C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

AGILITY CONTROL

Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204
AGILITY CONTROL

I got a C200 and it come with a "AGILITY CONTROL"
What is it used for?
Also I found a buttom switch from C to S mode....but I don't feel any different about I change to S mode....
thanks a lot

BTW..I change the filter to K&N...it is good...can save fuel consumption & faster engine respond
Old 07-17-2008, 09:53 PM

C220 CDI with OPTIONS!
Originally Posted by fourhair
I got a C200 ...
Congrats

... and it come with a "AGILITY CONTROL" What is it used for?
I'm not sure about this - if it is the Dynamic Handling package then there is a sports mode button in the centre console. The DHP provides an adjustable suspension system and the button "locks" the suspension into the tighter "sports" mode.

Also I found a buttom switch from C to S mode....but I don't feel any different about I change to S mode....
the Comfort/Sport "shift programme" button simply changes the "response" to the timing - i.e. the "sport" mode raises the revs by a few hundred, keeping them higher and making the engine that tad more responsive.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:53 PM

W204 C230
agility control is an electrical suspension-steering system which automatically controls your vehicle to be well addapted with road conditions, i believe its an option for North America market

about C/S button ( comfort and sport ) , when you hit S button you would feel your car stiffer and little bit more power at low rpm , try to use S mode with manual 7G-tronic , turn off ESP ...i think you can do drifting

Last edited by vnc230; 07-18-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 c300
Depends on the options on your car.

All C's have basic "Agility Control" suspension - means the shocks get stiffer when the body starts to roll during cornering, or the wheels start bouncing too much on a rough road. Its automatic and totally hydraulic/mech.

The c/s button, by the auto gear shift, alters the rpm before the tranny upshifts and makes the car start in first gear for S and second gear for C. No extra power, but S raises the shift points.

"Adaptive agility control", if you have it, has a separate button on the dash and this option will stiffen the shocks when ever you choose.

HTH