasing information is available on this site. The current market prices can be all over the place it take a lot of research to make sure you are receiving a good or fair price.
Costco auto buying site also allows you to build your vehicle and gives you both MSRP and invoice prices of each option, which is nice. I checked around already and the costco deal was better than the AAA deal as I have both. This might vary from dealer to dealer however, but I think it's more region to region as they've pre-negotiated those deals in an area.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Almost a Member!

6spd c300
Talk to Dez and Downtown LA Motors. I got my car there and got an unbelievable price.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:27 PM

2000 E320 2009 E550
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
Costco auto buying site also allows you to build your vehicle and gives you both MSRP and invoice prices of each option, which is nice. I checked around already and the costco deal was better than the AAA deal as I have both. This might vary from dealer to dealer however, but I think it's more region to region as they've pre-negotiated those deals in an area.
I found a wide different in the price between dealers some dealers prices were below the Costco Dealers offers. I selected my color and options before I started shopping and my request to each dealer was same. Purcahsed E550 Model Year 2009 delivery August 2008.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E2233
I found a wide different in the price between dealers some dealers prices were below the Costco Dealers offers. I selected my color and options before I started shopping and my request to each dealer was same. Purcahsed E550 Model Year 2009 delivery August 2008.
yeah, you'll have more flexibility with option choices and customization requests for 09s. I bought mine as they were going through their last batch of orders for 08s so was more limited.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:29 PM

2008 C300 Sport
Try at MB of Laguna Niguel, or Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach.

It really doesn't matter where you buy, but rather the information that you have going into the dealer. Go to www.carbuyingtips.com and read this guys entire guide before you purchase.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by mb_horseshoe
Try at MB of Laguna Niguel, or Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach.

It really doesn't matter where you buy, but rather the information that you have going into the dealer. Go to www.carbuyingtips.com and read this guys entire guide before you purchase.
just found a good dealer from my other board. i frequent s2ki and one of the s2k'ers is a benz dealer. that site never fails me!!! i think i got the hookup there, i believe he is in laguna. i'll let you know how it goes when i pick it up. have to sell my car first, hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

thank you all for your responses. i'll read that article now.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:58 AM

2000 E320 2009 E550
just found a good dealer from my other board. i frequent s2ki and one of the s2k'ers is a benz dealer. that site never fails me!!! i think i got the hookup there, i believe he is in laguna. i'll let you know how it goes when i pick it up. have to sell my car first, hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

thank you all for your responses. i'll read that article now.
Still, if you are in the market for a new car you'll want to be smart about your purchase. From Kiplinger.com, here are three strategies for getting a good deal:

Set a target price. It's important that you set a target price for all models that you consider. Your target price should be between the sticker price and the dealer cost. What you end up paying will likely depend on the demand for the vehicle you're looking at. There are various publications that will help you set a target price. Consumer Reports and Edmunds.com are two. Also, conduct a search on the Web to aid you in your research.
Choose the right discount. If given the choice between a cash rebate or low-rate financing, a $1,000 rebate will be worth more if the financed amount is anywhere less than $15,000. Cut-rate financing becomes more advantageous at higher loan levels.
Sign up with a club. Various warehouse clubs, such as Costco and Sam's Club, as well as groups like the American Automobile Association allow you to join car-buying programs. These programs will give you a discount off the sticker price without having to go through the hassle of haggling with dealers. One thing to keep in mind about these programs is that they usually only work with one dealer per car line in any given area, so there's no competition. You may get a good price through the program, but there's a chance that it might not be the best price available in your area.
End of Story

Marshall Loeb, former editor of Fortune, Money, and the Columbia Journalism Review, writes for MarketWatch.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:02 AM

99 DC2, 08 C350
Best price i found was at WI Simonson in Santa Monica

I looked at Fletcher Jones, Laguna Niguel, Long Beach, and Penske West Covina. None of them could touch the price WI Simonson gave me. I tried House of Imports in Buena park too, but I kept playing phone tag with the Internet Salesperson so ended up not going there.

I went to FJ 3 times to look at 2 different cars and each time they were the worst. I wouldn't go to FJ again. Laguna Niguel would not give me a price unless I went to the lot to actually see their inventory. I told them I was too far to just look to see what they had when I already told them exactly what I wanted. WI Simonson did everything with me over the phone and email and found the exact car I was looking for. I dealt with Dimitri Kiris over there. He was an awesome guy to work with.

I'm gonna need your honda contact in a few years! hahaha. what board you on? H-T?
Old 07-15-2008, 12:55 PM

^^^ no, s2ki.com
Old 07-16-2008, 05:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
Originally Posted by Normandie4life
i dont no what city you live in but in LA you can go to those lil armenian leasing places they give you the best deals i got mine real good, here are some examples, XXX motors, X-press Auto Leasing, Dream Cars, Luxury Leasing, Good Fellas auto Leasing, and so much more just look around ask pple

LOL, XXX is gone already though right? Luxor too...they replaced High Class Auto in Glendale.

-Luxury Ride
-PAL
-Hye Auto
-DreamLine Motors

Old 07-16-2008, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
my question is there any good MB dealers in the SoCal area.
the answer is NO, I can refer you to someone that may help you
Old 07-16-2008, 09:04 AM

2000 E320 2009 E550
I won't say all the dealers are bad is Southern California. You have to get to the price person and know what you are looking for. If you are prepared to buy an know about how much you are willing to pay based on your research you can limit your selection to one or two dealers. If not you have to use a buying service that may not always be the best price. There are a couple of independent buying services around. There is one next to the entrance to Costco in Burbank there is another one APEX AUTONET INC downtown Los Angeles, (213)407-1000 Direct. The yellow pages may have more. I prefer to deal directly with the dealer. Costco and AAA prices will vary by location and dealership and may not offer all models.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:01 PM

good info here, thank you all.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Black C300
now XXX is now on glenoaks at geldale and some other street starts with K. and the other one is in north hollywood
Originally Posted by FreshBenz

LOL, XXX is gone already though right? Luxor too...they replaced High Class Auto in Glendale.

-Luxury Ride
-PAL
-Hye Auto
-DreamLine Motors

Old 07-18-2008, 06:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
Originally Posted by Normandie4life
now XXX is now on glenoaks at geldale and some other street starts with K. and the other one is in north hollywood
oohh yeeaa!! damn i didnt know they moved.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:07 AM

found it

just got a killer deal from one of my 2ki.com brethren!!!

i pick up the car on monday. woot!!!

thank you all for your help.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:20 PM

99 DC2, 08 C350
just got a killer deal from one of my 2ki.com brethren!!!

i pick up the car on monday. woot!!!

thank you all for your help.
where'd you end up goin?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SoCal People, where to buy?