C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Renntech is finally making parts for w204s!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E320, 2006 Audi A6, 2008 C350 W204, 2010 BMW F10, 2012 Porsche Carrera S 991, 2014 E350 W212
speaking of warranty issue.. AZN, you are right about something. My dealer pulled that on me the other day. Since I have the car lowered and put on 19" rims, they are blaming any shock/spring/wheel issue on aftermarket parts. 1st, i had some aligment problem and they said they won't cover it now since the springs are aftermarket and was possibly caused by it. So i told the service advisor that I actually reported the problem before I put on the spring and wheels. so he had no choice but to fix it for me. Then a week later, i heard some funny noise coming from the bottom of the car whenever I drive slowly on uneven pavement. I once again took it in to the dealer. They took the car and made me waited 2 hours. When the car was ready, they told me no charge because they didn't do anything, NOTHING!!!!! the statement on the work paper says "confirm noise coming from the rear of the car as customer complained, next step- to take off springs and shocks to do further diagnosis (not covered by ext warranty)" So, they made me waited 2 hours for them to drive the car for 5 minutes to hear the noise. And once again without even doing any further investigation to find out what the real problem is, they blamed it on the aftermarket springs and wheels. So the next day, i took it to the place the installed the springs for me. Guess what! it took them 10 minutes to find out what the problem is. They found a little rock got stuck in the groove somewhere which cause the noise. It was not even related to the shock, the spring, the wheels or anything!! i was so pissed that i actually called my service advisor and bxtched at him for 10 minutes. anyway, that's my story.... be careful when installing aftermarket part.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Originally Posted by yxc145
speaking of warranty issue.. AZN, you are right about something. My dealer pulled that on me the other day. Since I have the car lowered and put on 19" rims, they are blaming any shock/spring/wheel issue on aftermarket parts. 1st, i had some aligment problem and they said they won't cover it now since the springs are aftermarket and was possibly caused by it. So i told the service advisor that I actually reported the problem before I put on the spring and wheels. so he had no choice but to fix it for me. Then a week later, i heard some funny noise coming from the bottom of the car whenever I drive slowly on uneven pavement. I once again took it in to the dealer. They took the car and made me waited 2 hours. When the car was ready, they told me no charge because they didn't do anything, NOTHING!!!!! the statement on the work paper says "confirm noise coming from the rear of the car as customer complained, next step- to take off springs and shocks to do further diagnosis (not covered by ext warranty)" So, they made me waited 2 hours for them to drive the car for 5 minutes to hear the noise. And once again without even doing any further investigation to find out what the real problem is, they blamed it on the aftermarket springs and wheels. So the next day, i took it to the place the installed the springs for me. Guess what! it took them 10 minutes to find out what the problem is. They found a little rock got stuck in the groove somewhere which cause the noise. It was not even related to the shock, the spring, the wheels or anything!! i was so pissed that i actually called my service advisor and bxtched at him for 10 minutes. anyway, that's my story.... be careful when installing aftermarket part.
Wow. I guess I'm not the only one with an arsemunch dealer. They're everywhere! Sorry to hear that.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
hey AZN

I just talked to EUROREV, who works with Speed Inn. I can get a cheaper group buy price. $450 for more than 5 people. you wanna go with me?
Is the group buy local? I would think about getting in if I can mail them my ECU. I'm still debating which tune to go with, but it would be tough to beat $450....
Old 08-04-2008, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E320, 2006 Audi A6, 2008 C350 W204, 2010 BMW F10, 2012 Porsche Carrera S 991, 2014 E350 W212
Originally Posted by Krytech
Is the group buy local? I would think about getting in if I can mail them my ECU. I'm still debating which tune to go with, but it would be tough to beat $450....
it can be anywhere. you will just have to take the ECU out and put it back in yourself. BUT the thing is..... this is an open box upgrade. meaning you will break the seal. which will void the ECU warranty.
I am not sure if i want to take the chance.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
it can be anywhere. you will just have to take the ECU out and put it back in yourself. BUT the thing is..... this is an open box upgrade. meaning you will break the seal. which will void the ECU warranty.
I am not sure if i want to take the chance.
Hmmmm... that should be a deal breaker for me... Thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-04-2008, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
u should be somewhat aware and prepared for a dealer to not encourage aftermarket parts.

I use to work help desk back in college and there was a standard laptop and i use to get the question "why can't i just buy my own".

Well supporting every vendor, would be just impossible, costly and time consuming. this is similar with the dealer, it gives them additional variables, sure it was just a rock, but theres an argument that it COULD have been the aftermarket parts which they just don't support. We just have to take that risk when we mod.

just my $0.2 but glad to hear it wasnt anything major.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Almost a Member!

'08 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by jgarciabu
I figured it out for macs..It's not firefox friendly (super lame). It works in Safari though.
I'm using firefox and it loads just fine. Check your browser plug-ins.