C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2 colors I never see

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2 colors I never see

I never see any real world photos, or cars at dealerships, in Sand Beige or Pewter. Why is that? Does anyone have any real world photos of the car in those two colors?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6M
Here's pewter. Just picked it up a few weeks ago.
Attached Thumbnails 2 colors I never see-small-side.jpg  
Old 07-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Mine is a C300 4MATIC (Luxury) in Sanidine Beige Exterior with Beige Interior.

Here are the pictures:
Attached Thumbnails 2 colors I never see-dsc_0555.jpg   2 colors I never see-dsc_0795.jpg  
Old 07-20-2008, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Oh yes, I have seen several Pewter Silvers around.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by nyca
I never see any real world photos, or cars at dealerships, in Sand Beige or Pewter. Why is that? Does anyone have any real world photos of the car in those two colors?
Pewter was the "it" color when it came out in 2006, since then it's slowed down quite dramatically. I had a 06 ML in Pewter and liked it quite a bit and almost got my R in Pewter but decided to go with something different. The Sand Beige color was the replacement for Desert Sand and has two things going against it. One being its only available on the Luxury model and two the Luxury model isn't quite as popular as the Sport model so that makes it twice as hard to see one in person.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:20 PM

C220 CDI with OPTIONS!
I was getting sick and tired of dark colours - while they look absolutely fantastic upon detailing, the work to keep them clean and glossy was becoming onerous. So, on looking at the MB, I wasn't sure whether to hit the Silvers (either palladium or iridium) or choose the Sand Beige that the Mrs really liked ... in the end I chose both via the Cubanite Silver option (image as shown on the online configurator) which is like an iridium silver base with a sand biege candy coat - trippy to see, changing from one to the other based on the light:

Old 07-20-2008, 11:21 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Rare

Originally Posted by nyca
Sand Beige is only for the C300 Luxury only. I've seen one and in the sunshine it is astonishing.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Originally Posted by xntrek
I was getting sick and tired of dark colours - while they look absolutely fantastic upon detailing, the work to keep them clean and glossy was becoming onerous. So, on looking at the MB, I wasn't sure whether to hit the Silvers (either palladium or iridium) or choose the Sand Beige that the Mrs really liked ... in the end I chose both via the Cubanite Silver option (image as shown on the online configurator) which is like an iridium silver base with a sand biege candy coat - trippy to see, changing from one to the other based on the light:

That pictures looks awesome. I think it's the contrast with Pano Roof that really does it.

US members: Is Cubanite Silver available in the US? Don't remember seeing it listed. Or perhaps it is called something different over here? Kinda like Tanzanite Blue/Capri Blue--I believe those two are the same color.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by RLE
Sand Beige is only for the C300 Luxury only. I've seen one and in the sunshine it is astonishing.
I agree. The color of my car is Sanidine Beige. When I drive the car in sunshine, I get lots of attention. Even when I park my car on the street, there are a lot of sidewalkers stopped and admired the car and/or the color, more so than Lamborghini or a Ferrari .
Old 07-21-2008, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Originally Posted by johff
I agree. The color of my car is Sanidine Beige. When I drive the car in sunshine, I get lots of attention. Even when I park my car on the street, there are a lot of sidewalkers stopped and admired the car and/or the color, more so than Lamborghini or a Ferrari .
Yeah, that color looks great in the sun as does the Palladium Silver, which is mine, if you don't mind me saying.

It's funny. I've looked at these cars carefully, and those two colors just scream for sun. I hate when a friend looks at mine in the shade cause it doesn't look as good. Not bad, but what these colors do in light is amazing.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by mac911
Yeah, that color looks great in the sun as does the Palladium Silver, which is mine, if you don't mind me saying.

It's funny. I've looked at these cars carefully, and those two colors just scream for sun. I hate when a friend looks at mine in the shade cause it doesn't look as good. Not bad, but what these colors do in light is amazing.
That's right, I totally agree. The two colors, Palladium Silver and Sanidine Beige, are outstanding colors. I think mine is the only one here in Sanidine Beige where in the city I live and work.

There are lots of new Mercedes C-Classes here where I live and work; they are just dime and dozen everywhere. You can basically spot a new C-Class at every half a block. Yes, half a block.

To get that sort of attention, it does tell you something about the color. No offense, maybe, there are just too many white, gray & black C-Classes with the Sport Package. Mine is a Luxury model.

Last edited by johff; 07-21-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Originally Posted by johff
...there are just too many white, gray & black C-Classes with the Sport Package....
I agree.

I think Arctic White looks best, and I bought my car in the color. Apparently, however, I'm not alone in thinking that.

Thankfully, though, I see more black and shades of gray than I do see white around my area.

That Sand Beige, Mars Red, and Capri Blue, I've never seen around. I've seen ONE Barolo Red. Kinda made me jealous with its exclusivity when I saw it.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:02 PM

99 DC2, 08 C350
that's funny...just a couple days ago i found out a friend was getting a pewter ML350. i dont think i've seen pewter either
Old 07-21-2008, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
Pewter Metallic should be the U.S. equiviliant to Cubanite Silver.
However, I've seen only one Pewter W204 in person and for some reason it looks different than the Pewter Metallic on other models, and definitely doesn't look like the one on the photo above.
Pewter Metallic quickly replaced the very popular Bronzite (cross between silver and gold) of the late 80's and early 90's, which is a darker version (more gray than silver).

The Pewter W204 I saw in person looked to have a slightly pinkish/brown hue to it which I didn't really like, which made me glad that I didn't go with that color (it was my second choice next to Iridium Silver). I love it on the SLK, S and E class and the older C-class but it didn't look right on the W204.

I've seen a Borolo Red on a S-class that color is really incredible during the day. It's very rich looking with a lot of depth and the metallic just shimmers almost like a pearl paint, but I'm not a red car person (unless it is italian).
Old 07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
The good colors

Originally Posted by mac911

Same with Barolo Red. Lots of metallic which really shows in the sunshine.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:36 AM

E63
Only one Barlow red around here. I noticed it turning left in front of me from a block away. It was a nice bright sunny day and that color popped really well.